What do we want to see in the NEXT Update?

• Actually, I have an interesting idea.... Imagine if you had it set up, where for every account that shares an ip, you lost 10% productivity... For gold and resource production. It would make it much more difficult to function with multi accounts, especially when you up the scale to max (which would have 0 productivity).

most people just use a vpn

this would only hurt those who are truely a different person

Quote from Scythe

Actually, I have an interesting idea.... Imagine if you had it set up, where for every account that shares an ip, you lost 10% productivity... For gold and resource production. It would make it much more difficult to function with multi accounts, especially when you up the scale to max (which would have 0 productivity).

This would only encourage people to use VPNs and such to avoid penalties whereas the people playing by the rules would get penalized. Those of us with several fully built accounts would have to delete them in order to access the full benefits as everyone else. And in the case of multiple people playing from the same IP address (for example, husband/wife teams), one of them would have to quit playing. No thanks.

Which could be preventable, should GF blacklist blocks of IPs owned by VPN companies. It's somewhat time consuming, but far more straightforward and intuitive than say, double entry accounting.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

Truth is my weapon. Knowledge is my armor. Wisdom is my strategist. Love is my warrior...

Quote by Matshona Dhliwayo

"Why must you always chase after dragons?"

"Because they are the ones that have all the gold"

-Overheard conversation in a decrepit cantina

"Why do Dragons hoard gold?"

"Simply to flex on other sapient species"

-Overheard conversation between scholar's apprentices

RIP over 1,700 posts that I left behind on the old forums

• I would like to see a way that we could actually talk, in real time, to the world as well as our alliance. put out universal needs for CT's etc, or just talk. Chat boxes are standard now for just about every game out there...why not IKARIAM?

I used to play regularly but I stopped for about 8 years...I am happy with the updates, but this one seems like a simple yet needed addition, I know that there is an "alliance chat" but you need to sign into it, or open it...its not as smooth as other games

• I would like to see a way that we could actually talk, in real time, to the world as well as our alliance. put out universal needs for CT's etc, or just talk. Chat boxes are standard now for just about every game out there...why not IKARIAM?

I used to play regularly but I stopped for about 8 years...I am happy with the updates, but this one seems like a simple yet needed addition, I know that there is an "alliance chat" but you need to sign into it, or open it...its not as smooth as other games

Well, that was handled via irc once upon a time... Now, it's via discord.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

Truth is my weapon. Knowledge is my armor. Wisdom is my strategist. Love is my warrior...

yea, but problem with discord is you have to leave the game to chat there.

yea, but problem with discord is you have to leave the game to chat there.

Depends on how many monitors you use, or how you divide your screen

UhPWCXc.jpgg

• True, so I went on discord...is there a way to see your server only...otherwise its a waste of time...I was saying as an update include a world chat

• the do block them

but vpns just buy new ones

it's something that even giants like netflix cant stop, what gf could do? is just what it is

ASSINATURA-2023.png

• Quote from Scythe

Which could be preventable, should GF blacklist blocks of IPs owned by VPN companies. It's somewhat time consuming, but far more straightforward and intuitive than say, double entry accounting.

I think this is highly unlikely to ever happen. But, punishing the people who don't use VPNs is certainly doable. I just would prefer they don't.

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• It might also be interesting to see a new spy mission to open the gates, so if you get a spy into a town and succeed in opening the gates you could by pass the wall.

And how should this happen? The gate opening?

Nothing overly complex, you execute the spy mission and it sets up a 1hr timer trigger for the next attack on the town.
    You would need to coordinate your spy with your attack obvious as the window is just 1 hr as not to leave the target vulnerable forever.

It would help in situations where you're repeatedly attacking the same person and they keep building a few units to make you chew the wall.. also fights can last a very long time with the wall up.. and yes people can manipulate the walls appearance with garrison limit.

Just to be clear the wall would not regenerate during fighting even if it lasted longer than the wall normally would take to rebuild that would be silly.

You sound like you've seen some fighting so you know how easy it is to delay an attacker with only a handful of units and a high wall.

I actually agree with you but didn't think anyone would be on board with that number.
    and anything is better than what it currently is.

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• I'd like to find the combat times changed, I've been doing a sea battle since 4:30 AM and I'm only halfway through the work after 4 hours, you can't play it this way.

In my opinion , the first round should last 5 minutes and gradually going down the next ones until it lasts 1 minute per round.

So the first 5 min, the second 4 min, the third 3 min, the fourth 2 min, the fifth and the sucessive 1 min.

There is also a real, which cannot be charged for sleepless nights because of a game.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

si ita necesse est, ita fiat

• agree, remember many sleepless nights during wars, and not always fun even when you're winning.

Im okay with 15min rounds, but maybe the battle fields need to be larger.. it would have the same effect as speeding up rounds.

If they reduce the round time I wouldn't want to see anything less than 5, because you do need a little time to decide a course of action.

• No it is already too much time devoted to one attack, 15 min to move the army from town to town, then the first five rounds add another 15 min, then to follow all the rest which can be exasperatingly long to be reached by even the farthest player on the server.

si ita necesse est, ita fiat

• Why don't we just do instant battles then.. like piracy.. i have more guys.. I win.. ez to understand.

That's me being sarcastic btw..

it's very difficult to do any sort of waving or maneuvering with 1min rounds unless you increase the travel time.

otherwise I need to plan 10-15 waves at a time even on the same island.. taking town AP into account what you're really asking is to get rid of waving or diminish it to such a degree we might as well go to instant battles.

• It would help in situations where you're repeatedly attacking the same person and they keep building a few units to make you chew the wall.. also fights can last a very long time with the wall up.. and yes people can manipulate the walls appearance with garrison limit.

Just to be clear the wall would not regenerate during fighting even if it lasted longer than the wall normally would take to rebuild that would be silly.

You sound like you've seen some fighting so you know how easy it is to delay an attacker with only a handful of units and a high wall.

I actually agree with you but didn't think anyone would be on board with that number.
    and anything is better than what it currently is.

I don't like this idea. Playing with the wall is part of the game strategy. If someone who is attacked by you, plays with you around the wall, means that the player is pretty active and wants to make use of a strategy so it will keep you away. You should just leave such players in peace, and let them be.

The idea of a spy opening the wall is not entirely bad, but it should not open the ENTIRE wall, but just the main gate (let say, just one slot. the one in center).

And, an hour is way too much, maybe just a few minutes window. You can coordinate that with an attack, while having the spies inside. Few minutes before the attack arrives you can start the spy missions and, if the mission succeeds, 1 slot is opened (let's be real, even in real case scenario, the wall just not magically disapears)

• 1min is too low

and it will lose the essence of the batlle

i rather have like it is now than just pile up ships

ASSINATURA-2023.png

• the wall doesn't require a active player.

we can make it 10 seconds if it makes you feel better.

No, but banging on the wall over and over, requires an active player. And, if talking about inactive ones, once you killed his army, even a L40+ wall is easy to break with mortars in one round.

10 seconds is funny, but few minutes, when you can try several spy missions (in case some will fail), should be enough.

• It would help in situations where you're repeatedly attacking the same person and they keep building a few units to make you chew the wall.. also fights can last a very long time with the wall up.. and yes people can manipulate the walls appearance with garrison limit.

Ahh well, I misunderstood you then.

I'd like to find the combat times changed, I've been doing a sea battle since 4:30 AM and I'm only halfway through the work after 4 hours, you can't play it this way.

In my opinion , the first round should last 5 minutes and gradually going down the next ones until it lasts 1 minute per round.

So the first 5 min, the second 4 min, the third 3 min, the fourth 2 min, the fifth and the sucessive 1 min.

There is also a real, which cannot be charged for sleepless nights because of a game.

No. No. No. 15min rounds are okay how they are.

1. - Because it is possible to build armies that keep you save and at stalemate at least over some sleep hours.

2. - Because you need time to click and think about what you need in the next rounds.

3. - Because the units moving are late (so it would take for example 15 rounds to foresee what happens.

4. - And because it is already possible to shrink down the combat endurance. If both parties have large armies, they can fight parallel fights. It is normal at old servers that people fight parallel fights. And if you fight 8 seafights parallely, you need a) the time to maneuvre and b) it is 15/8=2 min per round already. So when you fight someone with a large fleet, just attack his wave cities.

I don't like this idea. Playing with the wall is part of the game strategy. If someone who is attacked by you, plays with you around the wall, means that the player is pretty active and wants to make use of a strategy so it will keep you away. You should just leave such players in peace, and let them be.

Well, and what you do if those people arent builders and you wanna take revenge on them? Well, there is a possibility to force those players to stop the jumping, but its expensive.

Lets just stick to the combat field which was in the first round. There, the active defender even has the possibility to choose the combat size. If he wants to fight with or without wall. But it should be forbidden to choose it every combat round.

"Du glaubst zu schieben und du wirst geschoben." - Goethes Mephistopheles in "Faust"

-> "You believe youre leading but you are being led." - Goethe in "Faust" <-

"Verstecke deine Stärke und warte auf deine Zeit." - Deng Xiaoping

-> "Hide your strength and wait for your time." - Deng Xiaoping <-

katermitfluegel6cf7p.png katerorange4ackl.png katermitfluegel6cf7p.png

LEADER OF THE EUROPEAN IKARIAM UNION

• Part of the point of a Town Wall is to give the player and alliance time to react and move troops to defend. Personally I think walls should be much stronger: Mortars can breach a max level wall in one round (maybe only if Forged) and you need to have a level 31 or 32 wall to resist Forged Catapults.