Posts by Rastan

I started On Delta surrounded by players much larger than my self.

It can be done.

Some of the best fighters ON beta are < 10million points.. mainly cause they keep lots of floats available.

After you get your palace fully upgraded / hit about 10million you really plateau in this game.

Diminishing returns on buildings gets to absurd levels.

Unless you're a point whore trying to get top TS you'll be fine.

You don't HAVE to have everything maxed out.. it's not even possible to fully upgrade some buildings without ambrosia.

another 9months I should have all my towns to a point im happy with and will be completely done building anything.

Don't worry the game will probably close before you die.

Some of us only have multiple accounts due to previous merges.

Don't confuse having multiple accounts from mergers to those who make them just to turn islands into parking lots.

when you see a few developed towns and the rest of the island is full of 10k accounts it's pretty obvious whats going on.

but I digress, It's not really relative to the merger it just pushed my buttons when I see that.

is anyone else been having trouble with ships not reaching port at the correct time?

repeatedly I go out for a pillage and when my guys come back sometimes they return to the town and it takes up to 3 mins past due before they actually clear (land home)

it's been going on since the merger started happens a lot.

Contrary to what people from the US or the UK may be used to, it is absolutely ok for customer support to be direct and fierce, as long as they remain friendly and polite while doing so. A certain amount of good behaviour can be expected from customers just as well.

Also: this isn't the topic here.

Either keep this topic for merge-related posts or it will be closed.

Ya.. uh... anyway, I have a question.

Can you tell us what # of development staff are full time dedicated to only Ikariam?

Curious what the team size is, or is the Dev team spread across all GF games on a "as needed" basis.

Why are we seeing so many old accounts coming back from the dead? I have islands that are filled with these really old accounts. They're going back to being inactive, so after 30 days they'll disappear again. But it's complicating the process of finding available spots on good islands.

ya seeing a lot of inactive accounts showing up.. not that I mind it.. they're all packed with resources, Im like a kid in a candy store.. but the they're taking up space for the incoming.. although my understand is incoming accounts aren't getting their warps until after the merger is complete?

is that right?

Yes, you will get those items after the merge.

Was this always the plan?

It was said those who move later will have less spots to choose from.. I suppose technically that is correct with or without warps.

But I thought the implication was you move and then you immediately have warps to pick a spot.

The ones who are willing to just pay for the warps now will have the advantage over those waiting for the free merger warps.

It seems like it's gonna be harder to find the spot you want having to wait for the warps.

I sure hope not, you'd only be able to upgrade the Palace with ambrosia use... simply not enough warehouse storage to go any higher.

seems like that would be really unfair.. there are already a couple buildings like this, wall for example.

What was so different about this merger? I remember the 1st one coming from Delta to Beta and It seemed like things worked without issue.

doesn't seem like the game has had many front end changes since then that I can remember.

things on the backend changed to such a degree the code they used last time had to be completely rewritten?

you are not in context, im in a server with 4000 people

this is baaaaaaaad

It changes nothing for the existing residents, it's still unfair to them.

So the server you're on that's being closed is 4k? or the sever your headed to is 4k?

If it's your existing that means nothing

If it's your target then you have only 1 choice?

4k accounts is a pretty full server.. so like I said randomizing a nearly full server will not get the benefit you seek, it will only cause much more pain.

misery loves company right?

P.S It's not like I wouldn't like free warps I live with a bunch of deadbeats on my island that do not respond to even 18 months of occupation

So we all got problems, I'd gladly take a warp outta this hell hole and leave the spot for you.

i dont know dude, im in vmode while everyone choose their places and badibol response were stop crying

I mean what do you want me to say? They botched it.

I mean I feel for ya.. Not saying you don't have a right to be upset, and I hope they fix it for you quickly.

But we can't punish everyone else because of it.. that's even less fair.

I will give you a little tip.. it's a little bit of a gamble though.

if you arrive on a target server and can't find a spot you like.. wait.. some of the incoming people maybe moving..

Honestly I think they should make the town warps permanent.. The best way to handle this would have been to literally deposited X amount of town warps into peoples inventory box for later use, NO-EXP so you could choose the right time to move.

maybe they could at least do that for people in your situation.

randomize every location and give evryone free moves

Then it seems like the existing players on that server will feel it's unfair.

the guy who selected his towns carefully.

might suddenly find him self with unfavorable island choices.

additionally if they was on a wine and suddenly find them suddenly found them selves on a sulfur they might not be able to self sustain them selves.

also assuming they couldn't find a suitable wine island to relocate to their wine grower building becomes useless

The only way this would sorta work is if you took up every single town, so the server was empty and had some sort of land rush.. but then the time zone would favor some people over others.

You think this would help you? it might not let me paint a scenario.

Server is 95% full, you randomize the town locations and give everyone 2 weeks to relocate with free warps.

How many "free" spots do you think will be available to warp to?

you can't "trade" spots either.. then everyone gets stuck with random locations.. some people might end up with towns 12 hours away.. etc

I understand your worry and concern but this would be even more unfair.

Some people might get holding the bag on this, the ones that transfer later.

that's bad enough but your suggestion makes sure many more suffer for it.

THAT IS THE ONLY reason for buying ambrosia, is it not?

They're not deleting the account just transferring it I can understand you being upset, that's why the new servers bring in good $$$$ in the beginning. So Something I actually agree with badidol on.. I think I need to lay down now.

now we are gonna be stuck on usless miracles like Hermes, Ares and Athena? Give players option to vote on miracle and resource that is gonna be on their island to give at least SOME chance to us...

it's possible that will happen to late transfers.. looks like GF f'ed this up pretty bad I don't know why.. maybe I was lucky but when I went from Delta->Beta on the 1st merger everything went smoothly. Im a little confused why they didn't just reuse the 1st merger system.

As far as voting your miracle.. I don't think that's gonna happen.

RESET WONDERS

to what? If you just randomized it all you would be doing is shifting the problem to existing residence. and unlike people coming are not gonna be given free warps.

ultimate farm operation for the large players on Alpha, Beta, and NY

I can't speak for everyone but I've got more inactives on my radar than I know what to do with right now on Beta.. and even if I didn't if you don't look like a farm then im not gonna bother fighting long expensive battles for a handful of goods.

you're probably safer than you think, just keep a decent MS and hideouts and most people will move on to easier prey.

Also make sure you don't leech the island cause I'll attack anyone including players twice my size if they leech.

After you get in the 10-15m range the advantages someone with 20-30million become less and less

Some of the best fighters on Beta have < 10million because they choose to keep some of their towns mobile.

not for about another 8 hours.. 12 - 2 - 2021 - 12:00 game time.

I've been looking forward to the merger as well but I hope we get actual players and not just more spare accounts.

I think what xUx is really upset about is the reason we're doing the merger is because GF keeps opening servers, gets that initial amborsia flow.. and then the servers just stagnant, rinse and repeat.. But I don't wanna put words in tehir mouth maybe im wrong.

I think a lot of players share their disgust in that practice.

anyway it does'nt matter.. Gameforge Gonna Gameforge, keep playing or quit..even with the merger I suspect we'll be on life support within 2 years.

That's just talking yourself into liking the idea.

In the end it's a difference in treatment. Not going to happen.

No technically I am correct, and NO it's not a difference in treatment IF someone knows about it before they make the account on a "to be opened" server.

It would just make it easier next merger, Instead you'll have the same discussion with everyone about multi's again.

Or you'll blow your foot off by deleting accounts. (I thought it was a bad move for the player base but secretly was curious what would happen if you did)

Being a German based company subject to EU law.. eh.. that might be a issue for you.

Anyway it was an idea.. don't have to use it, I really don't have any skin in the game other than I don't wanna be the only one still playing it a year from now.

Good day sir.