Buildings you are proud of.

• I would really like to see a lot of players get involved in this thread and leave a comment. What is a building that you are proud of that you think is at a very high level. I don't have a very strong account, I don't know what I would write as my success. For example, I would say that my palace is lvl 12, one of my city walls is at level 41. I have one warehouse at level 43. One player in my guild has forester's house at level 40, that's just amazing to me. I also know a player who has 12 museums at level 21.

d4oibcf-dba4d1dd-8bce-4601-bff4-b59549bec1de.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzBlODU4YTNhLTk5OWQtNDAyMi1hZTAyLTEzOTg0NDdhOTM2YlwvZDRvaWJjZi1kYmE0ZDFkZC04YmNlLTQ2MDEtYmZmNC1iNTk1NDliZWMxZGUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.dp2XCQk0qMZIBso58sn9BwCNveYaLxegDUiG3pvGl4M

• Hi

I'm 88m ts , the only building I should be proud of are Boosters. Currently they are low level but I'm giving them the priority, IMO they are the key of successful expansion.

• I had full acount before update.
    That means all museums on 21, all Barracks on 49, all ports on 47, all town halls on 40, etc...
    Now i am focusing on cities. So there will be people with more than that.

• Badmaniak wow, wow, wow. How many points do you have in total? And how many cities? The number of points you get for museum level 21 is 134k. You have more than a million points for museums alone, I am very far from yours. My biggest museum is level 17, my highest barracks are level 41.

d4oibcf-dba4d1dd-8bce-4601-bff4-b59549bec1de.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzBlODU4YTNhLTk5OWQtNDAyMi1hZTAyLTEzOTg0NDdhOTM2YlwvZDRvaWJjZi1kYmE0ZDFkZC04YmNlLTQ2MDEtYmZmNC1iNTk1NDliZWMxZGUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.dp2XCQk0qMZIBso58sn9BwCNveYaLxegDUiG3pvGl4M

• Calisuper

Sorry I forgot to add, buildings to reduce resource consumption are such an important thing, they make an incredibly big difference, here's an example. In one city I have all the buildings to reduce to the maximum, in my palace to go to level 13 it requires:

5,627,868 wood

2,067,048 wines

2,296,839 marbles

1,954,932 crystals

2,664,608 sulfur

Certainly a huge amount of resources, and watch this. My last built city where every resource reduction building is at level 45 requires a level 13 palace:

6,409,516 wood

2,354,138 wines

2,615,844 marbles

2,226,450 crystals

3,034,693 sulfur

The total difference is 2,029,292 resources and the more resources the difference becomes.

• I guess I'm most proud of my level 13 Palace xD. I briefly had a 14th town, but the corruption in 12 of them was too much to bear.

pSIm64P.png

Hi

I'm 88m ts , the only building I should be proud of are Boosters. Currently they are low level but I'm giving them the priority, IMO they are the key of successful expansion.

Indeed, resources = points in this game, so it's important to maximize the gathering of resources in every way you can, and maximize the reduction xD.

Would you say that all of the resources reductions are a must to be maxed for an efficient advanced expasion?

Resource reduction buildings are now the most important buildings in this game, by far. In the base game, you get 1 point for every 100 resources spent on building (doesn't matter why type of resource). Through science/research (pulley, geometry, and spirit level) you can knock that down to 86 resources per point, but then the reduction buildings (at level 50), knock that down to a maximum 36 resources per point.

So take a level 10 Palace for example. Without any reduction, it costs about 5.7 million resources to upgrade from level 9 to 10, and gives you 57,000 points. If you have all 5 reduction buildings at level 50, that same level 10 Palace will only cost you 2 million resources, but it will still give you 57,000 points. You saved 3.7 million resources that you can now use to upgrade something else. A level 11 Palace upgrade is only 3.9 million resources ;). In other words, if you upgrade that Palace without reduction buildings, you're throwing away a free level 11 Palace upgrade and 102,000 points.

Obviously the reduction buildings aren't free, but the return on investment is mind blowing. If you build the wood and marble reduction buildings first, you can get all 5 reduction buildings to level 50 for about 18 million resources (and get 463k points). Sounds like a lot of resources, but if you take my average town, it took 200 million resources to build it, with all 5 reduction buildings at level 50. Without reduction buildings, it would've cost me 550 million resources, so you could say that 18 million resource investment saved me 350 million resources overall. 350 million resources is almost 10 million points.

Not to mention any future upgrades they'll save me. It's all profit from now on. Maybe someday I'll have a level 20 Palace. With the reduction buildings it'll only cost me 1.5 billion resources. Without the reduction buildings it would cost me 4.2 billion, so look at all the future savings xD.

With everything costing 64% fewer resources, you also don't need as many warehouses, or you don't need to upgrade them to crazy high levels. How many more warehouses would I need for a 4.2 billion Palace compared to a 1.5 billion Palace? I would need billions more resources just for that, and about 5 more years of construction time lol.

• Hi

Interesting. To me, boosters don't cost in at higher levels. Then again, you've scored 12m points recently in the time I've added 2m, which suggests you may be right. But I'm sure it requires pretty high mine levels to begin with too. My islands have reasonable, if not outstanding levels (41-47 Forests, 35-41 Luxuries), so I suspect yours are in the upper 50s?

Anyway, to original poster, nothing I'm particularly proud of, sorry. I was gearing up for L48 walls (all L47 already) to maximise those, when the rule changes came in, and my almost max account became 5%(?) complete account, so those buildings will now have to wait until I'm 213 years old.

• My islands have reasonable, if not outstanding levels (41-47 Forests, 35-41 Luxuries), so I suspect yours are in the upper 50s?

Upper 50's? I've seen his islands and you're selling him short xD. And I thought I had good islands at 53/43.

The thing about production buildings is yeah, the return on investment isn't very good, 100's of years at higher levels, but those buildings and higher levels are worth a lot of points. So from a points perspective, those are the best buildings to upgrade (after the reduction buildings) because not only do they give you a lot of points themselves, they increase the rate at which you're able to score more points in the form of more resources/h.

However, donating to the mills/mines provides the worst return on investment because unlike the production buildings, you don't get points for the donated wood. You get a sweet donation score, but at the expense of your total score. For every 36 to 86 wood donated (depending on the level of your reduction buildings), you're throwing away 1 point toward your TS. You do need your mills/mines at a decent level to score points to begin with however lol.

• Badmaniak wow, wow, wow. How many points do you have in total? And how many cities? The number of points you get for museum level 21 is 134k. You have more than a million points for museums alone, I am very far from yours. My biggest museum is level 17, my highest barracks are level 41.

I had basic maximum before update for few years. That means about 91M.
    But these numbers can be very common (not for all but for some of these buildings). And as I said i didn't upgrade any of these buildings since update because I am focusing on palace and governors.

• Reignman The palace level at level 13 is really an achievement, level 14 is already madness. Every resource is important, and having a good account is a combination of tactics and a lot of time. I certainly strive for that, honestly, I wouldn't want to talk too much in advance, but I think that my maximum that I can reach is that 15th city, everything further seems unrealistic to me, they are really huge numbers, with the fact that I have to fix the other problems as well. On the 13th city I start raising all museums to level 17, all walls to level 40, all shelters to level 45, all city ports to level 36. Only then will I decide to go to the 14th city, and when I finish everything there, then I can start thinking about the 15th, but that is now a minimum of about a year and a half away.

Badmaniak Amazing account, really powerful. I'm far from that, but certainly congratulations, great success!

• I think that my maximum that I can reach is that 15th city, everything further seems unrealistic to me, they are really huge numbers, with the fact that I have to fix the other problems as well.

Indeed, this game could quickly become a race to the next town, but I've done the math and nobody is going to reach 21 towns in this lifetime unless they spend $1000's on ambro. It's going to take me another 3 billion resources just to get my palace from lvl 14 to 20, and if I focused just on that goal, it would take 5 years to gather the resources at my current rate. Longer than that actually, because I didn't factor in the warehouse upgrades I'd need to store 365 million resources xD.

But like you said, what's the point if you don't upgrade other buildings? Right now I don't have enough population in several towns to max out the mills/mines with workers so I'd like to upgrade TH's, and then museums, taverns, and temples to keep pace with a growing population. Upgrading production buildings is important too.

I'm already on my 15th year of playing this game, so I don't know how many towns I'll reach because I don't know if I'll be playing another 15 lol. Each additional town at this point takes twice as long as the previous, so I wouldn't have town #15 for another year, then it'll take 2 years after that to get #16, then 4 more for #17, and #18 would put me right at 15 years.

• I don't put much stock into production buildings. If you do the math you get very little benefit, I'd say I'm most proud of maxing out all my reducers. These buildings will save you millions of resources up front and you don't need to wait 10+ years in order to get paid back like you would on production buildings.

• Reignman

I really agree with you, for me the game at one point turned into a race to have as many cities as possible, then I stopped and saw that it shouldn't go in that direction, I had a lot of holes, now I started to repair all that little by little, city walls, taverns, warehouses, buildings to increase the production of resources and to reduce resources. To tell you the truth, the account is much more compact now, and works much better and completes jobs much faster than when it was just chasing the number of cities. A large number of cities is a luxury that cannot be achieved by a large number of players and requires a lot of time. That's why I say that I think the maximum I can achieve in this game is 15 cities, and that's my plan for it to look like this:

8 cities on marble.

2 cities on sulfur.

2 cities on the crystal.

3 cities on wine.

What do you think about that?

• My plan is

3 wine cities

1 crystal city just due to location is the only reason.

remaining all sulphur.

I use the 20% bonus for sulphur so the more cities I have on that resource the more benefit it has for me. Right now my warehouses can hold 30m so those resource conversions we recieved go a long ways in making the necessary resource conversions to marble.

• Your plan is great so far, just manage your gold , have HH in all towns, lower the general (if you are in a safe area), don’t think how much time you need to do something just to avoid depression then everything will come off-hand. Who knows, maybe one day you will get the ability to expand beyond your original plan. Did you believe in yourself that one day you would get town12th when you had 4?

• Ha, oh well, I'll wave farewell to him as he gallops away over the horizon. (Just kidding, L.O.B., I'll hitch a ride if I can.)

Your point about donations is important, which is why there needs to be an improvement / dangled carrot in a version update. Nobody donates on my islands anymore, and that now includes me. I suggested something a while back - may have been in a PM to Quartz, cannot remember (I'm an old dude, cut me some slack :)) - and I believe he had some idea for improvement too. Many years ago, I actually won a Terrible Tax Advisor in a random draw (thanks Badidol! - still unused, alas) when GF asked for ideas for new achievements, and I'd suggested one for donations. The proposed incentives then would have been minimal under current rules, but could be amended now, though it would still need to be in conjunction with a bigger factor.