(investigating) Journey time inconsistencies

• I first raised this as a side comment on ver 8.1 (I think!), when the change log gave no details on what was amended. I noticed that the time shown at the trading port differed from the one in effect at the military advisor. It wasn't just a rounding error (e.g. 3h1m Trading Port, vs. 3h18m actual journey time) and it continues to the present version. In that example, it was on a server with a shipping time bonus (Herakles .EN) and in a town with Sea Chart Archive, using Oligarchy and I wanted to know which "positive effect" wasn't being considered. I assumed that it was the Trading Port info that was/is faulty and so I didn't push the issue much.

Now, however, I've just bought a Freighter and sent it on a journey (Beta .EN). Trading port gave a time of 7h18s (not 18m), but the actual time shown at the military advisor is 1d16h (max level Sea Chart Archive, but Technocracy, so government is not impinging on the calculations). I really can't let this go unqueried, as it is so large that it would make future planning highly difficult. As noone else has raised this, I suspect it might not be a universal problem - can anybody replicate this?

• Please confirm your words with screenshots.

Ikariam since 04.09.2008

flag-ru.3325eb48.svg Delta - Vikings (-VS-) - TeAmo (TeAmo) - Pirates Of Horror (PoH) ==merge==> flag-ru.3325eb48.svg Alpha - Pirates Of Horror (PoH) - Pirate Crew (AFP)

nick ZVano

• You commented on your thread that it was a once-time-only error, right? In my case, the time is always wrong, not just sometimes. Anyway, it appears that there are several reports with similar issues since the freights were introduced.

• You commented on your thread that it was a once-time-only error, right? In my case, the time is always wrong, not just sometimes. Anyway, it appears that there are several reports with similar issues since the freights were introduced.

One issue was the one-time freighter. The other (first paragraph) is ever-present. I did not waste my time sending screenshots as all the relevant numbers were in my randomly-chosen example. I'll also add, on a slightly different note, that I just sent 5 merchant ships to pick up 2,400 goods at a small town that quotes a loading speed of 10. So, 4 hours loading, right? Well, when I first looked at time left to load, it stated over 14.5 hours. It still states over 13 hours.

• Does this still happen? Could this be related to the local time changes in the device?

Still happens all the time, Draxo. I can't see why local time would make the difference (I'm 6 hours behind Ikariam time, if that helps). It's something in the combo of Oligarchy+Sea Chart Archive+Server Bonus (Herakles, EN) that isn't being applied "live" (i.e. Military Advisor time view) as opposed to Trading Port's view, which shows lower times. Based on Jumer's comment (#3), I'd guess Oligarchy has not followed through for some reason. Unless, of course, it's the Trading Port's time that has been too generous in its display?

And as that 2nd account of mine is Godly Protection (and my main account is a different server, government), I can vouch for only Merchant Ships as showing that discrepancy, sorry.

• Does this still happen? Could this be related to the local time changes in the device?

Still happens all the time, Draxo. I can't see why local time would make the difference (I'm 6 hours behind Ikariam time, if that helps). It's something in the combo of Oligarchy+Sea Chart Archive+Server Bonus (Herakles, EN) that isn't being applied "live" (i.e. Military Advisor time view) as opposed to Trading Port's view, which shows lower times. Based on Jumer's comment (#3), I'd guess Oligarchy has not followed through for some reason. Unless, of course, it's the Trading Port's time that has been too generous in its display?

And as that 2nd account of mine is Godly Protection (and my main account is a different server, government), I can vouch for only Merchant Ships as showing that discrepancy, sorry.

the games calculates how much time is left on the journey based on the time that your device says

its just a visual thing

can you check that?

ASSINATURA-2023.png

• I know what you mean (I think); but the current time differential (ignoring time zone difference) is about 1 minute, not 17, and the "17" varies according to the length of journey too, so I'm sure it's not that. Good thought, though!