Update

• I relly don't understand this (rather useless) discussion!

If you'd work through this thread merchant ships have already been discussed (in this thread as well as in discord)!

This latest update was the final decision of GameForge! Why do you insist here, only because you don't want to save the necessary gold?

Gruss nobody ;)

ETA>Epsilon>Alpha

Weitere Server mƶglich

• well..just like i and others said above...it's all about the cost...the problem

it just escales waay too much, to the point that it is simply not achievable in a realistic way

i think the solution would be to set a limit for prices, simmilar to what they did to building time on building levels...so they can't require more than a certain amount per level

this would work fine with prices...

on buildings this is still a big problem

• Guys, not everything should be easy to achieve. When you say we need to lower the cost of ships, that sounds good, but after that we can ask to reduce the resources needed to raise the level of the mine, then to increase the gold per hour, then to reduce the cost of buildings and to reduce the time of buildings and in a year we will all have everything and no one will want to play the game. I have 230 ships, I worked really hard to get to that figure, and every new ship is a big challenge for me and it's interesting to me. Play slowly, build an account, and everything will fall into place after a while.

d4oibcf-dba4d1dd-8bce-4601-bff4-b59549bec1de.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzBlODU4YTNhLTk5OWQtNDAyMi1hZTAyLTEzOTg0NDdhOTM2YlwvZDRvaWJjZi1kYmE0ZDFkZC04YmNlLTQ2MDEtYmZmNC1iNTk1NDliZWMxZGUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.dp2XCQk0qMZIBso58sn9BwCNveYaLxegDUiG3pvGl4M

• getting 7 billion resources for a building is not something that is not easy, its impossible

unless there is a new update that change how we produce resources is completly stupid

ASSINATURA-2023.png

• It may be unreasonable to reduce the cost of ships because there are people who have given that gold so far. Will those people be paid back in gold?

If they are not paid, they will have worked in vain. Best practice is to get 5 upgrades to ships and at least increase the capacity to 1000.

• Do I save a month of gold to buy 1 ship?

Instead of this nonsense, isn't it better if we increase the transport from the workshop from 500 to 1000? or more then 1000 idk

It's actually an interesting idea to improve the cargo ship from the workshop... I don't know that it would ever happen, but I do like the idea.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

Truth is my weapon. Knowledge is my armor. Wisdom is my strategist. Love is my warrior...

Quote by Matshona Dhliwayo

"Why must you always chase after dragons?"

"Because they are the ones that have all the gold"

-Overheard conversation in a decrepit cantina

"Why do Dragons hoard gold?"

"Simply to flex on other sapient species"

-Overheard conversation between scholar's apprentices

RIP over 1,700 posts that I left behind on the old forums

• Guys, not everything should be easy to achieve. When you say we need to lower the cost of ships, that sounds good, but after that we can ask to reduce the resources needed to raise the level of the mine, then to increase the gold per hour, then to reduce the cost of buildings and to reduce the time of buildings and in a year we will all have everything and no one will want to play the game. I have 230 ships, I worked really hard to get to that figure, and every new ship is a big challenge for me and it's interesting to me. Play slowly, build an account, and everything will fall into place after a while.

i think you misunderstood a bit the problem...

this is not about dificulty...it's about being possible or not in a frikin LIFETIME

i play this game for years, i'm a top player even after i had quite a long break of more than 2 years...i was not able to go to my original comunity server because my score would be in top 50...

now you're telling me that after all this it's just about "difficulty"?

no it's not! It's about being achievable or not

for example i'm at 245 ships bought...and this is not even to half of them...because the price rises with EVERY new ship

so after what...14-15 years is just "difficulty" to not be able to come even close to max??

be serious please...

don't even try to start on buildings cost and time...it's all said above...

• Splina

We are on two different topics. Your number of ships is quite solid, why do you need many more anyway? You can certainly transfer a huge amount of resources on a daily basis. It is not a question at all whether it is achievable or not, because if one day there is a maximum number of 1000 ships, you don't have to have all 1000, you should have enough to fulfill your needs.

I don't know how strong your account is, but I guess the biggest transfer of resources requires palaces and governor's residences, and now, I'm building a palace for the 13th city, and it's quite a lot of resources, but I definitely manage to transfer all the resources in 4 days. For me it's a very good balance, the strongest building for 4 days of preparation, a great trade. It would be ungrateful to expect everything to be done in a day, because this is a strategy game that requires a lot of time.

d4oibcf-dba4d1dd-8bce-4601-bff4-b59549bec1de.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzBlODU4YTNhLTk5OWQtNDAyMi1hZTAyLTEzOTg0NDdhOTM2YlwvZDRvaWJjZi1kYmE0ZDFkZC04YmNlLTQ2MDEtYmZmNC1iNTk1NDliZWMxZGUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.dp2XCQk0qMZIBso58sn9BwCNveYaLxegDUiG3pvGl4M

• don't think there are different topics...just different goals or ways to see the facts

i like to plan things for long term here so i always look for maximum levels and so on, not just what is available right now

inthe end...why did they bothered to add all this?? Well, i think for us to achieve...

so...first, i want all of them not just simply because i need them immediately, but because it's a new goal, a new limit and of course, because they are all usefull once you have them. The problem is the same...look above at graphs and see how many years are required...AND resources, not considering other costs...

next, they become more and more a necessity once you progress thru buildings

just look at their costs and let's assume for a moment that buildings become achievable.

How much do they cost? bilions! How do you plan to transport such quantities if you're not able to even max your ships?? Or better said, in how much extra time do you need?

see the point?

i don't have a problem with them being difficult and requiring time and resources to be achievable. That's just normal in fact

the problem is how much

and this...is out of reality for now

plan it for next 5-10 years let's say. I don't have any problem if everything would look achievable in this time I will probably still play...BUT...between this and what we currently have...it's really discouraging

not to mention that in these "10 years" GF will have plenty of time to add morethings, more goals, more challenges

and on top of everything, these "10 years " i just said as example, with everything maxed and focused on production...while the reality is different for many players...they have battles, they don't play daily maybe, they have different goals...so this would be for dedicated players anyway

still...even with this we are talking about years ...i think you got the point..

for most, this won't be a reality anyway...but for some atleast...it's just a total waste to be implemented like this

• Splina

My good friend, believe me, we may be on the same topic, but then we play this game completely differently. I don't hit the wall, I read what you write and I'm always open to hearing other people's opinions. But I still can't understand exactly how out of everything we have now the ships are the biggest problem, then your account must be very, very, very strong.

I will try to explain briefly so that you understand why ships are not a big problem for me. I hope we agree that the biggest transfers of resources are made when building palaces and residences, then it is important that everything goes as it should because the city must not stand with so many resources for very long because there is always the possibility of looting.

The first problem is to make enough resources for such a large building, then provide all the necessary things to save the most resources, carpenters, opticians, etc.. Then make enough storage for safe resources and enough capacity to handle a large amount of resources, and for all that time you have to invest, build an army, keep the citizens happy.

Then in the new city you have to start all over again, warehouses, hiding places, carpenters, opticians, architects' offices, taverns, etc. And it all goes on and on and on. Corruption eats, that's why I don't employ workers in that city, and the gold is slowly filling up and filling up and filling up.

The point of the story is, there are so many things to complete that take up an awful lot of time before the ships become that much of a problem. And there is always the possibility of tweaking the order, of correcting something, in my country there is a saying "ŠØтŠ¾ Š½Šµ ŠæŠ»Š°Ń‚Šøш Š½Š° Š¼Š¾ŃŃ‚Ńƒ, ŠæŠ»Š°Ń‚ŠøћŠµ Š½Š° ћуŠæрŠøјŠø." which in short means that a problem must await you somewhere, that's why I reduce research, when I turn off the crystal and sulfur to gold would go much faster. And in the end there are results, little by little there is a new ship, little by little, there is a new boat.

I haven't reached the moment yet and I still don't see the moment when the ships become my biggest problem when I know first of all how many resources I have to make, how many resources I have to save, how many auxiliary buildings I need to raise to the maximum level in order to consume less resources, how much time do I have to give to keep the buildings that keep the people's happiness at very high levels so that there is a constant flow of residents, so that the gold goes faster.

So I hope you understand me, when I have so many things in front of me, the cost of the ships is not my biggest problem. It's much easier to transport resources than to protect them, it's much easier to transport resources than to build them, it's much easier to transport resources than to build warehouses, carpentry, museums, town halls and everything needed for the new city to reach the level of the previous ones cities.

• Splina

And one more very important thing, as a complement to all this. When I ship 100,000 resources in one round from one city to another, with my trading port levels the longest possible wait time is never more than 20 minutes, I have high trading port levels and cities that are close to each other, now I really hate to do the math though is probably very simple, but if I got interested and was online for 10 hours a day, I could probably move an insane amount of resources from one place to another. As an icing on the cake, 8 cities are within 3 minutes and 20 seconds of each other (same marble island).

• Do I save a month of gold to buy 1 ship?

Instead of this nonsense, isn't it better if we increase the transport from the workshop from 500 to 1000? or more then 1000 idk

It's actually an interesting idea to improve the cargo ship from the workshop... I don't know that it would ever happen, but I do like the idea.

If you like the idea, you can open a topic. I'm new here so I don't know how to open it. i can support you

• Quote from Wolf of Wall Street

As an icing on the cake, 8 cities are within 3 minutes and 20 seconds of each other (same marble island).

Well then you are lucky that your server offers you special shipping conditions.

Normally in a group of 4 islands you'll have a shipping time of 28 minutes (diagonal). You can shorten this with Oligopoly, Poseidon and Triton Engines. ;)

Gruss nobody ;)

ETA>Epsilon>Alpha

Weitere Server mƶglich

• nobody

To avoid confusion, I am the first to agree that I am in a better position than some players because the war server has its advantages, one of which is less time to transport resources. But in short, I hope you understand what my point was, not to argue or convince people that I'm right, but that at least for me there are 10 problems that are bigger than the 230ti ship. The gold is definitely coming while I sort out the other things, because if it fails I know I have to sacrifice either the scientists or the crystal.

Splina

And I would just add that I think the point of the game and gameforge tactics with these new updates was to make the game unattainable for the very reason that no one ever reaches the end. Because when people reach the end they usually stop playing. Games that have no end have usually proven to be the most successful.

• well...yes and no

some may just give up when they see that there is absolutely no chance to "finish the game"

remember...this "finish" is in fact the main goal for most players

the succes of "endeless" games are in fact the updates. This is what brings new content and a reason to continue...once the max achievable was touched, ofc.

the reason why some online games can just go on is because they simply can add content and change the "end game" requirements again and again

but when you see from start that you just can't finish it...the question is obvious...wht the heck to bother?

then, it's not all about "finishing"

first important thing is to achieve the max...then, and the most important imho, is in fact to mentain, to keep this position...so just by this there's no end

it's never enough to just climb to the top...you always need to keep yourself here!

but throwing all this and realising the results...may be just disappointing not encouraging to play the game...

why the ?!@...should i bother if I KNOW that i can't "finish it" ??

*and NO! , it's absolutely our of ecuation to let this game as inheritance :))

Edited once, last by Splina ().