Update

• Shameful update and shameful moment for Ikariam.

Yes, really shameful... not! Personally I am waiting it for long long ago...

--

It just shows that the people in charge of this game do not play it and have no intention to make it better. What is the point in releasing an untested version of the game to everybody? Why do you have a test server if not to gather feedback.

Well, we got more, but those aren't real new feature, just more capacity at all according to the new Update 8.8.0, in case you forgot/not attracted attention at all yet.

--

Maybe if you first implemented the measure on test server, and after some testing on live servers, somebody would have told the devs that introducting 200 new ships that cost increasingly more starting at 35 million is a bad idea. What is the point of having more ships if nobody can afford them?

Well, the balancing is going on, its not done yet, according to badidols announcement, if you missed it too:
    Version 8.9.0

Please be aware: this is only one of several measures we'll introduce. Upcoming versions will further address these issues.

--

Also what is the point of 4 more slots? To get rid of any strategy and decision-making? You hint at future updates with more building - then why not wait to introduce the slots with the new update? So that we get to build something to then demolish it?

No, its moved to the new max since 8.8.0 has been introduced. It's like before, having another max point to reach.

--

If 4 more slots are possible on land, and the doubling of trade ships is also possible, why not also include 1 more sea-slot? So we can build 2 ports and actually take advantage of the increased loading time?

Why not just write it here, without complaining the rest... I like this idea too!

--

Lastly, one smart option would have been to increase existing trade ship capacity with each Economic Future research. This way the research would be a lot more attractive, and would incentivize people to chose strategically between this and other research.

Well, I see it differently. You have a strategy point here: Stop any material production in order to gain gold for new ships or vise versa.

--

The game is dead. Long live the game.

Travelers should not be stopped (Reisende sollte man nicht aufhalten)
    --

Can't wait to see top 50 players spend billions of gold amount tomorrow :P

There are players with over 10B gold. They're still going to have billions left over.

Thats not true, the total costs from 181th-380th ship is 34,9B, almost 35B gold.

GUARANA - светско, а наше!

• Changes are good. It is likely that at this moment none of us knows exactly what the people in the company have planned for the future.

I think that the four new places in the city are not a coincidence, I think that some important buildings will arrive through the next update, so it is important that we now organize the schedule of everything well and wait for the next changes.

Ships are expensive, extremely expensive, but it is certainly better to have the option to buy them than not to have one.

I think that over time we will see what the game brings to us, but I am certainly one of the players who looks forward to the innovations, because this is just an indication that the game still has a lot of good things to offer, in a way they made it easier but also moved it limits for those who want to be the most powerful.

d4oibcf-dba4d1dd-8bce-4601-bff4-b59549bec1de.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzBlODU4YTNhLTk5OWQtNDAyMi1hZTAyLTEzOTg0NDdhOTM2YlwvZDRvaWJjZi1kYmE0ZDFkZC04YmNlLTQ2MDEtYmZmNC1iNTk1NDliZWMxZGUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.dp2XCQk0qMZIBso58sn9BwCNveYaLxegDUiG3pvGl4M

• I think this is a great move forward to putting Ikariam in a better place as a game.

the addition of more towns, more ships and more spaces in your towns will allow for people to play in different avenues. Gone are the days of having to build your account to some specific spec, now for a price (Resources, Ambrosia, Time) you can actually make your account a nice hybrid of Merchant, Warrior and Builder.

Adding the new spaces allows you to hold all 3 Depots and the 5 warehouses within your towns which makes it easier to hold all the resources necessary for some GR upgrades. I like that, even though some of those GR upgrades are unrealistic for a Solo player.

That's also something to touch on, the complaint that players can't reach certain things on their own. Well, I believe that should be a good thing. If you need billions upon billions of resources or gold, your going to have to try harder to get it. Whether that be in Piracy, Trading, etc. The idea you should be able to produce and construct these massive sprawling empires by yourself shouldn't be a thing. Same with the additional ships, either purchase with ambrosia or work harder to get the necessary gold to buy it.

Now on to some of my suggestions and thoughts:

I believe a Global war server would be the best thing for this game. I think it would allow Gold pillaging to return on a grander scale and to a larger group of players because well, everyone would be able to access this server and cut their teeth. I agree with others who've posted on this thread in the past that Gold pillaging is a shining feature that should return on a bigger level. I also believe that once a Global war server is introduced, that badges should be brought back. Similar to Piracy, I feel there should be a Monthly or Quarterly mini-game on a war server that allows the earning of Badges (a feature I haven't really seen put to use) for alliances with the highest Offensive Points, Gauntlet wars won, Trading done, etc. This promotes activity.

On the topic of Global servers, is it not possible to increase islands on a given server? Why do we have multiple Pangaia servers if it is? If it isn't possible I can completely understand but on the off chance that islands can be increased, perhaps that would be the right move especially if a Global war server were introduced. Forcing players into one single system or world would be best for business in my opinion, as it forces a sort of community to form around the world instead of it being just another account to plop yourself on. And yes, I totally understand not wanting to face accounts that are far ahead of you in advancement, but that's why alliances are a thing. You form yourself up with other players and face a threat or find ways to defeat them on your own. I believe one formal world would be more competitive (in the vein of a Global war server) than several more worlds being introduced.

• no one in the game can reach 380 ships

I can assure you that it's possible, and also for more than just a few players. And nobody, literally nobody has told that you have to get them all at once right now.

It's definitely possible. I will reach it! I am planning on it!

Almost there.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• hahah bu güncelleme çok komik

Şirkette düşünebilen çalışanlar var mı?

Oyunda hiç kimse 380 gemiye ulaşamıyor

How much gold could a player with 51,383,735 generals do this? If the general accumulates that much gold for points, it is possible to buy 200 ships.

9cj9lE.jpg

• Dear Masterchief, the name of the game is Ikariam. Not Instantgratificationariam.

Ikariam has always been a tanker, not a speedboat. Granted, with recent changes some things have been seemingly made even longer, but what you're not taking into account is the fact that we're constantly pushing new updates to complete the bigger picture here. In the end it'll all make sense with boosters and new buildings and much more.

You can of course continue insulting us, if you please. If you push it too far, I'll simply remove your from the equation, that's all.

If you feel like my response is somewhat rude, I'd suggest to take a good look at how YOU stepped into this drama triangle and evaluate, whether your initial entrance could've been a bit less provocative.

Dear badidol this ikariam. not time traviling

The ship and its capacity have been a problem for many years, I just expected a nicer and more useful update.

I don't want to move tens of millions of resources from one city to another for months, anyway, collecting resources is an ordeal, but transporting them becomes even more ordeal.

• You have read and understood exactly nothing of what I wrote, proving that your sole intent here is to rant and flame.

You'll have to play that game without me, I'm sorry.

pcmIK.jpg

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• This update means that I will be looking forward to buying more Ambrosia - and thus funding the game - the next time a +80% or +100% (XMas / New Year) offer comes along.

• srbinas

No point in responding to each of your individual responses. If you played ikariam for long enough, you would remember the time when we had MUCH less building slots (6 less) and many buildings that were mandatory, as opposed to now (like the hideout). Those were the best times of Ikariam, and that is not just my opinion, it is supported by facts: those were the times with the most players in the game.

Strategy does not mean "stopping all production to gain gold". Strategy means optimizing variables to get the best outcome. There is no optimization to do now, as you can build all the buildings on all your cities.

All the changes since then transformed the game into a farming simulator. Obviously, you are free to like it, as I am to dislike it, and I am free to stop playing it. But stop pretending like this is a good update, as the number of players has been in steady decline for many years, as the game changes more and more towards farmville.

• Those were the best times of Ikariam, and that is not just my opinion, it is supported by facts: those were the times with the most players in the game.

Not every comparison makes sense. Those were also the times at the very beginning. Many years have passed since then and over time games lose players. Even those with constant updates and constantly renewed content. That's a non-argument right there. Sure 2008 we had a lot more players than now. The game started in 2008. Since then 14 years have passed, though. Many games don't even exist anymore after such a time. Many get shut down after 2 or 3 years.

All the changes since then transformed the game into a farming simulator. Obviously, you are free to like it, as I am to dislike it, and I am free to stop playing it. But stop pretending like this is a good update, as the number of players has been in steady decline for many years, as the game changes more and more towards farmville.

That is utter nonsense, pardon my French.

You could make the exact opposite point about getting attacked far too often, thus losing interest in the game, because you can't build anything up in peace. As a matter of fact, I do get such complaints regularly. Not everyone is a fighter and raider and interested in as much fighting as possible. Maybe try remembering that next time: not everyone loves your playstyle.

The steady decline has nothing to do with any "changes towards farmville", it has everything to do with the unfortunate fact that for years and years in a row we didn't have what we're now having again: continuous development.

pcmIK.jpg

• The steady decline has nothing to do with any "changes towards farmville", it has everything to do with the unfortunate fact that for years and years in a row we didn't have what we're now having again: continuous development.

So be it. I hope the continuous development will help the game and improve it. Time will tell.

• many thanks.

How many ambrosia is the other ship?

The costs for the Ambrosia ships are repeating twice!

Costs for 1-40 Ambrosia ships are 1586 Ambrosia.
    and Costs for 41-80 Ambrosia ships are, suprise suprise another 1586 Ambrosia.

3172 Ambrosia in total.

Note: Once reached buying the 40th Ambrosia ship for 17 ambrosia, the cost for the 41st will be resettet again to the very first 74 ambrosia.

The Screenshot below counts for ship 1-40 and 41-80 (obtained from @TheGodfather) >>>
    72945-pasted-from-clipboard-png

GUARANA - светско, а наше!

• The steady decline has nothing to do with any "changes towards farmville", it has everything to do with the unfortunate fact that for years and years in a row we didn't have what we're now having again: continuous development.

This.

• many thanks.

B9YvK.png

“Gerektiği zaman hadsize haddini bildirmek, 40 yetime kaftan giydirmekten üstündür.”