Posts by Ratchet

Is there anyway you guys can at least run your script to get rid of the inactives and banned players to the Temp server ? right now, it's a bit pointless to do the merge when those inactive and banned accounts are taking up the space where some of us are planning to move. totally limits what we can do.

thank you

.....so we can all go back to our regularly scheduled game.

I completely agree with this statement.. these commercials just keep getting longer and longer. sheesh !!

But, I am able to give credit when credit is due, and given how harsh some of us have been on GF (yup especially me lol), I read the updated news and I was pleasantly surprised that they had addressed some questions I posed earlier. Seeing that the festival will be pushed based on when the end date will be, and the end date will also be pushed based on when this is fixed, is a big relief. I am certainly impressed, and man enough to apologize when that credit is due.

But they also added the Premium thing, which was unexpected. Honestly, i did not think they would even do anything at all, and I am sure there are some who wished they did more. but the 10 day premium is a very nice touch, and very much appreciated.

So, GF, while you are not entirely forgiven, and there are still many pressing issues to deal with, thank you for at least being professional enough to address important issues, and to gift everyone. And of course, i will say sorry for some of the comments I made at least... just not right now since this isn't over yet ;p

LOL

Ratchet's Diary

Day 1185 - The Islands of Eirene

I am beginning to wonder if it was real, or just a hallucination.

After being stranded for so long on these islands, with hardly any food or water, that light i saw in the distance 8 days ago, seemed so real and inviting at the time. But it disappeared and soon replaced with a thick, heavy mist.

Each time I have tried to leave, and head into the mist, I always end up back at the island. I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Every day is the same thing. I have run out of food and wine, it's been days since i had anything solid to eat. And now I feel like I am totally losing my mind.. as Ghost Towns have begin to appear on my island. Out of nowhere.. several of them at various locations on the islands. I fell asleep a few nights ago and woke up only to find those towns here and all seemingly empty..

I'm scared, I will admit this gladly, and with no one to hold me, I am not brave enough to get too close to these ghost towns.

I hate the mist... I want to see that warm inviting light once more, but, it seems so long ago since I saw it. A mirage most likely...

I don't know how much longer I will last. Without any real sustenance, I await my eventual demise.

I wish I could see my friends again, just one more time..

Ratchet

Guess you're one of those "entitled" people who doesn't "get" what the US server players are going through. Try learning a bit of "empathy" or even some "understanding", if that is even possible for you.

So please, go troll somewhere else if you're going to be ignorant. you certainly need to apologize to her for being disrespectful, at the very least.

I find it slightly disrespectful and unprofessional that GF takes a weekend off while US servers are in such disarray. meanwhile, form what i know, players from other countries can pile into the US servers, which should not be happening at all, given that US server merging is at a standstill and no one can do anything.

Why was there no rollback on this and postponement ?

There should have been.

And here is a valid question as well. US target servers have the the special bonuses which was supposed to be for 14 days of the transfer period. YET. US player can't transfer right now. we have lost 5 days, and who knows how many days by the time GF actually fixes their mess..SO will GF reset that 14 day bonus as well as the 2 week grace period once they do get off their behinds and fix this ???

or will simply be ignorant and go "whatever it's fixed you can merge now" and do NOTHING to compensate the US players they have (deliberately) inconvenienced and impacted. And i say deliberately, because, while we wait for them to fix the mess they created, they're at home having a nice weekend doing NOTING to fix it..

It shows how much GF really cares about us, the players... or is it just they don't like the players on the US Servers... because right now, that is what it looks like...

Sending a ticket on a global issue is a waste of time and resources. period.

it's a global issue, there is a bug logged on the forum, from that point, if proper procedures are followed from the IT world, then the staff should have relayed this to the devs, and the devs should be working with the QA to test the fixes before they come back to the staff who will then update the thread in the bug section with the good news....very simple right ?

however.. this is GF... who seem to think that it's a great idea to mass flood the ticket system for every single person and all their accounts for something that isn't only happening to them but everyone else. ie global issue...

this has gone far beyond simply being a joke... it's an embarrassment. the players ? we're the jokes here... and GF is laughing real hard right now.....

GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER NOW GF !!!!

Eirene and Eunomia accounts, for anyone i know, cannot transfer to NY. When we try, we get "alliance name already exists" or "player name exists", even when there is none on NY at all, NOR the account being in an alliance.

Currently dozens of friends and players i know having this issue and we are all stuck in limbo waiting since this morning

Sorry, but, that's not my job, that's not any players job. that's staff's job. it's called communication. try it.

and for your last comment, good to know that someone who is supposed to be a staff and objective, as well as representing the people in this community, actually thinks this way. My friends and i, as well as other players I know, really feel secure knowing we are represented properly and fairly (sarcasm.).

And yes, I did forward an email to GF directly. Better to go to the source than in here now that i know how reliable the communication here is.

Thanks.

Then contact your GA/CoMa? How else you suggesting to solve the issue?

riiiiight, so that's suddenly my job... thanks you basically confirmed everything i have said as being true, and moreover, that there is ZERO communication by your guys and GF...

may as well email GF directly then.. since anyone saying anything in here is just wasting their time.

i was referring to the US servers, but thank you for clarifying this. But really, you accidentally added a new concern now. Since the US servers still haven't received that message even as of this morning, and the other worlds have gotten them.. and given that apparently specific staff are responsible for each world community, meaning that the one responsible for the US servers hasn't done their job at all.. how can anyone have any faith that their tickets for the IP share that everyone is supposed to redo after the merge, is going to be looked at and taken care of ?

You have to blame their GA and/or CoMa who do not their job properly.

Blaming someone for not doing their job, doesn't resolve the current problem, nor give any players from the US servers any reassurances, though, does it ?

i was referring to the US servers, but thank you for clarifying this. But really, you accidentally added a new concern now. Since the US servers still haven't received that message even as of this morning, and the other worlds have gotten them.. and given that apparently specific staff are responsible for each world community, meaning that the one responsible for the US servers hasn't done their job at all.. how can anyone have any faith that their tickets for the IP share that everyone is supposed to redo after the merge, is going to be looked at and taken care of ?

yeah... this mess just got a whole lot worse..

Realistically speaking here, given what's going on with the current merger, there is no way I'd support this because GF would just screw it up as bad as they're doing right now anyway. I have zero confidence in them right now. Maybe if they start managing their games and caring more about their clients and gamers, this could be viable and fun, but not right now. They need to prove themselves to be competent at this point in time..

The more I think about all of this, the angrier i get, and for many reasons. First thought, I'll share a little something for the players to enjoy, because, as we all know, the probability that this is what happened on GF's end, is accurate lol.

Simulated GF meeting on the US server mergers:

Boss: OK, let's start the meeting about what we're going to do with Ikariam. any suggestions ?

Staff: let's just dump them all into Alpha, beta and NY.

Boss: Easy and simple. I like that. Sounds like a plan. Let's do it. Ok guys thanks for showing up today, let's break for lunch.

heh...

As for GF, hopefully someone will read this or a board admin will pass this on to share, who knows, but here is what SHOULD have happened..

There should have been a more in-depth assessment on the state of every server, taking into account the number of players on each server, the average TS, and so on. And then from there, picked one of the newer server as a middle ground for the other servers, to add to the 3 other target servers, using the new maps and keeping the server bonuses. This way newer accounts would not be dumped into an existing server where the average TS is over-powered compared to the newer servers.

That's just asking for trouble, and will eventually lead to players quitting the game because they're getting creamed and picked on by these over-powered players and alliances (Alpha and Beta players are for the most part, good players and good people, but i hear different from NY, for example).

The merger and maintenance should have been planned to be pushes AFTER the current piracy round, and not days before the end of it. Like seriously, how stupid is it to do that to players who play piracy (i don't play it personally, i most feed friends). And I know people who play it seriously and are in for a major major shock after the merger happens. I can guarantee you within a month, GF will see a major drop in population after the merger once this happens. Another consequence of their lack of planning and consideration for players obviously.

The fact that players with accounts on the target servers are not being given the same courteousy to have the opportunity to also move the accounts to other servers, is ridiculously unfair, and insulting. And I am sure there are players on other servers and worlds who will also agree with me on this.

Throwing players into a target world with the new maps and without the server bonuses is also adding a nail to the coffin of this game. I know a lot of people who joined the newer servers as a result of these bonuses, and right now, the talk out there is that many are not happy about this at all. Really shows how out of touch GF is with their client base, and how much thought actually went into this merger.

Let's not forget the multi issue. Why are they not documenting existing accounts which are already linked via the IP function on the target server, and only requesting that players with accounts moving to the target servers with multi's log tickets to link the IP, is beyond me. It's really inefficient and will only create a massive workload to the GO's, and staff to sort through hundreds if not thousands of tickets otherwise. Doing this properly as i suggested would alleviate that workload and stress on the staff considerably. Not to mention, would lower the chances of mistakes being made tremendously.

There are still to many questions and concerns out there from players which have not been addressed or even considered,and i have proof of this, since no staff from the forum or from GF have even replied or addressed anything in days from this thread at all. As far as i am concerned, anything being said here is not even being seen or shared with GF at all. Reinforcing the fact the GF doesn't even care, not even on the consequences of the merger on the player base (you know, the people who support them in the first place..)

My other proof ? Well, no messages have been sent in-game to anyone from GF about the merger.. still...

I know I am wasting my time writing this, fully aware of it really. But one can hope that maybe, just maybe, someone will actually "care" and read this thread and our comments over at Gameforge, or that Board admin will let them know that there are major concerns and the merger needs to be re-thought and planned better before being implemented into an even bigger mess than it currently is. Maybe, just, maybe GF will care and give us a 12th hour reprieve on this and do this right..

Well like I said, one can hope, but realistically, I know it won't happen. Been here too long, that I know exactly what to expect from GF anyway.

But still, one can hope right ? (yeah.. and monkey will fly out of my butt lol)

I really can't keep up with all the answers and quick responses GF is providing to our comments and questio... oh wait.. they're not. Well, at least i'll give them credit for keeping to their reputation they've worked so hard to achieve over the years (pretty sure most players will know what this means lol).

Remember Aion? Why are you surprised 🤣

LOL who says i am surprised ;p

surprised would have been if GF would have been organized, thoughtful, thorough and efficient for once.. now THAT would have been a surprise LOL

I really can't keep up with all the answers and quick responses GF is providing to our comments and questio... oh wait.. they're not. Well, at least i'll give them credit for keeping to their reputation they've worked so hard to achieve over the years (pretty sure most players will know what this means lol).

Just thinking about the US mergers..

Since all the new servers are used to the "new" world maps, and that Beta / Alpha is using the "old" maps, I can pretty assume everyone will be gangbanging it to NY, since GF did not have the foresight to have 4 servers instead of 3, with 2 using the new maps... This is going to be an even bigger mess than I originally thought.

A lot of things were not done properly or thoroughly thought out here, and all anyone needs to do is look at the fact that no in-game messages was sent on any server to all players.. and still haven't been done even as of this morning.. a lot of questions are not answered even now, and scenarios have not even been taken into account either.

This whole merger situation is getting more and more stupid by the minute, but then again, i am not surprised either, as, after 10+ years here, I pretty much expect stupid from GF at this point.