How many depots / Warehouse is needed for the upgrading Palace / Governer's Residence to max level?

• Previously I have 3 warehouse + 1 depot for leveling my Palace / Governer's Residence to level 11. With the latest update, assuming maximum level of Carpenter's Workshop, how many depots / warehouse is needed to store the resources needed for upgrading Palace / Governer's Residence to max level?

With the 4 new building space, I want to do some planning ahead. Demolishing a building would cost a great lost in resource, so I don't want to be forced to do that in the future becuase I have used up all the space today.

• Hallo and Merry Christmas.

The basic cost in wood resources for a Palace or Governor's Residence is 1.015.861.754.

The maximum reduction achieved with research and Carpenter (Level 50) is 64%.

This means that the necessary capacity should be equal or larger to 365.710.231.

This capacity can be achieved with just one Level 80 Warehouse and a Level 49 Dump.

If you want to distribute the above necessary capacity to more warehouses and more dumps, then further calculations are necessary.

:)

• total capacity - 13.386.928

wood cost of the palace - 2.182.018 , liv 11 - for 12 polis

With the help of buildings that reduce the need for resources to build the building

firma-nuovo-forum.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by Luky ().

• To achieve just one level 80 warehouse is almost not possible, not impossible but better spread your needs over more than one warehouse. If you build 3 warehouses up to level 71 or 2 warehouses at level 73 even, you could even skip the dump. only the possibly building time is increasing terribly, but hey we are in a building game, so who gives a .... :P

• As far as I can remember, building durations have a hardcap of 20 days per level.

Anyway, if a player has empty spaces to spend on warehouses and / or dumps, then it can be done and spread the capacity to more warehouses and dumps.

The combination I have suggested has the minimum number of buildings with the minimum number of levels necessary.

The algorithm does not take into account the resources needed to build (warehouses and dumps) up to these levels.

I have tried to answer as simply as possible.

• One thing I remember in the prevoius version is that you don't have enough space to upgrade depot unless you have multiple warehouses at the same time. So would similar case happen again in this version? For example, is a level 48 depot providing enough storage space for resources needed to upgrade itself to level 49?

• One thing I remember in the prevoius version is that you don't have enough space to upgrade depot unless you have multiple warehouses at the same time. So would similar case happen again in this version? For example, is a level 48 depot providing enough storage space for resources needed to upgrade itself to level 49?

Go to the help menu, you can check that info.

See image attached.

• You are correct.

This is another parameter that should be considered.

Assuming that a player has completed all the necessary research + the carpenter is on Level 50, then:

- one warehouse can reach up to Level 77 if it is the only one in the city.

- one dump can reach up to Level 68 if it is the only one in the city.

• Something note is the increasing storage capacity of the warehouse and depot as levels increase.

You can get almost depot level storage in a warehouse by expanding it 8 to 10 more levels.

This also means you save huge amounts of resources needed to expand the depot, as the warehouse only needs wood and marble. Its a difference if hundreds of millions in the end stages.

If I had not already built depots, I'd not have any in my towns

From my calculations using figures from the Help section ie: research reductions included, but no Carpenter or other reducer added. Reduced by a further 50% if you have these maxed out. Conclusion still holds true...

Capacity Depot LVL 10: 458 564 Resources Used 141 617

Capacity Wareh' LVL 26: 453 637 Resources Used 944 094

Capacity Depot LVL 20: 1 632 119 Resources Used 1 246 384

Capacity Wareh' LVL 31: 1 659 690 Resources Used 1 162 585

Capacity Depot LVL 30: 4 727 939 Resources Used 7 840 749

Capacity Wareh' LVL 41: 4 979 499 Resources Used 7 343 934

Capacity Depot LVL 40: 12 838 003 Resources Used 46 164 697

Capacity Wareh' LVL 50: 13 152 172 Resources Used 38 061 159

Capacity Depot LVL 50: 33 996 997 Resources Used 269 444 994

Capacity Wareh' LVL 59: 34 646 637 Resources Used 196 785 030

Capacity Depot LVL 60: 89 190 382 Resources Used 1 581 527 106

Capacity Wareh' LVL 68: 91 366 775 Resources Used 1 016 952 385

Capacity Depot LVL 70: 233 519 956 Resources Used 9 353 198 626

Capacity Wareh' LVL 77: 241 827 374 Resources Used 5 254 970 318

Capacity Depot LVL 79: 556 109 751 Resources Used 46 590 246 372

Capacity Wareh' LVL 85: 576 887 609 Resources Used 22 624 616 037

( Capacity Depot LVL 80: 612 494 861 Resources Used 55 708 202 008)

By the time you get to a lvl 20 Depot, a lvl 31 warehouse is cheaper and holds more.

From there on, a warehouse is the better option based on the total resources needed for the capacity gained. It is also used in Piracy reward calculations and has a safe level function.

Reverence for life affords me my fundamental principle of morality.
    — Albert Schweitzer

• It really depends on what is your target. Building score (which is also part of the total score) is based on the original amount of resource used for the building (i.e. score is not affected by amount saved by building and research), so being able to use more resource in a building means you can gain more points using the same amount of space. It really comes down to if you want speed or utilizing the building space.

To me, it is actually ideal to use some crystal, wine and sulphur in building. There is limited use of crystal and sulphur in late game. I have nearly finished all the research and I am able to gather more than enough crystal and sulphur even with only 1 city producing them. (and I don't have any Optician and

Firework Test Area built, else I can get even more) Wine is critical in keeping the population, so I am always overproducing it a bit to stay safe, hence having some saving over time. Not sure if the extra ships help, but I found that I just don't have enough ships to sell them and buy resources. Using it on a building is much more time efficient.

I won't go to the depot only route neither. Warehouse safeguards a certain amount of resource, which is crucial for making sure you have enough wine to support the population under attack. 1 Warehouse + 1 Depot is a good combination.

• Quiet agree. Different goals result in different strategies.

My current goal is to get 16 colonies, with 20 being the long term plan. ( lol. very looong term plan)

I could just focus on the Palace and live with corruption in every other colony, but I prefer having none if possible. If I just build warehouses, I can put the crystal and sulphur I'd use in the depots toward the GRs/Palace. The additional 4 spaces we now have makes it easier to get by without a depot than it used to be. I had built 4 level 40 warehouses and 1 level 40 depot in every colony to allow me to max the GRs, which is now no longer necessary after the update. The 30M storage capacity is nice though!

I'm also still working on the Futures and using experiments ( or at least I will be once I get the optician on my crystal colonies maxed out,) so crystal is in demand for me.

Likewise sulphur: I still have 44 more barbarian fleets to sink for the level 6 'Sea Monster 'achievement. so that's going to be another few hundred villages to visit. And then there are all those crazy 100 000 unit production and destruction achievements, which will eat up a bit more sulphur!

If I can save a little crystal and sulphur by building only warehouses, that is worth doing for me.

Reverence for life affords me my fundamental principle of morality.
    — Albert Schweitzer

• Using reducers at max, you can have the maximum level of GR with only one Depot (if you want) at level 75, since the maximum resource requirement would be: Wood: 365,710,231.

The problem with Depot is that, itself requires 669,197,666 wood to reach level 75. So, you will need some warehouses too.

Or... just go with 2 Depots at level 68.

I did not do the math for an optimal configuration, but I would go with 3 warehouses and 1 depot, then upgrade them gradually until I reach the required limit.

The numbers I said above cost way too much for what they offer.

Edited once, last by Reaver ().

• Folks, has anyone gone above the thirteenth city, can they write how much is needed for 14 city resources and how many cities are on which resource.

d4oibcf-dba4d1dd-8bce-4601-bff4-b59549bec1de.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzBlODU4YTNhLTk5OWQtNDAyMi1hZTAyLTEzOTg0NDdhOTM2YlwvZDRvaWJjZi1kYmE0ZDFkZC04YmNlLTQ2MDEtYmZmNC1iNTk1NDliZWMxZGUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.dp2XCQk0qMZIBso58sn9BwCNveYaLxegDUiG3pvGl4M

• can they write how much is needed for 14 city resources

What are you looking for - the costs of palace or something else?

Yes, how many resources does the palace require for the fourteenth city, and do you have any recommendations on how to set them up. Can 3 cities on wine support that many cities, in case the mines are not at high levels.

d4oibcf-dba4d1dd-8bce-4601-bff4-b59549bec1de.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzBlODU4YTNhLTk5OWQtNDAyMi1hZTAyLTEzOTg0NDdhOTM2YlwvZDRvaWJjZi1kYmE0ZDFkZC04YmNlLTQ2MDEtYmZmNC1iNTk1NDliZWMxZGUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.dp2XCQk0qMZIBso58sn9BwCNveYaLxegDUiG3pvGl4M

• hard to say off the top of my head

we know what you mean "not at hight mine"??, what level do you have of town halls, taverns, museums + how many statues do you have in them, what level of wine presses do you have, where can you raise them, what are your plans for the future?....

I recommend using math and a calculator and you'll find out for yourself if you need another wine city..

how much is the 14th city??

from 14.6M to 34.9M, it matters on lvl and number of reducers in the city