new dockyard

• got a couple building, curious how this works..

I hope im wrong but I suspect there will be a problem with this implementation.

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• Rastan what problem?

The only problem I see, is the insane times required to transport resources with these ships: 3h20m on the same island (instead of 10m with classic transporters). This means that, if you have a city 3 islands away it will take like what? 20 hours??? Can anyone who already has a freighter confirm?

My largest distance between my cities is 2h8m (with transport ships). This means that, if I want to transport resources using freighters on this route, it will take ~42 hours!!!!

In this case, the solution will be, probably, building many many dockyards and have so many freighters that the time spent to send resources it will be worth the amount of resources carried. Probably in terms of millions.

• Think of the positive side:

• an enormous time when your resources are safe from pillaging
    • they have a large capacity, so you can send them when you have resources, and forget about them until they arrive

You cannot expect to get both - the speed and the high capacity. However you should be able to use Poseidon and See Chart Archive I think as well.

• they have a large capacity, so you can send them when you have resources, and forget about them until they arrive

You cannot expect to get both - the speed and the high capacity. However you should be able to use Poseidon and See Chart Archive I think as well.

Holy sh*t!!! You opened the Pandora's box with the first point. Imagine how you can secure millions of resources now, just by loading them into freighters (assuming you have large ports), then recall the freighter after the pillage attack is gone :D. I didn't even think about this, but you are right!

For the second point, yes, I agree. As stated above, probably we would need many freighters when sending resources and just forget about them until they arrive.

Holy sh*t!!! You opened the Pandora's box with the first point. Imagine how you can secure millions of resources now, just by loading them into freighters (assuming you have large ports), then recall the freighter after the pillage attack is gone :D. I didn't even think about this, but you are right!

For the second point, yes, I agree. As stated above, probably we would need many freighters when sending resources and just forget about them until they arrive.

But isn't the case, that if your ships are being loaded once attack have come, and you didn't finished loading once atack is over (let's say enemy won) you still will lose the resources. If ships have been loaded and sailed, then yes, you can try to do that, but assuming that upcoming attack is 13min away, and you have 0 troops there, it means that what you can load during those 13 minutes only be saved.

• Don't worry, there are ways to hold back an attack even for more than an hour, probably enough to load like 1M+ resources.

All you need is a strong wall (L40+) and 1 slinger. Keeping towns with absolutely no troop is a rookie mistake.

If they come with bombers, it takes a little bit involvement in each round, but it's doable. Of course, it requires for you to be present and see the incoming attack.

• Rastan what problem?

The only problem I see, is the insane times required to transport resources with these ships: 3h20m on the same island (instead of 10m with classic transporters). This means that, if you have a city 3 islands away it will take like what? 20 hours??? Can anyone who already has a freighter confirm?

My largest distance between my cities is 2h8m (with transport ships). This means that, if I want to transport resources using freighters on this route, it will take ~42 hours!!!!

In this case, the solution will be, probably, building many many dockyards and have so many freighters that the time spent to send resources it will be worth the amount of resources carried. Probably in terms of millions.

I was waiting to see for my self but Draxo nailed it.

"an enormous time when your resources are safe from pillaging"

this trick can already be preformed on small scale with cargo ships, the frigates will be floating warehouses.

I see this as yet another nail in warfare in the game if it is true.

we'll have to see how the frigates work though.. like if they can be destroyed or intercepted thru a blockage, etc.

I always felt bounced cargo should be captured and send home to the person blocking the port, but that is not how it works with cargo's.

If they added something like that for the frigates it might not quite as exploity as it suspect it will be.

P.S im also curious if the frigates are going to work player to player or if they can be sent on pillages.

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• Ohhh the idea of pillaging is also a nice one and could be very very nicelly used for a farms, that you pillage once in a while, just send it and get the resources.

But anyone knows the capacity of frigate?

• nerukazz: you can't send frigates in pillage missions. These new type of ships can be used only for goods transportation (between own cities and probably any other city).

Do we know the amount of resources that one frigate could carry ?
    Just interested if I should rush it or not, because I do not have towh hall level 35 neither the palace or governor residence lvl 10, but I'm at level 9 in most of the cities now.

• nerukazz: you can't send frigates in pillage missions. These new type of ships can be used only for goods transportation (between own cities and probably any other city).

Do we know the amount of resources that one frigate could carry ?
    Just interested if I should rush it or not, because I do not have towh hall level 35 neither the palace or governor residence lvl 10, but I'm at level 9 in most of the cities now.

50k each

ASSINATURA-2023.png

• There is a small bug that I won't bother reporting in bug thread.

The description of the Dockyard says that it can be built in any town with level 10 Governor's Residence or level 35 Town Hall. I can build Dockyards in all towns with level 10 Governor's Residences, but not the Capital city that has a level 10 Palace. Instead I get an error saying that I must have a Governor's Residence level 10 or level 35 Town Hall, but there is no Governor's Residence in a capital city and my Town Hall is level 32.

Considering this is a new update, it may take some time before the developers notice this oversight.

segimann2.png

Tusen takk til Infinity for dette stilige bildet!

• So, where is the bug? Palace is NOT a Governor Residence. It states CLEARLY the it has a requirement on Governor Residence, not also Palace!

while technically that's correct...in practice it's just plain stupid and i'm sure this will be fixed...

palace and gov. res are the same frikin thing...just separated because you can have only one capital

this is just like a punishment for your starting town...which in any other case is the best

i don't have this problem...but i see how this can be annoying

• Reread the requirements. It doesnā€™t say ā€˜ANDā€™. It says ā€˜ORā€™. It can be built in the Capitol and I know this because I am doing it now.