Posts by skyhawk377

Respect is not given. Respect is earned.

Are you going to post any combat reports or you just have diarrhea of the mouth like CHICKENhawk does?

No CR = No respect

Starman

And I'm STILL waiting for you to explain yourself about your niels comment.

The fact is, you run your mouth, and when called out on it, disappear, or run to another thread.

You continue to show yourself a waste of air.

You calling me all the names you like, doesn't matter. Those are your words. And as we've seen, your words have no value.

So, meh...

You made your bed, and now, you're sleeping in it.

If you ever get tired of war, you'll reach out, until then, shrugs.

lol. Sad thing is, I actually DO listen.

I've been wasting a lot of time reading your rants.

case in point, is what I referenced above:

This server doesn't seem to have a 1v1 process due to the YEARS of WLS and Lost bullying their way through. I had to watch VERY closely the 1v1 between chaudaiha and niels. If I had blinked POW DoW. Now that's Diplomatic failure since YOU said as much. The point is there's no winning with you around. This isn't normal on other or past servers. I never saw the harm in 1v1's. I became friends. That's just the way guys are. They duke it out and have a beer. So the problem IS you.

I'm confused by this section of your post, could you elaborate?

I see that chaudaiha is in VNS, but who the heck is niels, and what do they have to do with any of this?

So, care to explain YOUR comments?

Or were you actually just "running your mouth" and making excuses, as it appears.

If you have a genuine concern, let's hear it.

"who the heck is niels, and what do they have to do with any of this?"

This is good stuff, Starman beats his chest and picks on builders, all VNS fighters (if you can call them that) run away....all VNS has done is give me a reason to attack them, farm them....5 GR upgrades later....a true farming alliance...quit while you are ahead Starman, you are getting nowhere......and continue to hurt YOUR alliance with your personal war.....you are by far the bigger problem here, not Vendon......you have been 100% unreasonable anytime anyone speaks with you.....you have a unattainable objective......so good luck

He's clearly not interested in ending the war.

All he does is run his mouth.

I even asked for some basic clarification on something HE said, and he refused to clarify HIS OWN WORDS.

At this point, I'm willing to listen, I guess, but I really don't think he's interested in anything except his own fantasy version of reality.

Well first, terms for peace are negotiated. Second, we're still waiting to hear what Angelduck would like to put forward as terms.

As for "Winning or losing is immaterial" - that's an amazing statement coming from you.

I don't think I need to comment further on that.

I'm still waiting for you to explain your last few sets of assertions. Until then, you're just empty air.

There's no reason to meet any terms if Lost isn't losing.

You're the one whining about the war continuing. If you wanted it over, you'd talk.

You clearly don't, so, as a result of you wanting to be in war, your alliance is getting farmed.

This isn't rocket science, it's a browser game.

Trying to find out if you had a legitimate concern is a "hallucination"?

Shrugs. Ok. If you say so.

I said above that we'd find out if there was any legitimacy to your babblings here.

The answer? Apparently not.

Soooo.

I almost never put people on ignore on the boards.

But at this point, you've now made it clear that you're merely acting as a hot air windbag.

I apologize to you and anyone else for even bothering trying to take your words in anyway as if they were genuine or serious.

Don't bother taking another week trying to figure out to respond this time, I won't be looking for it.

I'll leave you to your game playing, and I'll stop wasting my time.

After all, I have plenty to read on the CRs that continue to come in on how what few members of VNS not in vacation mode, are being farmed,

Regardless of who's war you want to claim it is. You're clearly not winning it.

But hey, you apparently wanted to fight with Lost and WLS. And they clearly are more than happy to oblige.

I've got plenty of popcorn.

Oh and if you are planning on another tour of my towns, I can make 5 more slingers and spearmen for you if I'm around. Or maybe just not waste my time and vacation mode scatter you. 2 days offline doesn't bother me the way it seems to bother you...

You just said a whole lot of words, but most of it doesn't seem related to anything.

I asked about neils, and you haven't responded.

You brought them up like they were important somehow.

So I was asking you to explain so that everyone else - including me - could understand what the heck you are talking about.

I'm sorry, but if you think it's self-evident, it's not.

As of right now, I've tried re-reading your posts for this war to see if I can make any sense out of your reasons for joining in.

Look, if your reason for joining in is because you like to fight, then I can understand that.

But that's not at all what you have been saying. You keep acting like you were dragged into this reluctantly, due to others' actions.

Well, I've been trying to identify those actions.

But all I can get from you is vague arm waving.

At this point, to be blunt. either give a straight answer or kindly shut up.

Because at this point, I think I'm about the last person left who is taking the time to bother to care what you are saying, when I walk, you're pretty much alone.

I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt - even known board trolls (like you have been in the past). I'm not being hyperbolic here. You've long had the reputation of being known as an ikariam board troll through several iterations of these boards. I understand the pompous talk on a game where piracy exists. We see this nonsense on the boards all the time.

But you actually had a few posts where I was actually wondering if there was something in the past which was causing the way you are acting. And thought, maybe it could be talked through.

So here's your one, last chance - please explain.

If you really actually want to see the war ended, then you will. If you don't, well, I guess we'll know that soon enough too.

I'm all ears.

Well, if you're confused, I'm also confused by your response.

My guess is that I'm not understanding the context of your proposal.

As for "picking a number", they did that when they picked 10.

If the limit per server is set to 4, then what I was suggesting was - if you currently had 10 accounts on a server - that you could move the other six to other servers. So no deletion would necessarily be required.

Last time around, when they were going to restrict it to 1 account per server, that meant trying to find 9 new servers to move accounts to. (which could be seen as a challenge when the number of servers is reducing due to merging.) But if the number is set to 4, then that's only needing to find 2 servers to move accounts to. Which, I think, makes a rather big difference

Due to no IP fleet contact, I don't think all of that stuff needs to be on a "master" account.

I think the main issue was ambrosia.

If there was a way to move ambrosia to the lobby, or just have ambrosia to be a pool "shared" by all accounts that are in a particular lobby, I think that that would address the various issues.

Do I want all multis gone? I used to. And in some ways I still do. But, to be fair, I can see the benefit of being a part of two different, but friendly, alliances, for example. Social interaction is one of the many facets of this game. And the server worlds are rather large places. So having a different account on opposite sides of the board, to connect with friends, seems like it could be a positive way to use a multi.

But once you get past a few (2-3-4) on a server, I think it really goes from being a helpful benefit, to just being an opportunity for abuse.

Vendon and June's wars continue!

Starman

If they are "Vendon and June's wars", then just stop interacting with them.

If you don't want to have a war, then don't.

It takes two to tango.

June has said repeatedly that the attacks on VNS will stop once you decide to stop warring.

So, at the moment, YOU are the problem for your alliance.

Not June, not Vendon, not even godfather.

You.

So take accountability for your own actions.

I mean, if you know how...

I think if they were to reduce the number of legal multis, they need to find an alternative to repopulating servers than merging them. If people have 2-3 accounts per server across 5 or 6 servers and suddenly they have to drop down to 4, that's still forcing a lot of accounts to be deleted. :(

Not if they allow them to move accounts to other servers for free, as I think I remember that they initially were going to do when they announced it last time, before they changed their collective minds.

IMO GF f'ed up when they changed the island gods and didn't give everyone free relocations, I remember even bringing this up and got immediately shot down because they wont' accept any suggestions that and I quote "give ambrosia benefits or circumvent hard work"

I was told to pay for relocations or destroy the towns and rebuild them somewhere else...

If you want my advice? abandon the account.. let it ghost.. come back in a month or 6 weeks or what ever it is and then you'll be able to move from teh ghost server to a new server or your old one and relocate your towns.

Those two comments are ironic. On one hand, they don't want people to be able to move their town, on the other hand, people can by just giving up 30 days (or so) of activity.

So really, all gameforge is doing is shooting themselves in the foot by losing 30 days of activity from a player, for something they should have given for free with the server merge to EVERYONE (those incoming and those already in the target server).

Instead, everyone got screwed. Those already there didn't move, so the incoming players had fewer "good" options. and while those incoming got to move wherever they wanted, the oldbies couldn't change islands to take advantage of the (several times now) wonder changes.

I agree that it's time to look into server merges again. (And along with it, multi-accounts). The complaints about about finding people to pillage or trade with are well-founded. As, I think gameforge is likely aware.

And activity is deceptive. The multi-accounting situation has gotten way out of hand. Even if they want to keep multi, please cut it back from 10 per server (4 seems more than reasonable) - even if each account only places a single town on an island, that's over half of an island! Kinda hard to trade with people if they've taken over whole island chains. Yes, occupation and pillaging is an option, but it really shouldn't be as bad as it is, and again, distance can be a real issue..

I also hope that this time, they sort things out with fewer bumps in the road (like the not-ghosting-out issue that seems to happen everytime they do a merge, and then "rediscover" that it's a problem. I hope they well-documented it the last time around : )

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next round of server merges. Here's to you 2024 : )

This server doesn't seem to have a 1v1 process due to the YEARS of WLS and Lost bullying their way through. I had to watch VERY closely the 1v1 between chaudaiha and niels. If I had blinked POW DoW. Now that's Diplomatic failure since YOU said as much. The point is there's no winning with you around. This isn't normal on other or past servers. I never saw the harm in 1v1's. I became friends. That's just the way guys are. They duke it out and have a beer. So the problem IS you.

I'm confused by this section of your post, could you elaborate?

I see that chaudaiha is in VNS, but who the heck is niels, and what do they have to do with any of this?

Hi Godfather,

In case you were unaware, my name in game is "Skyhawk".

I hold the post of Lost Diplomat, and, as June recently reminded me, have done so for over 10 years now.

For longer than you've been on this server.

For longer than this version of the Ikariam boards have existed.

So perhaps you are unaware of some very simple truths on the alpha server:

a.) June Barcarolle is very respected. Bar none.

I don't say that lightly.

There was a vote for server representative. And June won that vote hands down.

She has a reputation for honesty and straight-dealing.

So you have to understand that when you or others try to call her a liar, others on the alpha server just roll their eyes.

June is also one of the best diplomats bar none.

That you don't want to deal with her says more about you than about her.

b.) While Ikariam is many things, including allowing for battle; and while 1:1 between two similar levelled players is the typical norm on Ikariam; most alliances frown upon individuals who repeatedly prey on those of far lower score than them. Or in other ways to bully people.

It's just bad for the game.

If you chase people from the Ikariam game, the game dies. It's just that simple.

So a short term win, is a long term fail.

Your antics over the last few years have not been a positive for the server.

So continuing such antics is going to likely bring us to this situation again and again.

c.) As Diplomat of Lost I talk to a LOT of people on server. My focus is to build friendships and alliances.

In all things that I do, I keep my Leader (June) informed, and do what I can to work closely with our leadership, and when asked, the leadership of other alliances.

Again, I believe that when people come together, they can often work out their differences.

d.) Drawing lines in the sand, or dictating unilateral terms is not "coming together".

Whether you like it or not, Lost (and WLS) are winning this "war".

If anyone is in a position to make demands, they are.

Yet, June has not made demands, and instead has offered an olive branch to allow a way forward for peace. These are not difficult terms. They are actually quite mild.

If you would like a new posting of what they are, we'd be happy to, and to talk with you about them.

e.) So if you want to talk this out, as Lost's diplomat, I'm all ears.

If you don't, that's your choice.

And in the meantime, though we didn't start this phrase (Starman did), it's become the new catchphrase of this war:

War continues.

Persuant to the aforementioned hunt skyhawk was a noshow except for the all too familiar

22.12.2023 2:32 Skyhawk's miracle 'Colossus' has been activated.

AND according to Vendon's rules he RAN!!! I will now call him CHICKENhawk. Funny his bodyguard Anarchy let him burn!

lol

I already posted about this in the CRs thread:

VNS vs Lost WLS VIP CRs

Oh, and incidentally, take a look at the CR for the Colossus. How many actual troops of yours got scattered? almost none? Do you think maybe that was intentional? lol And here's the fun part: I don't even have a Colossus town : )

In any case, you still had thousands of ships and troops wandering around my towns. And I continued to keep building the 5 slingers and 5 spears for you to fight. And even now, you still have 2 of my town's ports blocked.

So obviously the fear is palpable. lol

And as you can see in the CR below, Anarchy added a single troop to each town. No reason that they couldn't watch you make a fool of yourself too, first hand.

Anyway, in case you are having it difficult to click a link, here ya go:

Ok, so it's been an interesting day.

Early in the morning, Starman decided to pay one of my towns a visit (that's the first CR listed below).

That was the only CR he pillaged anything.

But since he was enjoying the wine, we thought we'd give him a tour.

He has continued to go after my towns attacking token forces of 10 PWRs and 5 Rams, or of 5 slingers and 5 spears.

He has alternated between attacking and occupation.

it's been fun just rebuilding the token 5 and 5 slingers and spears for him.

I guess he is SO desperate for offensive points, he's willing to spend an entire day to get them a few at a time.

I have I think 18 CRs so far, but the second one below was fun. With most of them, the 5 and 5 guys killed 10 hoplites, but in that one, they took out 12 : )

And yes, that's right, he gets to lose a token amount of sulphur to go along with a day's worth of gold for these forces. Almost 4k troops and almost 7k ships. It's just a joke. People from several alliances have been watching this with me all day and just laughing at him.

But then, this war's been ridiculous. he's doing this, while his alliance is getting farmed.

I just received another diplomatic message a few minutes ago that ANOTHER member of his alliance is quitting his alliance and asking us to stop, please.

Him joining this war clearly hasn't been a positive for him or his alliance.

Oh anyway, the last CR below, I thought I'd hit the colossus for fun. it only scattered a few of his troops, but he started moving them around again. So I get to watch my slingers and spears kill a few more hoplites : )

By the way, the technical term for all of this is BAIT.

I hope you all have a great holiday season : )

---------

Battle for Marble 1

(21.12.2023 14:19:04)

Starman[VNS] from 10 Hifonics

vs

Anarchy[Lost] from Green Day, Skyhawk[Lost] from Marble 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoplite..............................788(-12) - Hoplite.................................0(-5)

............................................. - Wall....................................2(-5)

............................................. - Spearman................................0(-1)

Sulphur Carabineer.....................84(-0) - .............................................

Swordsman.............................600(-0) - .............................................

Gyrocopter.............................90(-0) - .............................................

Battering Ram..........................30(-0) - .............................................

Mortar.................................40(-0) - .............................................

Doctor.................................10(-0) - .............................................

Cook...................................20(-0) - .............................................

Balloon-Bombardier.....................30(-0) - .............................................

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generals................................-16.8 - Generals.................................-7.6

Offensive points...........................19 - Defence points.............................42

Damage Received...........................840 - Damage Received...........................380

Damage Percent............................68% - Damage Percent............................32%

Winners: Starman[VNS]

Losers: Skyhawk[Lost], Anarchy[Lost]

The town Marble 1 has been pillaged by Starman[VNS]. The following resources have been stolen: 49,981 Wine, 18 Marble

Starman[VNS]'s miracle 'Hephaestus’ Forge' has been activated. (21.12.2023 13:49:04)

Starman[VNS]'s miracle 'Hephaestus’ Forge' has been activated. (21.12.2023 14:02:50)

Starman[VNS]'s miracle 'Hephaestus’ Forge' has been activated. (21.12.2023 14:19:04)

The attackers won the battle because they penetrated the wall and because the defenders did not have any units on site to close the breach.

----------

Battle for Marble 2

(21.12.2023 15:41:19)

Starman[VNS] from 10 Hifonics

vs

Anarchy[Lost] from Green Day, Skyhawk[Lost] from Marble 2

Hoplite..............................788(-12) - Hoplite.................................0(-5)

............................................. - Wall....................................2(-5)

............................................. - Spearman................................0(-1)

Sulphur Carabineer.....................84(-0) - .............................................

Swordsman.............................600(-0) - .............................................

Gyrocopter.............................90(-0) - .............................................

Battering Ram..........................30(-0) - .............................................

Mortar.................................40(-0) - .............................................

Doctor.................................10(-0) - .............................................

Cook...................................20(-0) - .............................................

Balloon-Bombardier.....................30(-0) - .............................................

Generals................................-16.8 - Generals.................................-7.6

Offensive points...........................19 - Defence points.............................42

Damage Received...........................840 - Damage Received...........................380

Damage Percent............................68% - Damage Percent............................32%

Winners: Starman[VNS]

Losers: Skyhawk[Lost], Anarchy[Lost]

Starman[VNS]'s miracle 'Hephaestus’ Forge' has been activated. (21.12.2023 15:11:19)

Starman[VNS]'s miracle 'Hephaestus’ Forge' has been activated. (21.12.2023 15:11:38)

Starman[VNS]'s miracle 'Hephaestus’ Forge' has been activated. (21.12.2023 15:41:19)

The attackers won the battle because they penetrated the wall and because the defenders did not have any units on site to close the breach.

---------

Battle for M Wing 2

(22.12.2023 2:42:54)

Starman[VNS] from M Wing 1

vs

Skyhawk[Lost] from M Wing 2

............................................. - Slinger.................................9(-0)

............................................. - Spearman...............................10(-0)

............................................. - Wall....................................6(-1)

............................................. - .............................................

............................................. - .............................................

Hoplite.................................0(-6) - .............................................

Generals.................................-8.4 - Generals....................................0

Offensive points............................0 - Defence points.............................21

Damage Received...........................420 - Damage Received.............................0

Damage Percent...........................100% - Damage Percent.............................0%

Winners: Skyhawk[Lost]

Losers: Starman[VNS]

19 units from Skyhawk[Lost] are protecting the town of M Wing 2.

Starman[VNS]'s miracle 'Hephaestus’ Forge' has been activated. (22.12.2023 2:27:54)

Skyhawk[Lost]'s miracle 'Colossus' has been activated. (22.12.2023 2:32:22)

Trolling? lol

Apparently that must be the way you see the boards. I wonder if you ever re-read your own posts.

Speaking of re-reading, feel free to go re-read mine in this thread. My comments are there, pointing out how ridiculous this all looks - because it does,

Bottom line, you're either buying the lies, or you're subservient to a few others and don't have the strength to act on your own, or you're enjoying dragging your alliance through this for your own benefit.

What ever the case, due to whichever reason above, your alliance is getting farmed. I don't need to post CRs for this - many many others have already.

We'll continue to watch godfather go after people when they are offline and then run when they come online. And we'll continue to watch vns and mafia towns get farmed. Because honestly, as it stands right now, it appears that you are completely impotent in regards to either side in this.

which makes you pretty much just hot air on the boards.

feel free to call me a troll - but I'm also not wrong.

Nice thing about having facts on my side - I don't have to lie or cover-up.

Oh, and everyone at Lost thanks you for our new catch-phrase: "War continues"

Happy gaming : )

Still waiting for you to discuss.

You can stand there and stomp your foot like Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka, but that doesn't mean that others need to capitulate.

If you want peace, then act like it and discuss.

But if you just want to be pompous, childish, and vainglorious, then by all means continue to spout the nonsense that you are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…t_(character)#Veruca_Salt