Posts by Rastan

Ya I mean the benefit of friends is you can see each other online and get research points when they research something and gold when they found a colony.

Im pretty selective who I put on my friends list though.. while others just want to fill it up asap.. it's up to you.

first off.. do the tutorial, not only do you get goods but also some ambrosia

make sure you get a town of each resource type, try to keep them close together, focus on forge, posieden, and colossus islands as those are the best wonders to have depending on your playstyle.. posiden is probably the most universally useful one.

msg every player in your island chain and introduce your self, ask them for tips in game.. this established a relationship with your neighbors which will be important esp early on.

sign cultural treaties with every player in your island chain once you get them researched, this will cause many to hesitate attacking you due to breaking the treaty negative effects.

make sure you keep your hideouts at least the same level as your town hall.

make sure you build the shrine of the gods as soon as possible and use it, further try to do as many of the daily tasks as possible for the favor which can be used for rewards.

I could go on but this should keep you out of trouble starting out (usually)

seeing the same issue, seems to only be on new docks, burning favor for a 1 day account got it going by putting it in "que" even though nothing is being built before it.

After it finished was able to upgrade to lv2 without needing a premium.

Very weird bug to pop up.

honestly i am 100% farming - no wars or anything but i find that with the next level of my palace it would be impossible to buy or produce nearly enough resources to build it - i find that i am always low on basically everything when looking to expand just because of they high demand- how would you deal with that? just to clarify it would now take me somewhere rough two/three to produce all the necesary resoruces for one single palace.

i was actually looking to stay away from getting a wine/sulphur or crystal town as i want to expand marbles however i dont see myself being able to upgrade the palaces efficiently later, and i am always expading - non stop so i find those town not only useful but obligatory

still cant figured out which way to go on this

Go for maximum marble towns then.. it'll help you with construction and it should be the easiest resource for trade.. you can even enter into direct trade agreements with other players in your area, that fighter with 5 or 6 sulfur towns would probably be very happy to swap you sulfur for marble.

Do make sure the trades are 1:1 though with any players larger than your self, otherwise you're breaking the pushing rule and may or may not hear from the GO's about it.

Impossible to give you advice not knowing your play style.

generally I would recommend heavy marble followed by crystal, then sulfur, then wine.

I can usually pillage my wine so I get by with just 1 wine town.. I might add a 2nd though

The thing about wine is it has no real use beyond a few buildings or the tavern... so it just stacks up.

Sulfur is the same way, outside of war other than a few building upgrades it just stacks up unused.. unless you're an active fighter (and even then there is always the blackmarket if you have someone to cook for you)

it's better not to overload your production and just stack it deep for a rainy day.

I play on Beta which only has forge on sulfur islands so I have way more production of sulfur than I need.. of course there is trade but that can vary day by day and where you're at on the map.

Crystal is always good for upgrades, some units, experiments, an it often fetches a good price on the market.

Marble is king though cause it's used for almost every type of building upgrade and there is always a demand for it on the market (assuming you're not a hermit)

So marble will help with building but also can bring in gold if you don't need it.

it doesn't reduce cost but it does increase the amount of research points you get for your experiment which is effectively the same thing.

can confirm 300k gives 300k research at lv50.. scientific future has no effect on experiments sadly which is why mine is only lv2

I think they use to be more expensive before the rewards chance iirc.. I suppose it's debatable but I agree teh single town 24hr bonus is kinda *meh*

The gods bonus however is priced right imo because it can affect all the towns that god is supporting so I definitely use those when I can afford it and its' not in cool down.

The premium account I think is a fair value as well but best used on new towns or when you have a lot of small buildings that need upgraded so you can maximize the building que feature.

The straight "goods" drop was always a good value and even more so now that it's been lowered.. so I'd say overall the rewards are priced about right honestly.

I do however wish they would allow us to collect the rewards in the form of inventory items so we could bank them, esp the troop/goods drop rewards.

Before the change the wine reward was really useful for getting a town up and running if it ran dry, now with the 7day lock out it's not as useful cause I can't use it when ever, So you're left with either.. buy it and get your cool down going or never buy it except in an emergency which means you're missing out all the rest of the time.

EDIT: I'd also like to see the unit rewards expanded to include more units IIRC it also chances units based on your total score, it would be nice if all units was available to everyone at all times.

Near as I can tell this only happens if the ships are in que going to different towns.. when using a single target town it seems to recalculate correctly.

Scenario, was sending out freighters, but also had a load of cargo's.. I realized they was last in line and canceled teh freighters which should have reduce the cargo's loading time from 1hr 15mins down to about 7 mins.

it didn't.. see pictures 1 2 3

I was able to repeat this bug several times without fail.

The blocking was removed with implement occupation. And inactive players are not meant to be occupied. Here I can only suggest to pay attention to the time for how long the player's fleet is being scattered.

This, very important to keep track and it gets even more fun if someone else is hitting the town.. then you gotta have a spy to check fleet movement OR time a ram to hit within a few seconds of the pillage loading up and leaving to make sure it's clear.

It's annoying, I suggested returning pillages be allowed to continue home without the port check on vacationed players, but I can see this being good for inactives also.

They don't have the occupation function on inactives, I think cause they didn't want people using them as launching pads.. I dunno.

I see what you're saying now.. you're saying people with accounts setup to farm goods being pillaged by the main account of the owner of the farms.

damn man you gotta be more clear next time.

Unlike a lot of shady mutli use which isn't, That's actually against the rules,

alright, multi accounts I get, you thew me with the "bot" part.

why in the world would we care if they get looted? someone with no walls and no army is what I call a farm.. Although I'd still like to pick and choose what I take I'll take everything in the end.

Im not really sure why you would care about these multi accounts as much as you have expressed disapproval of them in the past.

still confused.. lets start over

Who's doing the pillaging here.. the bots attacking players or the players attacking the bots?

and you're saying who ever is doing the pillaging in this scenario will avoid pillaging any wine then?

Ok im a little confused then, when you said

As far for my opinion on this subject.. i am tending to no... because it will help the players having bots.. to empty the bots.. and let them having enough wine.

I thought you meant the bots would go out and pillage other players for wine..

But if I understand your last post you're saying people could pillage these bot accounts and focus on their wine which would cause them to run out, and the bots stop being able to collect resources..

is that correct?