Posts by Scythe

I appreciate the clarification. It might be nice to be able to have a check box for restricting the use of cargo ships. It would also be nice, if we could underload the freighters in the same way we do the cargo ships (for increased speed).

I would like to see a way that we could actually talk, in real time, to the world as well as our alliance. put out universal needs for CT's etc, or just talk. Chat boxes are standard now for just about every game out there...why not IKARIAM?

I used to play regularly but I stopped for about 8 years...I am happy with the updates, but this one seems like a simple yet needed addition, I know that there is an "alliance chat" but you need to sign into it, or open it...its not as smooth as other games

Well, that was handled via irc once upon a time... Now, it's via discord.

yea, but problem with discord is you have to leave the game to chat there.

Depends on how many monitors you use, or how you divide your screen

I would like to see a way that we could actually talk, in real time, to the world as well as our alliance. put out universal needs for CT's etc, or just talk. Chat boxes are standard now for just about every game out there...why not IKARIAM?

I used to play regularly but I stopped for about 8 years...I am happy with the updates, but this one seems like a simple yet needed addition, I know that there is an "alliance chat" but you need to sign into it, or open it...its not as smooth as other games

Well, that was handled via irc once upon a time... Now, it's via discord.

Actually, I have an interesting idea.... Imagine if you had it set up, where for every account that shares an ip, you lost 10% productivity... For gold and resource production. It would make it much more difficult to function with multi accounts, especially when you up the scale to max (which would have 0 productivity).

most people just use a vpn

this would only hurt those who are truely a different person

Quote from Scythe

Actually, I have an interesting idea.... Imagine if you had it set up, where for every account that shares an ip, you lost 10% productivity... For gold and resource production. It would make it much more difficult to function with multi accounts, especially when you up the scale to max (which would have 0 productivity).

This would only encourage people to use VPNs and such to avoid penalties whereas the people playing by the rules would get penalized. Those of us with several fully built accounts would have to delete them in order to access the full benefits as everyone else. And in the case of multiple people playing from the same IP address (for example, husband/wife teams), one of them would have to quit playing. No thanks.

Which could be preventable, should GF blacklist blocks of IPs owned by VPN companies. It's somewhat time consuming, but far more straightforward and intuitive than say, double entry accounting.

"Maim" the account? :whistling: It sounded a bit "cruel", but of course, I don't know if it's going to be called "The Curse of Medusa" in the game. ^^

I like that, actually. Everything is supposed to be a cost vs benefit choice in this game, after all.

JuneBarcarolle I would really like that. People, you can't tell me that you're not happy when the appearance of the city, seen from the island, changes, or when the city hall looks more orderly and modern with the construction of the town hall. Of course everything stays in the same style, that's the theme of this game and I like that. But my opinion is that it would be simply genius to change the appearance of the buildings after a certain level. I enjoy it, such little things fill me up. It's just that some inner thoughts of mine tell me that a level 1 city wall and a level 40 city wall shouldn't look the same. Congratulations on what you wrote, I agree and I would very much like to see this idea become a reality one day.

I'm not sure how long you have been playing this game... Hell, I wish I could take credit for the idea of the city evolving when the buildings change levels... Or even who first voiced the idea, over ten years ago, and has likely quit playing the game by now...But, I can assure there are may of us that would love to see the city evolve. June is most certainly one of the perkier and more positive people playing the game, to be sure.

People quit for several reasons. One of which is a significant change in the game, that is contrary to the way they like to play... Another is that they get bored with it; be it that they have explored the frontier to their liking, the newness and shininess of it has worn off and lost its luster or they simply require more visual... For example, the buildings in our towns don't evolve in appearance as they climb levels. Some people simply get annoyed at things, that may be trivial to others. Not saying it is a deal breaker for me at this point, but I do find that I can't build this new dockyard in my capital city based on my palace level irritating... I'd be cool with it, if they made it require a level 11 palace, if they feel froggy... But, the fact that they tied it specifically to the TH for this one single city annoys the crap out of me.

I know what I wish was in this current update, and hope to see in the near future... To be able to build this Dockyard in my capital city, based on my palace being level 10... Or, if you absolutely need to make it just a little more difficult for us... When the palace hits level 11.

Oh, and one more important factor. If buying 1 freighter apparently costs a little over 8m gold, that is WAY cheaper than me buying an additional 100 merchant ships. Not even close!

First of all, the costs of freighters also increase gradually.

Secondly, 100 merchant ships will transport your goods a lot faster than 2 freighters.

There's always a catch and which way is the way for you to go is a matter of your own evaluation ultimately ;)

I'm waiting to see how much the sea chart archive impacts this

But, that makes no sense to make it impossible to build in your capital, until lvl 35 TH..... So, I can build this monstrosity in ALMOST EVERY SINGLE CITY I HAVE, except my capital?

Somewhat selfish, but I'd like to see the requirements for building the Dockyard to include the possibility of Palace 10 too. My second account (different server) is a Godly Protection experiment, and so is currently unable to build the Dockyard (and yes, it would help greatly at low levels).

You can build the Dockyard in the Capital City, also, if you have the Town Hall at least at level 35.

Er, thanks, but a Godly Protection account wouldn't allow a L35 Town Hall.

What on earth would you want with freighters on an account still that low?

That's ridiculous ;)

Personally, I'd be amazed at a small account being able to accumulate the kinds of resources to build this... That said, I have an account not so small... But uses a non traditional building strategy that I'm playing... Could we make the requirement for there to be 10 colonies instead of or another possibility than a lvl 10 governors residence or lvl 35 Town Hall? I have an account that I have no intention of making my TH reach 35, but will probably have 16 colonies when done.... But, I'd never be able to build this building in my capitol, as things stand.

Sweet mother of god... I have not seen such an ill conceived notion in a very long time. Now, if we had the same number of cities available in 2008... As we do now... This idea would make sense. But, considering how few unique player accounts we have... In relation to the number of islands and available spots on them...

This is a solution looking for a problem, and creates more problems than it solves. It's an abortion for a phantom fetus.

Do I save a month of gold to buy 1 ship?

Instead of this nonsense, isn't it better if we increase the transport from the workshop from 500 to 1000? or more then 1000 idk

It's actually an interesting idea to improve the cargo ship from the workshop... I don't know that it would ever happen, but I do like the idea.