Posts by Quartz

Hello, I would like to be able to move my account from an almost dead server to another server (through premium account transport). However, the size of the account does not allow me to join any server because of the outdated rule of not being able to join the top 50 of a server. Are there any exceptions or is this rule about to change?

Regards,

What is your Total Score? How about moving to a server where you are not in the top 50? Have you looked at Alpha (have a TS lower than 49M) and Beta (50M)?

I know that the maximum current level of the Museum is 21 but it used to be 24 and you used to be able to build more than 4 warehouses. When the hammer came down on Warehouses (v 0.4 or 0.5 IIRC) you were allowed to keep - and expand - your existing Warehouses even if you had more than 4. So if someone had kept 6 Warehouses and built a Dump before the cap was reduced in 0.7 then it was possible for them to build a level 22 Museum.

The subject seems to have been opened for Pangaia but is there anyone who can reach the real number of accounts after the inactives that need to be deleted from other servers (or countries) are finished?

I can tell you that on Beta around 10,000 accounts have been deleted but there are a couple of thousand to go. On Alpha the highscore list is misbehaving in that it goes down to over 13,000 but no accounts are listed if you select that range.

You bought a account that has 10.000.000.000 gold and now you come here and say honest player? Lol

That's quite an accusation. I've corresponded with 'The Crow' off and on for years. Pretty much ever since Iota moved to Beta.

Definitely not needed, as long as there are no new buildings invented.

The issue is that many players are in the end stage of the game, and doing the Warehouse shuffle is a bit of a drag. For some buildings you need four warehouses, the depot, and double storage. An alternative solution would be to tweak the Steam Lifter. I'm sure Ikariam would get more income if the Steam Lifter were changed to allow unlimited storage.

I've just seen a couple of Inactive purged on Beta but these are players who have recently become inactive rather than players who had been de-ghosted.

Ooh! I've just spotted a couple of inactives on Beta switch to Vacation Mode. Some, e.g. Toque and HD2, are in a normal vacation mode (though the player hasn't played in years and had been ghosted) with town names in black text and a palm tree, whereas others, e.g. Loopline, are in a combination of Inactive and Vacation Mode, with grey text and a palm tree.

Well, in theory it looks fine but

Hehehe! You're absolutely correct. There's a huge difference between theory and practice, and I have no knowledge of the code, data structures, infrastructure, etc that make Ikariam work. Plus the code would likely be in German, which I do not speak.

Probably basic and source code for the game is just HTML and you can see the source code by right clicking anywhere on the page and viewing the HTML code via page source on the drop down menu.

I have actually done that and there appears to be a significant amount of server-side code which is not visible. This is good practice. One of the basics for games like this is that you do not trust the client.

Well, in theory it looks fine but

Hehehe! You're absolutely correct. There's a huge difference between theory and practice, and I have no knowledge of the code, data structures, infrastructure, etc that make Ikariam work. Plus the code would likely be in German, which I do not speak.

I am on Alpha and Beta and there's simply nothing visibly happening now.

A suggestion from a former IT guy, if I may: given that the graveyarding process seems to be taking so much time, how about setting up an intermediary server for each of the existing worlds (e.g. Alpha_Limbo / s1_en_l, Beta_Limbo / s2_en_l, etc) and forcibly moving inactive and banned accounts to those servers from which they can be graveyarded with the additional note of the original server should the player return. Actually, it might just be simpler and quicker to clone the live server database to the Limbo server and delete active accounts on the Limbo server and delete Inactive accounts on the live server.