New Daily Task System - Overwhelmed, Whelmed or Underwhelmed?

• Another Player Ending Patch(PEP)! It was nice to passively earn resources.

A global message would have been nice and this should have started at the beginning of the week.

I am very disappointed. I am always logged into the game. I wouldn't want to logout during war for fear of not being able to login.

Starman

Viet Nam Sociality[VNS] - Alpha US Spokesman
    Bậc Thầy Thịt mèo Nướng

BBQ CAT Master Chef

• I don't like the limit set on how often you can get a specific reward in one week (only once).

Then again, changing the luxury resources to 150 instead of 250 is quite nice.

• The tasks don't seem terribly difficult to complete, and the rewards are a lot better. Now you have to check everyday to see what you have as opposed to just doing your normal routine. Overall I think it's better.

The passive resource collecting tasks seem to be tied to the ability of your account. I have a big account that's requiring me to collect 115k wine and a smaller, which is doable, and an account where I only need to collect 50k which is also doable, but yeah at least these seem possible regardless of account size.

• THe new rewards have good points and not so good points. for me so I suppose they are a good compromise for everyone. :-)

But I want any compromise to only favour me , damn it! Its just so unfair. /s,

I do like the cap instra of the weekly reset. That alone will gian me many points over time that formerly were lost to the ether as they were too low to turn in for any reward.

The higher rewards are very welcome too. 22K for the resources ones for me.

Passive resource collection is too high for me to get. I only have 2 sulphur colonies and they generate about 35K / day. Well short of the 115K I need for the reward. (see update below) Even my 4 marble don't get that much, despite one being on a level 59 mine.

Yet to see all the tasks.

Perhaps that is something we can do here. So far I have had:

Passive:

• Collect some wood in the saw mill.
    • Collect some marble in the quarry.
    • Collect some crystal in the crystal mine.
    • Collect some sulphur in the sulphur pit.

Easy:

• Successfully raid barbarian village.
    • Start pirate raid.
    • Donate resources to production sites or miracles.
    • Spy on another player. ( this one is any spy mission )

DIfficult:

• Research something.
    • Occupy a town belonging to another player.
    • Produce warships.
    • Commission building work.

Update:

I've just discovered the resource collection does not reset on the new day, so I will be able to collect it eventually.

In fact none of the tasks reset or changed to a new one. I wonder if that means you have to collect all 8 tsks before they reset, or will that be a weekly thing?

Reverence for life affords me my fundamental principle of morality.
    — Albert Schweitzer

• One thing I would have liked to see was a change in "Research something."

At my level of research, that is not a daily or even weekly task. But generating x number of research points might have been. Like donating to a resource instead of expanding a resource.

— Albert Schweitzer

• The tasks are reset daily at 8 AM server time, with the Passive, Easy and Difficult tasks being changed each day

So every day a player must enter to see the tasks and cannot operate long terms plan knowing daily task are always the same like before --> more stress for players--> very underwhelmed

Once a task has been completed, you must collect the Favour of the gods manually

why this? What's wrong whit the previous automatically system? --> more stress for players --> very underwhelmed

‘Spend Ambrosia’ and ‘Unlock an achievement’ have been removed

underwhelmed

Passive and Easy tasks can be completed for Ambrosia

very underwhelmed

Each reward can be redeemed 1x every 7 days

I think the most underwhelmed thing. Before I can accumulate and then redeem even 100k resource all togheter. But now no. This is surely a bad change.

The costs of the rewards have been adjusted

Yeah, but it is totally unhelpful if you have to wait 7 day before redeem tha rewards you want/need.

Overall feedback: Very bad.

Instead of doing something for problems community is talking from years ( multies, general banck ecc) or impelement new thing in the battle/war system GF spend time reworking a well working thing no one tell them to rework and is able to make it worse

• Well, a feature that's meant to create activity and get people IN the game annoy those who wanted the game to be more like any other idle game that basically plays itself.

Colour me surprised.

Sorry, but yeah, obviously that feature wasn't meant to make Ikariam into an idle game and any feedback that comments on that is just something we acknowledge but won't do anything about it. It's meant to promote activity, not idle gaming.

As for the rewards: we're observing this and I have already made a suggestion to the product manager to slightly increase them, as they do feel a bit on the low side at times, indeed.

Concerning the 7 day redemption period, this will make a lot more sense when the next parts of this update will be ready for release. As with the city improvements, this comes in several steps and not as a "one big package deal". For the same reasons: smaller packages are less prone to errors and you get to have more regular updates.

Another Player Ending Patch(PEP)!

So "player ending", that activity since the update already went up noticeably.

I'd like to have more of those "player ending patches" then, please.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• Yeah, but it is totally unhelpful if you have to wait 7 day before redeem tha rewards you want/need.

I can say for certain that you can redeem your rewards any time you have enough points as I already have once. It is a bit annoying I can only redeem one lot of marble or wood, etc per week. I did like to get multiple of one type most weeks. Ahh well, I do have the fountain going, so that gives me enough for a Premium trade every 3 days if I really need the extra.

Concerning the 7 day redemption period, this will make a lot more sense when the next parts of this update will be ready for release.

Will be interesting to see the next update. Overall, I do like what's happened so far. Not perfect for me, but then I'm pretty sure GF does not cater solely to my needs and desires, as nice as that would be :-)

— Albert Schweitzer

• Hi guys!

For a small players like me this tasks are little to much for me and i dont like it :!:

Here is some today tasks i got today:

Collect some wine in the vineyardk 15k -currently produce 200 p/h becouse i really dont need more and dont want to fill my storages above safe limits

Collect some crystal in the crystal mine, 15k -dont have crystal mine

Produce warships. -to weak economy to do this almost at daily base

Pillage another player`s town. -dont focus on army at this stage only economy grow.

I can see also that you can boost your progres with ambrosia what is just like what the ... :thumbdown:

I get they need to earn money somehow but still guys you can do better than this.

Sorry for my bad english guys and have a nice day! <3

• Is the reset time on Alpha correct? I have the daily challenge of producing Marble and when I checked at about 10:00 server time I had produced nearly zero when I have 6 towns producing Marble at over 14k per hour, and here it is just now:

• Here's another issue: on Beta I have no quarries, but one of my daily tasks is to mine Marble. A little bit of checking is required before setting tasks!

• Here's another issue: on Beta I have no quarries, but one of my daily tasks is to mine Marble. A little bit of checking is required before setting tasks!

That's kind of a you problem though. It's simply impossible to get everyone the task they'd like best.

There are far too many various ways of actually playing the game for that.

Quartz

I guess the "Passive" task works while you're in Ikariam, it stops when you log out Ikariam.

No, it doesn't. The display just doesn't update automatically. It updates when the button is clicked or when you login again or when you for example change the amount of workers in a ressource mine. Basically: whenever you change something that affects the economy calculation.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• I don't like how the passive tasks need to be collected manually. I have enough production to complete them in 24h, but since the tasks reset in the middle of the night, I won't ever complete them (except for marble or wood), since I can't complete it while I'm still awake and I'm not gonna wake up at 4am just to click a button.

• That's kind of a you problem though. It's simply impossible to get everyone the task they'd like best.

I disagree: it's Ikariam that's setting the task so Ikariam should make sure it's possible for the player to complete it.

• Concerning the 7 day redemption period, this will make a lot more sense when the next parts of this update will be ready for release.

I really hope it will make more sense in the future because right now it makes no sense.

On the contrary, it's like punishing active players that login daily and complete the tasks.