NEW Server.. YAY!

• Unsure where you see the connection between both?

Serveral players asking for new servers - so new servers are opend from time to time.

That most players won't start on older servers is clear anyway, cause it will be hard for them to play in the top scores (what is one of the goals of players)

lagu-ika_admin.jpg

Sig und Ava made by Butterfly I

Serveral players asking for new servers - so new servers are opend from time to time.

That most players won't start on older servers is clear anyway, cause it will be hard for them to play in the top scores (what is one of the goals of players)

Sorry, but that's not exactly how you describe it.

The problem is that no old player signs up on a new server, knowing that it will have few players anyway and will soon be overtaken by another new server ....

And meanwhile the old servers depopulate.

Result

Empty old servers

New servers not filling up ...

Not to mention the ARES servers which we are all expecting to be merged worldwide ...

firma-nuovo-forum.jpg

• It's good to have new servers as long as old ones get merged. The community ain't that big anymore.

P.S.: The fact that we can't raid the barbarian village at the momment is a big problem for the new servers. Without it, ain't much left to do other than wait.

A different language is a different vision of life.

To have another language is to possess a second soul.

• And meanwhile the old servers depopulate.

Result

Empty old servers

New servers not filling up ...

Not to mention the ARES servers which we are all expecting to be merged worldwide ..

And still, it's one of the main streams of income. Whose fault it is that some players will pay hundreds and thousands of bucks for being in TOP? It's called supply and demand.

• If this keep going, Ikariam in year 2090 will have around 1.000 servers :)

Old server still exist and new ones keep on comming.

I really never understood this type of Logic and never will. Whats the purpose of creating new servers and the old ones still are there.

• If this keep going, Ikariam in year 2090 will have around 1.000 servers :)

Old server still exist and new ones keep on comming.

I really never understood this type of Logic and never will. Whats the purpose of creating new servers and the old ones still are there.

I can answer that.

In 2090, all of the current players will die. So they can remove the old servers

• ok ... ok

but don't just do things for money, also do the right good an beautiful things...

😉😘

firma-nuovo-forum.jpg

lol.. well GF is famous for giving us what we want.. where are these "several" players?

We all know the real reason new servers keep being created while old ones stagnate.

Where are the mergers.. I know "several" players who want that.

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• And still, it's one of the main streams of income. Whose fault it is that some players will pay hundreds and thousands of bucks for being in TOP? It's called supply and demand.

Bingo.. Draxo saying the quiet part out loud.. respect.

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• Why not create 1 big huge server for all players to enjoy, instead of 50 billion servers???

There are billion og ways for GameForge to earn money, instead of by players who jump from server to another

• Fun fact, while a lot of people complain for so many different things about the game, we still see our allies in red color.

Two updates happened and new servers were released but GameForge didn't yet spend time on fixing this HUGE bug. Like It's easy to battle when all your allies are red.

A different language is a different vision of life.

To have another language is to possess a second soul.

• Just gonna give my input as a new player who registered in older server (pangaia 4).
    I like this game, but there is literally too many servers. Playerbase is too spread which results in a little stale gameplay. I'm too small to do anything meaningful right now, too small to join an active alliance, too. There's tons of inactive players around, which results in active players also not expecting much activity I feel like. Due to this, trading feels VERY limited and not really an option this early in the game for me. They should just rather think of some mechanism, how new players could "catch up" easier in older servers. What if the new players start with 3 colonies when the server is let's say older than 1 year? Add something like a longer starter free premium and you have way better experience catching up until you are useful to alliances as of now it's just pure building grind. Maybe not a solution, but just an idea, because there has to be a motivation to start in an older server.

• If you think about the game as a whole, there is very little impact to any of it. Wars aren't very effective, outside of bragging rights about who destroys or takes the most resources, its really hard to truly affect any other player. Premium trader makes it pretty easy to convert wood to anything you need, and your only concern is getting the storage capacity high enough to hold the resources.

The argument of players generate more money fighting for the total score in highscore is kinda...weak? I mean I'd put money on it that the actual community isn't growing at all, and year in and year out the playerbase that is circling these newer servers gets smaller and smaller.

Ikariam itself would benefit more from actual in-game events. Perhaps that might be similar competitions to Piracy for Offensive Points/Resources Pillages, Community sponsored Gauntlet wars/Tournaments (Alliance vs Alliance ) where you can win Badges, Ambrosia (You can keep this cheap like...25 per alliance member?), Resources. Premium traders, etc for your alliance via the Win Condition.

Go a step further and make it interesting? Capture the Capital (Alliances have Capital cities that must be held by the opposing teams for X amount of time to garner points, before switching to another place on the map).

I think there's a lot of ways to make the game more interesting and worth while to pay for. Seeing that you have something to compete for monthly would be pretty cool, besides a total score on piracy for resources.

• Gotta say this is the 1st good sugestion ive seen in a while. No bashing, no constant complain, simple yet effective suggestion that id like seen taken further.

I actually feel like these types of ingame events would motivate war like players and war like style of playing the game. Imagine having ingame gauntlets each month (every 3 months...) where the top3 alliances gain premium stuff (ambro, premium traders... etc..). Id also love seeing implemented an offensive score/defensive score (only 1 score - war score or any other name) that would reset in a timeline similar to piracy rounds, where the top1 would gain resourses or other stuff from being top scorers. I also thought about making it so that occupying an enemy city would make it so that 30% of the cities resource gains would go to the occupier. It would make sense seeing how in ancient times the ocuppied forces had to pay tributes to the occupiers. This would be a problem if it was based on %production seeing as how bigger players would in fact produce more resources so no advantage in doing this to smaller accounts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Argonaut - Ares3 - LEGA

Argonaut - Alpha - LegAW

Argonaut - Acheron - M -

Argonaut - Aeneas - LEGA

• Please take this suggestion seriously, it will be a game changer.