Construction Time Coefficients?

• The existence of the fraction A/B is actually one coefficient but we kept it because this way we can have more accuracy.

yes, in numbers is more simple to work with integer or rational numbers (a division of integer numbers), irrational numbers (like the square root of 2), need the float number definition, and might be more demanding for the calculations, and always shall be at most an approximation of the nearest rational cutting the next decimals digits.

and as it is an exponential function, it is even worse having floating, more if it is less between 0 and 1. or that is what i guess, i am not near a programmer or dev, just have some knowledge about computer science and calculus.

maybe it also may need less memory to store??, the pros over the floats are outstanding anyway

[ Donoso ][ KofG ] [ Alpha US ]

Kingdom of God Alliance's Diplomat & General

[En-Es]

[ " Por la razon o la fuerza " ]

["Do you want to feel pain? taking my name in vane"]

• Well that's unfortunate. Has anyone thought to ask them xD? Should I fill out a ticket or do they have an email address somewhere?

Such data are not meant to be revealed.

Why? It's not like the build times are a secret, Ikariam has them all listed in the help menu. The only thing we're asking for is the formula that was used to calculate them. Knowing it won't give anyone an unfair advantage over anyone else. That seems like an odd thing to keep from your community.

• Reignman If you want we can exchange information.

Yeah I'll share whatever information I dig up. Unfortunately I already finished upgrading all 5 reduction buildings to level 50 in my new town before I knew the information was needed. It's too bad the test server couldn't be used for something like this, but over there you have the same slow building pace. It would be nice if it had some tools to let testers instantly finish buildings/troops, and instantly add whatever resources you needed to actually test things without having to wait 5 years. Where's the ikariam sandbox server haha?

• Reignman If you want we can exchange information.

Yeah I'll share whatever information I dig up. Unfortunately I already finished upgrading all 5 reduction buildings to level 50 in my new town before I knew the information was needed. It's too bad the test server couldn't be used for something like this, but over there you have the same slow building pace. It would be nice if it had some tools to let testers instantly finish buildings/troops, and instantly add whatever resources you needed to actually test things without having to wait 5 years. Where's the ikariam sandbox server haha?

For reduction buildings, I have already collected them.

• Well that's unfortunate. Has anyone thought to ask them xD? Should I fill out a ticket or do they have an email address somewhere?

Such data are not meant to be revealed.

Why? It's not like the build times are a secret, Ikariam has them all listed in the help menu. The only thing we're asking for is the formula that was used to calculate them. Knowing it won't give anyone an unfair advantage over anyone else. That seems like an odd thing to keep from your community.

dude, you are forgetting the math thrill :D, jajajaja, for me is an interesting matter to reverse engineer just for the joy to know, and publishing the info :), the ppl in the wiki proposed that knowledge and posted it there, and it is our inherited duty to preserve it, update it, and publish the as for curious minds

[ Donoso ][ KofG ] [ Alpha US ]

Kingdom of God Alliance's Diplomat & General

[En-Es]

[ " Por la razon o la fuerza " ]

["Do you want to feel pain? taking my name in vane"]

• If they don't want that information to be revealed to us, they could have added (or removed) some random amount of time to each level before adding them to their databases, so that the exact equation used is obfuscated and impossible to derive without knowing those random amounts.

Or maybe they just set the times by hand without using any formulas and added them to their databases. But I doubt it because there is proof they have used formulas in the past (see the wiki article panos78 posted), and adding so many levels by hand would be a lot of work. But it is a possibility.

However, please keep working on it, most probably there is a formula and would be nice to find it!

Edited once, last by Guevero ().

• Knowing it won't give anyone an unfair advantage over anyone else. That seems like an odd thing to keep from your community.

Think a bit wider - it's not only about community but also about other games and their developers.

That still doesn't make any sense. Why would another game care about the construction coefficients of some 15yo browser game? If someone is smart enough to code their own game, they wouldn't need to steal a very simple formula for something like that. The point being, we're not asking for the nuclear codes here lol. I doubt some developer is camping the ikariam wiki waiting for this closely guarded secret to be revealed so they can finally finish their own game xD. Ahhhh that's how it's done, each additional level takes longer than the previous! Genius!

What is a pain in the arse though, is making your community reverse engineer the formula.

For reduction buildings, I have already collected them.

So I can stop doing those lol? I got up to level 15 on all of them on an alt account. I was also doing hideouts and pirate fortress. I don't remember if the hideout even changed, but I know the pirate fortress was never available. And I only have the first 3 levels of the dockyard.

• If someone is smart enough to code their own game, they wouldn't need to steal a very simple formula for something like that. The point being, we're not asking for the nuclear codes here lol. I doubt some developer is camping the ikariam wiki waiting for this closely guarded secret to be revealed so they can finally finish their own game xD. Ahhhh that's how it's done, each additional level takes longer than the previous! Genius!

Feel free to develop your own game and make the code available to everyone. Also personally I don't get the reason why someone should be so worried about seconds or even minutes for a game which is supposed to be played for years.

• For reduction buildings, I have already collected them.

So I can stop doing those lol? I got up to level 15 on all of them on an alt account. I was also doing hideouts and pirate fortress. I don't remember if the hideout even changed, but I know the pirate fortress was never available. And I only have the first 3 levels of the dockyard.

I can give them to you if you want.

For hideout, I have already collected them too. The levels went from 32 to 60.

The Pirate fortress has not changed with last update.

For Dockyard, I have the first three levels too.

:)

• I can give them to you if you want.

For hideout, I have already collected them too. The levels went from 32 to 60.

The Pirate fortress has not changed with last update.

For Dockyard, I have the first three levels too.

If you put them on the wiki I'll see them haha.

The PF didn't have a formula on the wiki, but I'm guessing a single formula won't work for that one because there's an odd jump from lvl 10 to 11. And then again from 15 to 16, and 20 to 21, so every 5th level there's a bigger jump, except from 5 to 6.

1. 40

2. 414

3. 817

4. 1,253

5. 1,721

6. 2,228

7. 2,779

8. 3,370

9. 4,010

10. 4,702

11. 8,989

12. 10,487

13. 12,150

14. 13,997

15. 16,045

16. 30,528

17. 35,449

18. 41,058

19. 47,455

20. 54,745

21. 76,684

22. 88,880

• Feel free to develop your own game and make the code available to everyone. Also personally I don't get the reason why someone should be so worried about seconds or even minutes for a game which is supposed to be played for years.

Nobody is asking for the game code, we're asking for the math behind the build times that Ikariam publishes themselves via the in game help menu. If another game wants to steal those build times, for whatever reason, they're all right there.

You personally don't get why people are interested in doing math lol? I fail to see how that's relevant to this discussion. Why are people interested in doing anything? Clearly people are interested in this. If our quest to unlock these mysteries is bothering you, feel free to ignore us ;). Otherwise if you want to be helpful, you could let us know what those coefficients are and save us a lot of time.

• The best practice is to publish something when it is completed.

So on the wiki, I try to publish what is ready to be published.

Because of this, if you want to have information before it is published, we should exchange info.

:-)

• I fail to see how that's relevant to this discussion.

From what I remember this thread was about exactly this, even if you don't like that someone is questioning the reason for it.

Otherwise if you want to be helpful, you could let us know what those coefficients are and save us a lot of time.

Why should I disclose the data which I already mentioned above are not meant to be published? Some parts of game are specifically for players to discover themselves, including this.