Update

• they've already said there are premium options for the build times... aka ambrosia.

they might scale them back a bit but the times was already high on top buildings before this update.. they're unlikely to drop them back to a time you'd be agreeable with someone mentioned 30 day cap.. doubtful.. the intent here is to push you into buying ambrosia without technically making it mandatory I suppose.

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• How about upgrading more than one building at a time?

Let's say 4 upgrades to work at the same time in one town. And, of course, each of them having 4 upgrades in queue with ambrosia, so 16 upgrades in queue with ambrosia.

Otherwise, be prepared to give the account to your children and grandchildren and grandgrandchildren to get close to half of the development. 43years for one warehouse only from level 1 to 85?

This will become a game for many many generations... :)

• I have a serious question.. how much longer does GF expect the game to be in service?

or let me ask it a different way.

Let's assume I spend no ambrosia, let's assume I have unlimited resources and all buildings build back to back.

if someone started a new account today with the current patch considered, how long would it take to completely cap the towns and buildings?

I'll wait.

and yes this IS serious question.. as sarcastic as it might be.

• Really? I have 90M. Same as both of you together. :D
    So I think I know what I am talking about. ;)
    I can't build for years. I know what the max player is capable of. So I think I can tell what is possible and what is not.

Only 15th city means at least double what I (or both of you) have in points. ;)

• You will not have resources to build it anyway. There is no need to reduce times, because you would not have resources.
    And if you can buy resources, you can buy speed of building time. ;)

• As an IT i can assume that an ikariam server (IS) run as a virtual machine (VM) on a physical machine (PM) with other VM.

An IS with very low Active player (like actual old IS) doesn't Need so much PM resource consumption, so Is not so much expensive for GF to keep up IS alive.

IMHO ikariam Will survive until there are some other GF game, or server, that are more profitable

3827-35ac083385c7c103a9b39fcc84fcfea45c038128.jpg

I pirati sono un bypass al pushing

• I agree on both counts.

I mentioned this before, but now that they see this, one would think sanity would prevail, and they'd adjust values.

Increase maximum Ship quantity and capacity.

Adjust timers to be somewhere between this and speed servers

Able to build more than one building at a time, if resources are available (could make this a research to achieve)

Add more building spaces, including 1 on the seacoast of the town.

Allow warehouses and depots to be built in seacoast spaces.

And from a cosmetic perspective, allow players to move buildings in town, as long as there is at least one open space to move to.. All these extra storage buildings are going to completely change the "look and feel" of players' towns. And if you lose that sense of "buy-in" from players, you're gonna lose those players.

• and with what and with how many resources do you think you can do all this together?

You will not have resources to build it anyway. There is no need to reduce times, because you would not have resources.

No one says you have to start all 4 upgrades at the same time!

For example, in one month of a minor 4 months upgrade time you will gather resources for a second building upgrade and you should have the possibility to start it and gain 3 months waiting time otherwise you can lose the resources.

• I think many of us are missing the point.

I'm of the belief that many of the things we are complaining about are effectively soft caps.

Too few ships to be able to move the resources around

Astronomical amounts of resources to build certain things

Build times that can last long enough that we'd need to place our accounts in our last will and testament for future generations to complete.

I think that we are only allowed to develop so far and fast is entirely by design. It's pretty clear that they want to observe how it goes, before things get too far out of hand; if they don't like the results. It's easier to stop things dead in their tracks, than it is to take things away that were paid for in real world money. You can always open the flood gates later.... But, once the water is rushing, it's pretty freaking hard to get it back on the other side of the dam.

After seeing the results of this, they can always (in a later update) give us more boats or adjust build times. I'd like to see an extra building spot or three, but not holding my breath for it to get added this time around. They have enough to do tweaking what this monstrosity already does and how it does it. At best, we might hope to see other changes in other updates.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

Truth is my weapon. Knowledge is my armor. Wisdom is my strategist. Love is my warrior...

Quote by Matshona Dhliwayo

"Why must you always chase after dragons?"

"Because they are the ones that have all the gold"

-Overheard conversation in a decrepit cantina

"Why do Dragons hoard gold?"

"Simply to flex on other sapient species"

-Overheard conversation between scholar's apprentices

RIP over 1,700 posts that I left behind on the old forums

• I thought about this too.
    It is same for some players even now. When you build depot for example.
    I thought about the same problem during merge and Donation wood. I couldn't build anything and i couldn't spend wood before I spent the Donation from previous server. It was no problem for me, because there was 12 hours per level and I donated everything before moving. So it was only about three weeks for me and i had Warehouse capacity for it.
    For players who moved after this "12 hour" period it was harder. They could have more than 1 bilion donated and have to wait for uprage sawmill for 10+ days. And where to put the wood you gathered?

Anyway, in building time you can move the resources to other town and build there.
    So I kno what you mean but it is not strictly necessary. you will not have building time more than month (or two) for years. And during this "few months" you can gather wood in storage (it will not be 2,5 or 5M with ambrosia as now, but it will be 20M+).
    Then you can build another level and still you will not have enough recoursed gathered anyway.

So maybe 2 building-rows per town. But not 4!!!

• The fact you have 90m just proves my point that what is practical for one is not impossible for another..

what was your point again?

• I think many of us are missing the point.

I'm of the belief that many of the things we are complaining about are effectively soft caps.

Too few ships to be able to move the resources around

Not lost on me, I said right from the start, people want mechanics changes, not more grind.. most people I know have not ran into walls when it comes to building.

• Well, I expect that one of 3 things will happen

• Build times will span multiple generations to develop a city
    • People will decide to be patient, wait for the next major change and build what is practical within the current confines of the game.
    • A small subset of players will finance a new home for one or more owners of Game Forge, in the process of showing the world they can build what they want.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

Truth is my weapon. Knowledge is my armor. Wisdom is my strategist. Love is my warrior...

Quote by Matshona Dhliwayo

"Why must you always chase after dragons?"

"Because they are the ones that have all the gold"

-Overheard conversation in a decrepit cantina

"Why do Dragons hoard gold?"

"Simply to flex on other sapient species"

-Overheard conversation between scholar's apprentices

RIP over 1,700 posts that I left behind on the old forums

• What's the life expectation in your Country? I'd like to finish some buildings before dieing...

Jokes aside, IMHO this new changes are worst than doing nothing. It loks like that you just changed some random values in the server configuration and that makes me feel quite angry, I feel fooled.

Of course I'd be happy to have more building levels, but the Community has been asking (loudly) for many years to increase the velocity of the game.

What do you think our feedback would have been by inserting buildings that takes years to level up?! You planned no ship speed increases, no extra ships, nothing to increase the velocity.

Even before that change to level up one building level you need a lot of days (or even monthes) of preparation, you need to move tons of resources from a city to another, and then in like 4-5 days you get the new level; and then we start again. We do want to have more ships and to move more resources, to increase resource production speed, to have less moving times among the islands, in short, not to wait decades.

I'm actually fed up to wait so much time only to get, for example, a +70 happiness in one city.

The conclusion to this new version to me is that I have to stop levelling up buildings, that is going to be a never ending story, if you don't understand that this is not what the Community wants we should take note...

badidol

• Some info for when this version will be in all servers (aprox) ?

"Pero que tendrá este país que cuanto más tonto eres llegas más alto." Ernesto Jiménez - El Ministerio del Tiempo

• Dear badidol

if a simple increase in the possible levels of buildings has generated all this interest, can you imagine what would happen and what economic return and enthusiasm there would be if the GF decided to introduce some real game innovations ?

new types of units ?

new types of buildings ?

new battle systems ?

new alliance systems ?

all new suggestions accumulated over years and approved in the appropriate section of the forum ?

think about it ....

firma-nuovo-forum.jpg

• Draxo

Fantastic

I point you to the moon ... the stars ... the galaxies! And you look at my finger?

It is obvious that what you did with the new version was very simple and very cheap, and it is obvious that the changes I am talking about would require investment.

But I believe that these investments would be amply repaid and that the GF would gain a lot!

Certainly looking at a finger is easier and less demanding ...

;)

firma-nuovo-forum.jpg