(no issue) The Helios Tower has crumbled

• I've just received the below message in my Town Mayor

The Helios Tower on the island of XXXXXX has crumbled. Only the dusty ruins testify to the existence of this once magnificent structure. The settlements on this island no longer benefit from the tower's bonus.

I was under the impression that Helios Towers were supposed to be permanent and survive account deletion / graveyarding / transfer, becoming a permanent part of the world. Has that changed? I've read the previous thread on the subject (coincidentally [?] a year ago) and there was no resolution.

• No. Not just not activated (i.e. shining), but it's now a Tower Ruin. If I hover over or click on it it prompts me to build my own Helios Tower.

• When someone transfers their account to another server, it is demolished after a 1 week countdown, and goes into their -or if you transfer your very account, your- inventory to set up on the new server. As far as i remember it's been like this since the last merge started.

You don't win silver you lose gold.

• Sounds reasonable. I think the description talks about the case if player becomes inactive and gets deleted - in that case the tower should remain to show the name of builder. But with account transfer it's a bit tricky since the tower is taken away as well and put in the inventory to be used in the target server.

• I'm not sure that that is the case here. The island is full, with no new vacancies.

Do you remember/know the helios tower's owner? The owner of the helios tower does not have to be on the same island as you for the helios tower to be demolished

You don't win silver you lose gold.

• So, I've done a bit of digging and this is indeed the desired behaviour.

After all, it is the one buying the tower who actually had all the effort and costs with it, all the others simply profited from them spending the Ambrosia to get it in the first place. It's only fair and right then for them to actually take it with them, should they leave the server. So graveyarding actually takes the tower with them and when they decide to play again, they can have their tower(s) again, as they get a token per tower they had in the process.

While I get, how that may annoy people who didn't pay for a tower but profited from one, it's not something wrong or buggy, it's the desired behaviour.

Answered in a different topic.

Therfore no issue and :closedthread:

lagu-ika_admin.jpg

Sig und Ava made by Butterfly I