Please have a list of those with temporary bans

• There used to be a list available of those with bans but it quickly became useless because so many with permanent bans were listed. Please start publishing a list of those with temporary bans. Temporary being defined as being before the account is graveyarded. We just had an example of an alliance member being hit with a temporary ban which was misinterpreted by myself as a permanent ban with concomitant actions being taken.

If that's too difficult, how about a message being sent to the Home Secretary of the player's alliance?

• Given that a player's banned status is publicly visible, please reconsider.

Again, something needs to be done to differentiate between a player who has been permanently banned and a player with a temporary ban.

• Again, something needs to be done to differentiate between a player who has been permanently banned and a player with a temporary ban.

Can you clarify why this needs to be done?

A player never is banned without any reason.

If you like to know why an player is banned, you can ask them. They might tell you the reason or a nice story. But that is nothing we will share.

And if you ask myself i would remove the indication about a banned player from the game as well cause of the reasons draxo allready mentioned

lagu-ika_admin.jpg

Sig und Ava made by Butterfly I

• Actually, no, you cannot ask them because they've been banned. Why they've been banned is irrelevant; what is relevant is whether the ban is permanent or temporary.

So please bring back the Pillory for those with temporary bans.

• what is relevant is whether the ban is permanent or temporary.

Not really, as that can change. For example - 'Contact Me' for inappropriate content later will be changed.

And you still haven't provided what would change? Once the player is permanently banned you'll kick him out and then pillage all resources? Sounds like a very 'nice' alliance company there. :)

• And you still haven't provided what would change? Once the player is permanently banned you'll kick him out and then pillage all resources? Sounds like a very 'nice' alliance company there. :)

Being removed from the alliance frees up a Diplomacy Point for the leader.

As for being pillaged, I don't know about you but I'd rather my resources went to my alliance-mates rather than randoms.

• Given that a player's banned status is publicly visible, please reconsider.

Again, something needs to be done to differentiate between a player who has been permanently banned and a player with a temporary ban.

I don't believe they permanently ban players anymore. I believe max sentence is a year even for people who repeatedly violate the terms and conditions of the game.

• It's because gameforge has interests in protecting cheaters because they are the one investing the most money and time in the game.
    If they say clearly "This player is banned for multi account" then they will get shamed and called out by the community and they won't be able to play innocents.
    Since that kind of player only has their own interests i nmind they often lie to thier own teamates too, so their teamate could discover that and ostracise them.

forcing them to get a new ikariam name, potentially ruining their reputation over multiple servers, and also forcing them to make a new discord account and act like new players, losing all their previous glory.

If they can't cheat they can't win so they don't play, if they don't play they can't spend money so it's better for gameforge to keep them in.

You have to realise that a game like ikariam is not making money out of thin air. The game is made so that players who pay win. Period.
    The best thing people can do is stop playing the game, but it's hard to do that when you already spent so much time in the game.
    Since you can't win, ever, you stay quiet and you farm and you don't spend money.
    The big boys keep winning because they spend money, gameforge is dependant on them to keep the game alive.

This is, first, why they often get away with cheating, and why bans cannot be public.

• The big boys keep winning because they spend money, gameforge is dependant on them to keep the game alive.

The rules are the same for all players and cheaters get banned if we can prove they violate the rules, whether they buy ambrosia or not. Period.

Also, I think with this we can put a period to this discussion as well:

No, that list was removed ages ago because that's something between the players and the administration. That's not going to be brought back.