Posts by Rstar57

Currently I see only you and a few others who are running around the forum and whining about unfair play, while I know multiple times more players who are not affected or who will adapt and continue to play. It's not possible to satisfy everyone, time to understand it. Some will go, some new will join.

If you prefer to delete your account instead of merge - your choice. But this is a business running, and opening new servers will always bring much more incomes than anything else.

I totally agree with your statement about new servers being big income providers. but it would have been a lot more courteous and professional to let the Zelos.us players know that their 40 day server was going to be merged to 11 year servers without having an option to merge to Zephyros.

Just a warning to any new players especially on the new server DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT BUY AMBROSIA.

GF will merge your server and the money you spent will be wasted.

GF thinks that there is no problem merging a 40 day old server into a server that is at best 11 years old.

Then the MODs will say you are whining if you voice disagreement.

They tell you if your good enough you can compete with accounts that are at 36,000,000 pts.

If you are gonna spend money on a game go anywhere but a GF game:thumbdown:

Probably more to try and breath life into dying servers. Open new server merge in 3 months, rinse, repeat.

They know that new server brings in new cash. then feed them to the big dogs.

Did they really think that a 3 month server could compete with a 11 yr server?

I only have 58,300,000 to go to get back to where I was in Zelos

why you cant compete? attack players around your score, dont need to go after the top 1

To be honest probably not, but then I wouldn't expect a 1100 pt player to compete with me.

and most of the big dogs have had 11+ years to build their accounts, we from Zelos have had not quite 4 months

I know it's whiny but I've played this on and off for 12 years, got back in at start of Zelos and decided to by some ambrosia for 2 reasons.

1. On new server can be very beneficial getting you toward the top.

2. Figured I would support the Dev's and not leech off a free game. "Nothing is Free"

At age 61 probably be dead by time I can get back to top 10 ^^

Probably more to try and breath life into dying servers. Open new server merge in 3 months, rinse, repeat.

They know that new server brings in new cash. then feed them to the big dogs.

Did they really think that a 3 month server could compete with a 11 yr server?

I only have 58,300,000 to go to get back to where I was in Zelos

Wow am so happy that I was able to merge to NY.

Went from 4th in Zelos to 1743th here in NY, then again they only had 11yrs of building to my 40 days.

Thank you so much GF for closing a 40 day server, and opening a new one.

Why didn't you merge the Alpha a Beta servers?

Ya.. uh... anyway, I have a question.

Can you tell us what # of development staff are full time dedicated to only Ikariam?

Curious what the team size is, or is the Dev team spread across all GF games on a "as needed" basis.

Without going into too much detail: in general there is usually one "Ikariam dev" and a bunch of "if more manpower is needed we'll pull from this pool" pool of devs. That does the trick in 99% of the cases. We just hit that stupid 1% where it doesn't.

Looks like this answer belongs in the soft merge Disaster thread.

I am sorry about asking for any news update. That One poor dev must be busier than a one armed man in a wallpaper hanging contest.

Are you familiar with the fact this game happens in real time?

Wars or other activities don't stop just because is doesn't fit someone's schedule. This includes sleep.

The game doesn't take weekends off either.

So what? Should it be a reason for devs to not sleep and take holidays anymore just to satisfy your online needs?

Guess I wouldn't plan a merge around the devs holiday's.

Also would make sure I had the proper resources in place prior to doing the merge, (including proper workforce).

Can you only buy Ambrosia during normal business hrs?

I wouldn't be whining so much if you didn't take down a 3 month server and then immediately open a new one.

*I know that new servers have been in the works for "Years"