"What's Next?" Question Thread

• GameForge was talking about obstacles to server merge, which is one of the biggest wishes of players. Now that they remove obstacles (one way or another), players are asking GameForge now.

:/ "What's Next?" :/

Players who wants to see a new "authoritative letter" from GameForge is meeting in this thread. New expectations will be listed in this thread and a response will be sought from GameForge.

So we start this thread and ask GameForge:

:/ 1) What do you think about adding different views (day/night or weather) to Ikariam? :/

:/ 2) What do you think about holding award-winning tournaments in score categories other than Piracy? :/

:/ 3) What do you think about shortening round times in battles? :/

:/ 4) Do you have a feature project that is logically similar to Barbarians but on a larger scale? :/

:/ 5) Do you think of any differences that would give the attacker an advantage in looting an inactive player? :/

Our questions are not over and we will continue to ask GameForge.

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png

• Another 5 years without any major release would be my expectation. ;)

I guess you got tired of the "Soft Merge" season. :whistling:

But there are those who want the winds to continue to blow. 8)

So we go ahead and ask GameForge:

:/ 6) What do you think about Utopia (research) being valid in every town instead of just the capital? :/

:/ 7) What do you think about holding an Ambrosia award-winning tournament on the war server? :/

:/ 8- What do you think about being able to produce Merchant Ship with details such as maintenance cost and vulnerability to Pirates? :/

:/ 9) What do you think about being able to buy Ambrosia with a very large amount of Gold? :/

:/ 10) What do you think about increasing the number of Warehouses that can be built in a town from 4 to 5? :/

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png

• We go ahead and ask GameForge:

:/ 11) What do you think about imposing a time requirement between Pirate attacks? :/

:/ 12) What do you think about a building that will appear as additional power in sea battle? :/

:/ 13) Do you have a building (or buildings) project that can be built outside of Pirate Fortress for the building ground with green flag? :/

:/ 14) Do you have a project that will diversify the possibilities on the battlefield? :/

:/ 15) What do you think about adding "Skill Tree" to Ikariam? :/

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png

:/ 16) What do you think about limiting the number of members in alliances? :/

:/ 17) What do you think about buildings change their appearance as level up? :/

:/ 18) What do you think about bringing back old town view and old battle system? :/

:/ 19) What do you think about making a special server without Hephaistos' Forge and Colossus? :/

:/ 20) What do you think about making a special server without Premium features? :/

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png

• My bet would be to not expect anything unless it involves an in-game purchase involving ambrosia/money. The last new free "feature" I remember being added is Sea Chart Archive, which is actually useful in this late-game stage. Perhaps they will add another new building after a decade or two.

• My bet would be to not expect anything unless it involves an in-game purchase involving ambrosia/money. The last new free "feature" I remember being added is Sea Chart Archive, which is actually useful in this late-game stage. Perhaps they will add another new building after a decade or two.

Don't sink into despair and keep struggle for your Ikariam. :thumbup:

Because we must do this. 8)

Resim.png

• I would like see a new kind of merchant boat that you can build in the shipyard. So you can tranport more goods around between you're city's. It would cost wood and gold to make. And you need to pay a amount of gold when you use the'se boats, like battleships.

• Quote from embio

I would like see a new kind of Merchant Ship that you can build in the Shipyard. So you can transport more goods around between your towns. It would cost Wood and Gold to make and you need to pay a amount of Gold when you use these ships, like battleships.

embio

I've tidied up your post a bit. :whistling:

So we ask Question 8 (in case you haven't seen it). ;)

We go ahead and ask GameForge:

:/ 21) What do you think about making a special server without Piracy? :/

:/ 22) What do you think about adding new Units to Ikariam? :/

:/ 23) What do you think about removing the Premium Trader feature from Ikariam and instead adding a "Market" to the Agora on the islands, which will allow trading with other inhabitants of the island? :/

:/ 24) What do you think about making a special building ground on the hill for Academy? :/

:/ 25) What do you think about making a special building ground by the lake for Temple? :/

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png

:/ 26) What do you think about giving Academy the freedom to build more than one in the same town, like Warehouse? :/

:/ 27) What do you think about giving Diplomat the right to cancel Trade/Cultural Asset Treaties with other alliances from Embassy at once? :/

:/ 28) What do you think "Warehouse Future" (Future Researches) that provides the increment of Warehouse's capacity? :/

:/ 29) Do you have a Unit project that will only attack Cook/Doctor? :/

:/ 30) What do you think about "Cargo Balloon", which will be the second option if the raw material is to be sent to a town on the same island? :/

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png

:/ 31) What do you think about being able to say on the priority order of raw materials to be taken to Units when going to pillage a town? :/

:/ 32) What do you think about different details in Town View according to chosen Government Form? :/

:/ 33) What do you think about being able to open multiple windows in Ikariam? :/

:/ 34) Do you have a project to evaluate forest in Town View? :/

:/ 35) What do you think about a building that will increase capacity of Cargo Ship? :/

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png

:/ 36) What do you think about adding a background music to Ikariam? :/

:/ 37) What do you think about voiced notice for finished construction? :/

:/ 38) What do you think about the system choosing a building in town of the loser in war of his/her own town, lowering that building by one level? :/

:/ 39) What do you think about adding a "Surprise Event" such as "Earthquake" to Ikariam that will sometimes let players know that a building (chosen by the system) in town has lowered one level as a result of damage? :/

:/ 40) What do you think about adding a "Surprise Event" such as "Refugee Influx" to Ikariam which will sometimes let players know the enlargement of workers quota for a while? :/

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png

:/ 41) What do you think about adding a "Surprise Event" such as "Festival" to Ikariam that will sometimes make Units and Ships require less upkeep for a while? :/

:/ 42) What do you think about widening army by recruiting Barbarians as hired soldiers? :/

:/ 43) What do you think about being able to send messages to more than one person in Ikariam, provided that "The Five Minutes Rule" applies in case of sending to five people or two times to four people? :/

:/ 44) What do you think about attaching files while sending messages in Ikariam? :/

:/ 45) What do you think about an account that is out of Vacation Mode not being able to use Black Market for the first 48 hours? :/

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png

• A reminder of an old forgotten tip in the code of conduct :)

Now that the two of you have written… :whistling:

(By the way, what did sam2030 write that will be censored?) :/

... we go ahead and ask GameForge:

:/ 46) What do you think about being able to collect tax from occupied town? :/

:/ 47) What do you think about a player not being able to Pirate Raid another player in same alliance? :/

:/ 48) What do you think about "The Five Minute Rule" not working if a player texts for a Cultural Asset Treaty? :/

:/ 49) What do you think about maintenance cost being 1.5x instead of 2 when Ships or Units are sent to an allied town? :/

:/ 50) What do you think about collecting captive Citizens from wars in the way that if the defender loses, the number of Citizens will decrease, and if the attacker loses, the number of Units will decrease? :/

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png

• :/ 1) What do you think about adding different views (day/night or weather) to Ikariam? :/

I think it would be a great change, a great variety. Ikariam nowadays can be boring for some players. But I don't think any of the operators would want to think about it. It can be difficult to apply.

• Chuck "Bee" Bashlick I like the questions you asked, and many of them are also what I want to ask.

I'm glad you liked it. ^^

I think it would be a great change, a great variety. Ikariam nowadays can be boring for some players. But I don't think any of the operators would want to think about it. It can be difficult to apply.

Still, we'd like to hear GameForge's opinion on such things, right? :/

Yeah, since the Ikariam server's time is by Germany time, so on US servers it would be a night view all the day - why not? :P

Why did you say "all the day"? :/ While it is day in the USA, will it not be night in Germany?

For those who are curious, let's take a look. :/

US states with a time difference of 6 hours from Germany are Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia and Washington.

US states with a time difference of 7 hours from Germany are Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin.

US states with a time difference of 8 hours from Germany are Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming.

US states with a time difference of 9 hours from Germany are California, Nevada and Oregon.

US state with a time difference of 10 hours from Germany is Alaska.

US state with a time difference of 11 hours from Germany is Hawaii.

We go ahead and ask GameForge:

:/ 51) What do you think about being able to see players who built Temple from monument on island? :/

:/ 52) What do you think about enlarging the battlefield? :/

:/ 53) What do you think about adding "reducing maintenance costs of Scientists" to the effects of "Scientific Future" (from Future Researches)? :/

:/ 54) What do you think about increasing the amount of raw materials that Barbarian Villages will give? :/

:/ 55) What do you think about removing production-restricting Bandit feature from Barbarians and giving it to Spies? :/

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png