Posts by The crow

So this is what I am seeing the last 2 days. New inactives which are plenty on beta are being deleted/ghosted yet all the old ghost accounts are still there.

Beta server after being over run by a group of multi accounters now has a huge evacuation rate on the server and i lose 2 cultural treaties a day the last 3 days.

The old accounts are still all there. The spots that are open are very quickly scooped up by multi's and some guys have dozens of them.

Judging by the people v.modeing because the games unplayable now on beta there will be more spots open if your fast.

I've just seen a couple of Inactive purged on Beta but these are players who have recently become inactive rather than players who had been de-ghosted.

Yup, had a few go today from our alliance that went inactive about 2 months ago, came back 2 weeks ago in v.mode and are now gone.

Spots were taken instantly by enemy mobes. lol!

Like Draxo have you ever even seen beta server? it's a mess of dozens of illegal multis trying to kill it and their doing a good job because the go's are not.

Pretty sad after 14 years of playing this to see this amount of cheating bring a whole server down.

The inactives are the least of your problem's.

Any idea when they will merge beta to a new server?

I give it a month and it's toast.

I like the fact that old inactive or v.mode players are still on the islands because anytime a spot comes open one of the many PGA alliance members use their dozens of multis to try nerf your miracle or a spot to move an ambro town in that they bought for 150 Euros as thats the going price in Iran right now allthough I heard some accounts go as high as 300 Euros.

Now before one of you mods bans me for posting exploits im not,i'm posting what is happening right now on beta server. 2/3rds of my alliance is v.mode because you cant stop being pillaged by guys with half a million gen scores and a lot are just deleting their accounts because the game as it stands right now is unplayable period for anyone but someone who has fought for 14 years in this game and wants to do whats right for the server.

To do it honestly is hard work but is achievable but for the love of god is there a GO that can look in to this before the whole server is totally wiped out?

Draxo...tickets are not even answered.

Heres what a typical CR has looked like on beta since the merge.

583 rounds and ongoing.

I have 183 other cr's that show what has happened since this merge that the dev's are supposedly "working" on.

So I thing the inactives not being taken off islands is the least of this games problems.

Try fighting 5 guys with a half million gens that are intent on taking the server beta down and all the honest players on it and anyone on beta knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Chuck/Zig/Crow.

Battle for iran

(13.04.2022 22:08:55)

Chuck Norris[LAW] from LAW-Soy Grapes, Defrost mode, Simpson[LAW] from Defrost mode, Deliverance[RAK] from Defrost mode, My KAwaii GiRL

vs

MaMad[P G A] from 大卅09 卅大, iran, s a l a r[P G A] from Mohammad2008, javad[P G A] from 5____40-80, shok----kazem_n[P G A] from iran, M------10be, Defrost mode, My KAwaii GiRL, IRAN5 k, 大卅09 卅大, 1____45-74, Mos Eisley - W, Neptune, Y A G H I[P G A] from Jαяуαи σмεgα Ω, Mohammad2008, 大卅09 卅大, canadian free, 5____40-80

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sulphur Carabineer..................2067(-37) - Sulphur Carabineer...................454(-57)

Swordsman.......................10944(-67785) - Swordsman........................4214(-67916)

Hoplite..........................6156(-91204) - Hoplite..........................3633(-86969)

Steam Giant...........................200(-0) - Steam Giant...........................0(-674)

Gyrocopter.......................1060(-19384) - Gyrocopter.......................1904(-15578)

Battering Ram.......................593(-219) - Battering Ram.........................36(-10)

............................................. - Catapult................................4(-2)

Doctor.................................57(-0) - Doctor..................................9(-0)

Cook..................................349(-0) - Cook..................................325(-0)

Balloon-Bombardier....................0(-135) - Balloon-Bombardier...................0(-1355)

Mortar.................................0(-60) - Mortar................................33(-16)

Spearman................................1(-0) - Spearman..............................42(-18)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generals............................-261242.2 - Generals............................-255039.8

Offensive points.....................637599.5 - Defence points.......................653105.5

Damage Received......................13062110 - Damage Received......................12751990

Damage Percent............................50% - Damage Percent............................50%

Ooh! I've just spotted a couple of inactives on Beta switch to Vacation Mode. Some, e.g. Toque and HD2, are in a normal vacation mode (though the player hasn't played in years and had been ghosted) with town names in black text and a palm tree, whereas others, e.g. Loopline, are in a combination of Inactive and Vacation Mode, with grey text and a palm tree.

I have members that have been gone for years show up as inactive and now are v.mode. With the abuse of multi accounts taking place now beta will not last long anyways.

Your on beta so you know what I mean.

Probably basic and source code for the game is just HTML and you can see the source code by right clicking anywhere on the page and viewing the HTML code via page source on the drop down menu.

Do you really think that in that way you see even half of the real code or used languages in browser games?

You can see all the links to the index files where the rest of the HTML is so yes. Hypertext markup language is the language of the internet.

The whole world uses it.

Well, in theory it looks fine but

Hehehe! You're absolutely correct. There's a huge difference between theory and practice, and I have no knowledge of the code, data structures, infrastructure, etc that make Ikariam work. Plus the code would likely be in German, which I do not speak.

Probably basic and source code for the game is just HTML and you can see the source code by right clicking anywhere on the page and viewing the HTML code via page source on the drop down menu.

I've seen players that were inactive for a long time that now are on V mode, with only total score showing but 0 at all other category's... what does that mean ??

Banned. Type the name in the high score search bar and you will see a red X

Yup,tickets are not answered anymore either. Dont complain or they will ban you.

Please stop to spread your lies.

I can't attack the inactive player because they are empty

And you are no alone. The initial hope/plan was to get someone to fix it this week which didn't happen. Let's see how it goes next week.

a developer is working on it is not exactly an answer after 2 months. You deleted my town it took over a year to build so pretty serious stuff.

Worse yet an inactive took my spot on the island. I can put more tickets in if you think that's the way.

I think the technicians aren't doing anything because it doesn't take an engineer to fix this problem, Three mounth are too much

Evidently they have an interest in maintaining this situation against the active players.

Yup,tickets are not answered anymore either. Dont complain or they will ban you.

[mod='Kikoguns']Warned for trolling[/mod]

Here's what Beta server looks like and why I say if you dont fix these problems the game is dead.

One of my members just logged-in and the welcome screen said 18 users on line.

heh heh! Nothing to see here folks. Like I said the games unplayable but i guess you wont believe me untill beta is totally dead.

You got your wish...it's dead Jim.

18 players are not going to pay the bills.

you know all a GO has to do is check out troop and fleet movements and trades and when you see an account that does this for weeks in a row you know it's not one guy playing the account.

That's great to have a guy who can see what happens behind the monitor of other people, I wish I had such skills too!

i'm pretty sure the game operators have the tools to do that.

Anyways the whole games done if this is not addressed.

Just ask everyone on beta.

7 to 8 weeks most have been sieged now with the help of guys playing a dozen or more account's each.

This is not just my alliance,this is all of them and they cleary said their intention is to take down the server.

You TELL me how i'm supposed to fight someone with a million point generals score.

Are you implying that this is the way the game was intended to be played?

[mod='Kikoguns']User banned for reporting severe game exploits. Please use the proper channels to report game violations[/mod]

you know all a GO has to do is check out troop and fleet movements and trades and when you see an account that does this for weeks in a row you know it's not one guy playing the account. This is what we go through on beta and why most alliances have been v.moded for close to a month now.The next merge will be beta to another one the way its going since the last merge. Totally unplayable for the people this game was intended for and they way it was intended to be played.

My apologies, but no matter if you are paying or not - this is the only reply you will get until they have some more info about when this will be fixed.

And if you think that a game like Ikariam can be coded in two months - please avoid of posting about things you know less than zero about.

I was reading and writing code on my pentium2. Thats about 30 plus years ago.

pascal,basic,html. you name it.

it's not rocket science.

I would love a crack at the source code for this game. Would fix a lot of problems in about an hour.

[mod='badidol']I've had just about enough of your "I would do it better". Then apply, get hired and do it better. Otherwise, this is just spam, bordering on flame. Especially in the way you keep phrasing it. Stop it. Told you more than once.[/mod]

The crow

For your issue please use your own (previously created) ticket instead of spamming in non-related bug topics.

I did that.....crickets

so anyways beta server gained 144 inactives this week alone.

Thats 144 players that took up all the last open spots.

it's getting close to 2 months now so it probably took less time to code this game.

So dont be offended if the paying customers want a better answer then the "devs" are working on it.

Hello again. It's been 7 days since the inactive players turned into vacation mode. Still, those towns are there. May you please tell us what is going on?

Yeah, it seems the process of removing inactive players is still broken at some point and for some reasons the transferred accounts do not get deleted even after 7 days in vacation mode. Since this is affecting the new global server very much (it is full for more than a week and new players cannot register nor move the accounts), this has bene escalated and reminded, and... yeah, we need to wait until they check and fix again.

You mean the developers are working on it? Thats what I get told on my tickets regarding my town getting deleted because of a returning ghost player. I dont have much faith in the devs doing anything and to rebuild my town will take well over a year and lots of ambro. Any chance of a refund?

Or did the game just kick me in the teeth again?

I would also like to say this as i will probably get banned again anyways but I am ukranian and the thought that i will be disciplined for naming one of my towns after the town my mom was born at is beyond being "woke".

Many of my alliance members have quit the game in disgust over this and I may follow as it's unplayable now anyways *snip*

Beta server will be the first victim and word is they have allready migrated to the new server so take my advice folks. Dont waste your time untill the game operators start doing their job.

[mod='Kikoguns']Please go to proper channels for your reports[/mod]

Nothings fixed,beta still has ghosts appearing and one even took my town spot which deleted my town which was at level 35 and took a year to build. Opening a ticket was a waste of time as all they keep saying is the developers are working on it.

The games toast.*snip*

too bad they keep closing these threads instead of actuallly looking in to solving this problem.

[mod='Kikoguns']Final Warning: Reporting severe game exploits are done in game and through game tickets[/mod]