Update

• :) Dude, before we started closing the island groups with the 17th construction sites, the players would enter the list with what we call castle smuggling and ladder building to the far corners of the map. When you send a colony to attack with a 30+ level sea chart archive building, 100% posidon temple and 300% triton jet engine in pirate, there is no place you can't reach in 2 hours, assuming you are at 50 50 coordinates.

_______________________________________2x6h3pn.gif______________________________

• :) Dude, before we started closing the island groups with the 17th construction sites, the players would enter the list with what we call castle smuggling and ladder building to the far corners of the map. When you send a colony to attack with a 30+ level sea chart archive building, 100% posidon temple and 300% triton jet engine in pirate, there is no place you can't reach in 2 hours, assuming you are at 50 50 coordinates.

This is strategy game. Should we be closed to innovations in the game? One player uses it for war, another for transporting cargo, getting troops on the black market, another for locking in the pirate.

9cj9lE.jpg

• What forgotten building?

I don't understand the question.

the nautical charts archive is not visible in premium the builder table, so it was not maximized. The builder has been added to the table with version 8.8.1. This is the forgotten building. Sea charts are currently at 40 levels, maxing out, bringing distant islands closer will be of great benefit to players.

with the increase to the number of towns anyone who doesn't have dolphin.. should

Infact there's no reason for anyone not to have unlimited forge AND dolphin without sacrifice.

dolphin would cut your time in half.

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• The only sacrifice would be the massive gold drain (aside from the building space for the temple). You need to make 1/5 of your citizens into priests for the miracle to work at lvl 5. For me the would be 1.000 per city or a loss of 3.000 g/h! If I want unlimited forge AND dolphin (without theocracy) I'd need to build temples in 13 cities and lose 39.000 gold per hour. That's almost a million each day and for me just not worth it. Even the 18.000 g/h for the flipper isn't worth it for me. I often get the impression, that a lot of the people that talk about how good miracles are, dont have really high level town halls.

If you're after the high score, you'll avoid building temples.

Lg

Boros

• How does game forces you to have 20 (freaking) cities?

This is my main problem with most of the complaints. You have the option to expand but you don't have to at all. Nothing is being taken away from the game, only added. I'm satisfied with the new update.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but in your vision it's ok to add new content that most players won't achieve? The argument "it's there but nobody forces you to get it" is wrong and you know it. It's new content, players want to get it. Again, nobody asks to get it in 2 days, but in a decent amount of time.

Well, I don't know it, so please clarify it for me, more politely if possible.

I have 12 towns, but couldn't build the L48 trading port pre ver 8.8, because I don't have 4 warehouses and the depot. I could have demolished a building, built up the warehouse, done the upgrade, redemolished the warehouse for whichever higher scoring building I got rid of and reinstate that building. All for 1 level. Now I can just do something else. For free potentially. If I want 2 or 3 TV channels which come in a bundle of 50, that means all the rest of the bundle has no value to me. Yet it costs money. I don't feel obligated to watch the other channels.

There are plenty of building levels I'll never see in my lifetime, however long it takes to construct them. Come to that, there are plenty of actual buildings I'll never end up with, but I don't want enough building spaces to construct them all - building skill has been reduced enough already in the game without making it yet easier. The reason most German board games are so good is that when it comes to your turn, you want to do more things in that turn than you are allowed to. It is the key to tactics and skill. I'm quite good at some board games and stink at others. But the ones giving restrictions to the choices are the ones that resonate with me.

• different strokes, different folks.

First I've heard of people choosing gold over those 2 miracles.. but to each his own.

• Well, with gold you can buy ressources which you can use to build stuff and get points. The miracles on the other hand? Forge is only useful if your fighting (and even then only if you care about the kill rate). The flipper is a pure convenience thing (granted it's VERY convenient). And the rest are completely useless.

So yeah, for a builder (or anyone who wants to get ahead in the highscore) using miracles is a constant ressource drain, that doesnt generate any points at all. Didn't think that needed to be spelled out.

Lg

Boros

• The miracles on the other hand? Forge is only useful if your fighting (and even then only if you care about the kill rate). The flipper is a pure convenience thing (granted it's VERY convenient). And the rest are completely useless.

Forge is a must if you are fighting. Poseidon is indeed very convenient but is also a must in war to wave more quickly and a must if you are into trading: it gets you there far faster. Colossus is insurance. The rest? I agree.

• The miracles on the other hand? Forge is only useful if your fighting (and even then only if you care about the kill rate). The flipper is a pure convenience thing (granted it's VERY convenient). And the rest are completely useless.

Forge is a must if you are fighting. Poseidon is indeed very convenient but is also a must in war to wave more quickly and a must if you are into trading: it gets you there far faster. Colossus is insurance. The rest? I agree.

Eh, I've fought and won whole wars without a forge (especially on the older servers, where you can only find them on sulphur islands). For fighting the most important factors are online time and how much troops you can produce and retain. The forge is only there for that little bit extra, when you're fighting a true peer opponent (and a lot of "fighters" avoid fighting peer opponents anyway). Trading I'l give you, but for waving? A battle round takes 15min, no matter what and your waves need to arrive within that timeframe. Wave takes 15min to arrive? You send them just bevore a round starts.It's a simple matter of timing. Granted, poseidon might make it easier if your running your waves from the next island over. But I'd call that a pure convenience again. I have seen the colossus put to good use in wars, but actually not as often as one would think. Ultimately it's deterrance or insurance like you said, and half the time having your cities on a colossus island is almost as good as actually having the temple ready to use 24/7.

Lg

Boros

• Where I come from the most important thing is showing a CR with you winning on damages.

A green CR won via sheer numbers but loosing on damages is not considered a win.

So forge is a must and can not really be made up with waving tactics and is completely moot if the other side is also waving.

Colossus is useful in emergencies, I have fought colossus heavy players, there are ways of dealing with it as an attacker, so caution must be used to avoid over exposing your self but ultimately the colossus players simply loose less slowly rather than win.

it is good at clearing towns though so it's good to have at "1" but with the expansion of the towns to 21 I see no reason not to have 24/7 forge, dolphin and the rest in colossus, some players will choose to go for 21 colossus towns.

This will make it extremely hard to attack those players AT ALL esp if they have a high level wall.

by my math 21 colossus will give you a 2hr 45min cool down which will be extremely difficult to attack these players as you can delay that long with minimal MS thru various tricks so the builders should be wetting their paints in excitement.

@Boros

No the gold expenditure does NOT need explaining, Remember you responded to my post when I was talking to "BiLGeMeN" not you.

They wanted a higher sea charts, guess what, sea charts also takes up a building spot.. and dolphin is more powerful as it literally cuts time in half.

I was offering "THEM" a solution.. not YOU.

If you choose not to spend the gold on teh temple that is by all means.. YOUR choice..

P.S BTW dolphin is not just for fighters, it's probably the most universally useful wonder as it cuts yoru travel time in half.

when you need to move millions of goods from town to town, you'll see the benefit.

although if you have all your towns on 1 or 2 islands it's less useful but a smart player is always hunting for inactives for resources.

imagine a juicy target is 2 hours away, you save 2 hours and can pillage more. you'll pay for your priests easily if you have a steady supply

• I like how everyone writes and calculates 21 cities as if they should deliver it tomorrow, I'm a top builder and I don't dare to say that I'll even start working on the 13th city this year (the cost of saving buildings is almost 300 million)

13. cities another 125M,

14. cities 250M

15th city 500M+

= only 15 cities 1,150 miles of resources

21 cities - rough estimate = 65,000,000,000

top annual production 500-1000 mil

21 cities with the current state of the game = 65-130 years,

good luck building 21 colossi

• I'm a top builder and I don't dare to say that I'll even start working on the 13th city this year (the cost of saving buildings is almost 300 million)

Likewise. You need a base of 18 million resources for a Palace / GR 12. The 64% reduction on all resources when building all 5 reducers means about 6.5 million resources, plus whatever you use to build those reducers. That's going to be about 100 million resourcesto upgrade all 12 of my current towns. And don't forget the time taken and resources used to build those reducers. Which takes me into next year. If you're an ambrosia user it's a nice question whether to build a reducer and to what level to build them (the upper levels are seriously spendy for something you're going to demolish) or use ambrosia to convert. I'm wondering about building 2-3 levels of Palace / GR at a time. That should keep me occupied for a year or so.

• I'm a top builder and I don't dare to say that I'll even start working on the 13th city this year (the cost of saving buildings is almost 300 million)

Likewise. You need a base of 18 million resources for a Palace / GR 12. The 64% reduction on all resources when building all 5 reducers means about 6.5 million resources, plus whatever you use to build those reducers. That's going to be about 100 million resourcesto upgrade all 12 of my current towns. And don't forget the time taken and resources used to build those reducers. Which takes me into next year. If you're an ambrosia user it's a nice question whether to build a reducer and to what level to build them (the upper levels are seriously spendy for something you're going to demolish) or use ambrosia to convert. I'm wondering about building 2-3 levels of Palace / GR at a time. That should keep me occupied for a year or so.

if you have full reducer, and you take a GR from 0 to 13, you save -53.546.776,56 resources

i think they worthy

i dont think that palace 13 is that far away

ASSINATURA-2023.png

• No, but it looks like 15 or 16 should be doable in a reasonably short order.

and your point is what? that we're having this conversation now instead of later or that it's impossible to obtainable and there for not a valid talking point?

Let's pretend this is 10 years from now or what ever time span in which you feel is appropriate to have achieved this.

now what do you have to say? Will you have anything to say at all? I'd assume not.

• There were enough complaints, they changed the building times... They allowed us to get the reducers built up higher and the production buildings built up.

They say they will fix the issue of enough cargo ships, I'm waiting to see what they do there.

I don't think they will make the buildings themselves substantially less costly in resources to build any time soon... They want the update to have SOME shelf life.

I do think it would be nice to see a couple added building spots... Considering at least 4 spots are going to be tied up by storage buildings, and the reducers will take up several others... We need to be able to play a bit through these decades of building up our cities.

That's the thing... We shouldn't have to go into full dedicated builder mode to be able to expand cities... Building buildings, with the plan to tear them down and perhaps have to knock other buildings down later for a potential future update? That is ridiculous... To build EVERYTHING and leave it alone would require about 25 building spots... Even with a couple more would still require making choices.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

Truth is my weapon. Knowledge is my armor. Wisdom is my strategist. Love is my warrior...

Quote by Matshona Dhliwayo

"Why must you always chase after dragons?"

"Because they are the ones that have all the gold"

-Overheard conversation in a decrepit cantina

"Why do Dragons hoard gold?"

"Simply to flex on other sapient species"

-Overheard conversation between scholar's apprentices

RIP over 1,700 posts that I left behind on the old forums

• no it's not, but as I wrote the construction of full reducers costs almost 300M and takes almost 50 days (provided you have 3x lvl 32 reducers in the city at the beginning) = to maintain continuous construction in all cities you need an income of 6M wood and marble per day, that it's impossible even in theory) with a supply of raw materials of 3M/day you get to 100 days of construction, you have something in stock, so 2.5-3 months before you even start building residences..

I already said what I wanted:

it is pointless to count on 21 cities and maximum building levels when it is impossible to achieve even theoretically during this century,

lower the claims and expect 15-16 cities this decade and only for ultra (+patient) builders

There were enough complaints, they changed the building times... They allowed us to get the reducers built up higher and the production buildings built up.

I'm not complaining, I'm just counting and pointing at the numbers, I have no problem adapting, I like the new version, no one will have everything and to the maximum, everyone has to choose what they want and build as far as they can..

I do think it would be nice to see a couple added building spots... Considering at least 4 spots are going to be tied up by storage buildings, and the reducers will take up several others... We need to be able to play a bit through these decades of building up our cities.

That's the thing... We shouldn't have to go into full dedicated builder mode to be able to expand cities... Building buildings, with the plan to tear them down and perhaps have to knock other buildings down later for a potential future update? That is ridiculous... To build EVERYTHING and leave it alone would require about 25 building spots... Even with a couple more would still require making choices.

no, no, just no, new places are not needed, you want to build more, sacrifice something and demolish..

15 cities = 1x lvl 38 depot

16 cities = 1x lvl 43 depot

17 cities = 2x lvl 43 depot

18 cities = 3x lvl 45 depot

we have 15 construction sites, i want 16 cities

I need: 5x resource saving, 2x mining support, 1x palace, museum, tavern, depot = 11/15 slots = you have 4 free slots for anything! !

possibly for some basic safe capacity

+ 1x warehouse = 12/15 = you have 3 free slots for anything

what is considered??

barracks, shelter, market, black market, temple, archive - none of the buildings need to be everywhere

why isn't there an academy?? I assume that everyone who embarks on such a project already has the research done, if not, his problem is that he has been coughing on it for years..

for me, the question of building 16 cities is very simple (except for the collection of the necessary raw materials) and does not bring any significant choice to the player, you can actually have cities absolutely all-round (economy, combat, faith, trade) focused and still reach 16 cities.

there is no question of what I won't build so that I can build another city, or what combination of buildings is the most efficient in my case for a specific thing..

Edited once, last by darvit ().

• You are presuming that people want to build that way... Hideouts are fairly important... Especially for someone like you, with barely any protected resources from warehouses.

However, some of us see advantages to the resource reducers and recognize that we will see changes in future updates... They have changed storage capacities of buildings several times. It takes long enough to build buildings up ONCE. Not all of us want to max out building a building several times... Especially with how expensive they are to do that with... I have already gone through the cycle once to build up depots to max lvl to smash them after building up 11th gr's... I'm not fond of the idea of doing it again. Building up those warehouses wasn't particularly fun, either, but at least they serve a residual purpose of having safe limits for storage.

So. lets take a look... Four warehouses, 5 reducers, a luxury resource production building, a hideout, GR/Palace, tavern and museum. That leaves a single building spot for a Forester, Sea chart archive, barracks, academy, embassy, trading post, depot, temple, workshop or black market.

There is plenty of room for variation between cities and making choices within that. I believe it is far more reasonable to ask for a couple building spots, than it is to ask for them to further reduce the building costs... To make it more palatable for buildings to be more acceptable to view as disposable.

Some people will be fine in smashing warehouses and losing the advantages in keeping them. The same applies to reducers. Some won't.

A couple more building spots allows for different styles of account design. Different strategies. Developing these accounts is already inefficient, to keep us playing for decades. Even adding two building spots only helps so much. Each city would still need to be forced to decide what you want to do with it or accept inherent vulnerabilities.

I see that you play one way, the point is not everyone plays the same way and there should be enough room for variation to allow for a lot of different ideas to be tested. The cookie cutter idea, where all the accounts are the same, outside of building placement went out the window a long time ago (thank god). No one wants that again, least of all me.

It keeps it interesting and allows for different strategies. The way I build an account today is vastly different from when I started the game.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

Truth is my weapon. Knowledge is my armor. Wisdom is my strategist. Love is my warrior...

Quote by Matshona Dhliwayo

"Why must you always chase after dragons?"

"Because they are the ones that have all the gold"

-Overheard conversation in a decrepit cantina

"Why do Dragons hoard gold?"

"Simply to flex on other sapient species"

-Overheard conversation between scholar's apprentices

RIP over 1,700 posts that I left behind on the old forums