Posts by Kikoguns

We don't care about whether the game is different from 2008, we care about things being broken.

The black market is not a "mini game", it is a means to purchase ships and troops. Players warping towns to different servers for transactions outside the game can't be proven, but we know it's happening. How're we supposed to report this to a MOD without the proof? It's not being "Smart", it's cheating. We have 11 of the top 20 players in vacation mode with over 200k points in MS.

'it's not unfair" How is it not unfair that 3 alliances can have millions of stored MS while the hundreds of smaller alliances will be at a disadvantage to the top alliances having this much ms power?

I remember an old retired player called Hannibal Lecter. He played on almost every EN server and I was lucky to be with him on his last server before retirement. he bet everyone of these players you're referring to and didn't care much of the fact that they are cicumventing the game rules and that was my point. You're complaining about something that GF will never change and wasting your time.

BTW, game exploits are reported to GOs not Mods. We have nothing to do with the game exploits. We moderate the forum, and if you read my posts from the beginning, I was talking as an ikariam player who has played for a decade. :)

Making things harder is the best idea in my opinion. I guess it's the only way to limit the kind of stocking gens that some players do. Best idea, man :)

I believe you're giving invalid points as pilaging gold, demolishing buildings and such was never intended to be in ikariam but black market and piracy are already in the game and they have been like that for years now. Suddenly deciding to cap them will be unfair to lots of players who already gain advantage of these features. For me, I don't go for black market and piracy much as I prefer to focus on fighting and gaining offensive points and top my alliance. Others go for black market and that may sound unfair to some of us but it's there and been like that for years so why don't we adapt and keep enjoying the game?
    "I want it" is never something for me. I just want to enjoy the game and help everyone as much as I can. :)

I see. Such a long process to cicumvent rules which makes the suggestions valid. Most of what you explain is still circumventing rules and can't be legal. I am not really aware with it since I don't play this way and find no fun doing all of this. Let's just hope the merge issues are solved.

I would really like to agree with you, but no. BM and Piracy were both a good idea, but without boundaries. The BM is currently abused for stock up gen on "ally account". Expl. One of your ally leave the game. He give you credential, you leave the alliance, do the "share id thing", buy every gen possible and V-mode. Legal and you have from 500k to ?kk gen ready for war.

Piracy was even worst. Multi aside, on the early day of piracy, big players were forming contract with small players. You farm for me, i will give you % fo resources at the end of the event. You wont farm for me? Well gl with that. There was no choice. Farm for them or became a farm anyway. Is that "legal"? Yea maybe. Is that fair? No. Is enjoyable? BigF-No. There was a counterplay? No, you cant counter 10 account farming 10k per day each.

Some of what you said here fall under cicumventing the rules of multi accounts and others fall under pushing; so what you're saying isn't 100% legal. That kind of gameplay is circumventing the game rules, but unfortunately they do it really well that you can't catch them in the act and report them to GOs. However, I do remember some friends getting banned for such gameplay because simply they got caught doing it. So, you have a very good point here. However, I believe that stocking up gens between allies isn't really cheating unless it involves circumventing account sharing rules.

Maybe the developers need to take a closer look at the mentioned issues and close the gaps in the game rules to prevent such things from happening and for us we may need to chill and enjoy and catch some cheaters in the act. ;)

Hello

As I just mentioned, such issues are reported through support. The Forum isn't the place for complaining about tickets.

Forum rules are clear on that part.

Do not reports players or exploits in a public forum post.

For reporting players use the ingame reporting functions. For reporting forum users use the forum reporting functions.
    For reporting severe exploits please use our support system or write a private message to your responsible Community Manager.

I guess I have an opinion on everything that has been going on here for weeks. I'll be talking as an ikariam player, not a moderator. Some players here can't accept the fact that now there are lots of features added to the game that made it completely different from the one played in 2008. They can't accept that some other players managed to get the maximum benefit of these featuress with their own strategies of playing while they couldn't do great with them. Things as Black Market and Piracy made something I like to call "A mini game" inside the game. Some players focus on these things to gather more resources or troops and raise their Total score. This is called being smart and nothing else. However, I believe that if someone (for example) is using black market to gain money out of game, maybe that is something that should be reported to support, instead of putting limits on players who put their best skills in such features.

Let's accept that the gameplay should be free, and that means no limits on black market, no limits on Pillage, no limits to trade resources, no limits to raid piracy points; and any kind of gameplay should be accepted by everyone and it's not "cheating" and it's not "unfair" as long as it doesn't break any Game Rules which are already clear to everyone.

Have fun, please. :)

Hello everyone,

The only reason for not closing this thread is giving a chance to every player here to ask questions related to the last merge since almost everyone is affected somehow by the process. However, anything related to reporting other players or sever game exploits (aka. cheating, unfair gameplay,...etc) on this thread won't be tolerated and the user who won't follow the right means after this post will be banned for a limited time according to his profile history.

Kind Regards and happy playing

Kikoguns
    EN Mod

They should hire me,i'll fix their code. The game was never meant to be played like this with people running 15 million gen scores so of course theres bugs. Every suggestion to fix this has been scrubbed by the mods here and the topic deleted. Maybe the mods like the cheating aspect but some of us dont.

Would you please repeat the kind of suggestion posted and was deleted by a mod? I remember that our job was helping players and answer their questions about the forum (Not the game) and censoring any kind of spam, insult, troll or offensive post that is against the clear rules of the forum. We don't delete suggestions even if they are repeated, we only close the thread in that case.

Mods don't like cheating and as an ikariam player before being Mod, I myself have been affected by the merge and submitted a ticket to the game support awaiting an answer without repeating myself in the forum as I have been playing ikariam for 13 years. Yes, that's right. I play since 2009 on different servers starting from alpha. These years were enough to tell me how suggestions are posted and how we report bugs or severe exploits.

So, as MOD now if you have something on a player who you think is not following the game rules, please report him to the GOs via the report button in game or by submitting a ticket in game support as reporting others isn't allowed in the forum publicly and that's why your posts may get censored sometimes.

I wish you understand now how things work. :)

Hello

Your opinions are always heard and we care about them. However, pushing threads and reopening ones that have been answered isn't the kind of freedom of opinions in the forum. You have the right to voice your opinions in the forum and the moderators have the right to close the thread when it's repeated or has already been answered.

Do not re-open a thread that's just recently be closed.

You're allowed to open any kind of discussion related to ikariam, but if it's repeated -like this one- I am sorry to say we're closing the thread.

:closedthread: