Update

• the lowest prices should be brought to the actual cost of that unit

thats cheaper than now my friend

i dont think the price matters

only 1% of the gold dissapears

some players are storing soldiers and ships. They threaten other players by cheating. they sell these warehouse accounts for money on their social media groups and pages. Black market unit selling prices need to change. or accounts should be able to go on vacation again after 3 days when they return from vacation.

_______________________________________2x6h3pn.gif______________________________

• What about Ikariam phone application ?

Something could be done about it.

It doesn't work with new phones at all.

A couple of pages ago there was a detailed answer. Get it:

Been there, done that. Development was halted and completely stopped a few years ago.

The major problem with Android here is that Android changes far too much with every major update. Unlike iOS, for which you can build a version once and it has a good chance of working for several years without you having to change anything in your app, on Android your app may stop working completely even inbetween major versions, depending on Android's changes. That's just far too much effort for something that was only ever meant as a companion app but never was meant to replace the actual BROWSERGAME Ikariam. That's just far too much effort, which we can't currently invest. Gameforge has left mobile completely a few years ago and with very, very few exceptions we've never ventured back in. We may, in future, revisit this but for now the answer remains: the Android app is gone and will stay gone.

Ikariam since 04.09.2008

flag-ru.3325eb48.svg Delta - Vikings (-VS-) - TeAmo (TeAmo) - Pirates Of Horror (PoH) ==merge==> flag-ru.3325eb48.svg Alpha - Pirates Of Horror (PoH) - Pirate Crew (AFP)

nick ZVano

• The boosters change according to the island, when I move my city on the island of Sulfur to marble, I have to demolish the alchemy tower and build a marble workshop. Billions of resources spent on the alchemy tower and 240 days to bring it back to the final level.

It would be a nice and useful update for the augmenting and subtracting buildings to change according to the characteristics of that island in these relocations.

9cj9lE.jpg

• If you want to move the city with ambro, just rebuild it. ;)
    There was no option to relocate the city by ambro at the start of the game.
    You have the option to relocate it by paying it (and very cheap).
    Destroying one building is pretty cheap.

And it is not billions. It is about few milions, if you have 32lvl. Nobody have the 50lvl or more and you didn't talk about this new version. ;)

• And it is not billions. It is about few milions, if you have 32lvl. Nobody have the 50lvl or more and you didn't talk about this new version. ;)

The payback time for level 30+ boosters just isn't worth it unless you're building them from looted resources. Hopefully Gameforge will tweak the mines to increase production.

• @Badmaniak Its too sweeping statement for user like me, who had almost the max before 8.8.0. The best way to avoid rebuild time is, just move your city with Ambrosia... nothing else, and I am saving 99,9999999% time collecting resources, rebuilding it for almost 1 year (Dump lvl 40, 2 Warehouses lvl 40, etc., tavern lvl 47, etc.).

GUARANA - светско, а наше!

• And it is not billions. It is about few milions, if you have 32lvl. Nobody have the 50lvl or more and you didn't talk about this new version. ;)

The payback time for level 30+ boosters just isn't worth it unless you're building them from looted resources. Hopefully Gameforge will tweak the mines to increase production.

It does not even matter where you have those resources. Here, is about rewarding. Because, you invest resources and you expect to get them back plus more.

So, a booster payback time depends ONLY on the resource mine level.

For example, on my most productive island, I calculated the payback of a level 26 booster and its 472 days. I don't really care where do I have those resources, because that many days it will take me to take back the invested resources (which could be used for something else). Only starting with day 473, this investment will start producing.

The maths behind this:

- resource base production: 1400 (which mean that a booster level will give back 28 per hour, or 672 per day)

- level 26 upgrade: 317,508 total resources

- Days to regain the invested resources: 317,508 / 672 = 472.5 (almost a year and a half!!!)

Do you think this upgrade of the booster is worth? I do not...

And I am talking about level 26, not even 32 or 33+ (which was introduced with this upgrade).

So, only if you are lucky to sit on an island that produces more resources so that a booster upgrade will reward you back with the investment in less than a year, then I can tell that the upgrade is worth.

L.E.: I redone the math with another city on the same island (but with higher reduction buildings: 47 for wood and 48 for marble) and the payback in days is smaller, but still huge: 405 days :(

Edited once, last by Reaver ().

• @Badmaniak Its too sweeping statement for user like me, who had almost the max before 8.8.0. The best way to avoid rebuild time is, just move your city with Ambrosia... nothing else, and I am saving 99,9999999% time collecting resources, rebuilding it for almost 1 year (Dump lvl 40, 2 Warehouses lvl 40, etc., tavern lvl 47, etc.).

And I had the max before 8.8.0. ;)
    So I know what I am talking about.
    Rebuild lvl32 resource building is not that hard. Now it is different, but as for other buildings or miracles or islands you have to choose wisely.
    And not relocating "just for fun".

I know you want to change on marble because new versions and higher level buildings. You can.
    Wise persons did that earlier.

Or you don't have to change the resource island type and you can just change via ambro.

Changing resource building automatically is just nonsense.

• We didn't talking about payback. ;)
    I think I would have payback even for level 40 now. But I will stay on 32.

We were talking about changing islands and changing resource building with it. It is nonsense. Everybody could change whatever he want for few ambrosias.

And please don't talk about "lucky island". You have to donate it to get it back. ;)

• Yeah, I know you were talking about changing island types. Been there myself, when I moved a city from wine to marble and realized I have to demolish my 32 level wine booster. Now, when upgrading the marble booster I did the math and came to a conclusion that level 25 is more than enough.

And this is because level 26+ will take you more than a year to over-compensate the resouce investment.

My reply was actually to Quartz, which said that a booster upgrade is worth if you have the resources from loot. Which I disagree. Investing resources from loot into 26+ boosters, while my GR are just halting? While I could invest in them and found a new colony way sooner than a year, which could bring me much more resource income than a freaking booster?

• Let me run the numbers for one of my towns: it currently produces 2329 Wine with a level 32 Winery. To upgade to a level 33 Winery will cost 1,026,417 BM + 568,823 Marble or 1,595,240 resources. It will net me +25 Wine per hour. To recoup the cost will take me 63,809 hours or 2,659 days. That's over 7 years. Not worth it.

• I understand it.
    Well lvl32 is 4 years payback for me.
    It is about how long you want to play. I did them because I knew I will be here after "4 years".
    Now it is even less with reductors.
    lvl50 reductor is payed back after 42M resources spent in ONE TOWN. I did them too. ;)

I calculate everything before I build it. :)

• omg folks, it's strategy, STRATEGY.

yes, it costs something and it is only up to you to consider if the change is worth it for you at that price/cost..

I moved and rebuilt 8 cities like this in September, because I recognized that the costs are negligible compared to the future profit, and by profit I don't mean only raw materials, but the overall policy and direction of the account, and that's what the strategy is about: deciding if it's more profitable for me stick to the old way without costs with less profit in the future or invest now and get more later, adapt to changes and react to them, calculate whether it is worth it to me to react to the change (pay/sacrifice something) or not react..

as I read here, many people have a problem with the slightest change, I want everything and ideally right away, if possible without effort..

this is a long-term building strategy, if you don't like it, switch to another game type.

yes, it's a building strategy, why not a war strategy??

because here you build to be able to build more, possibly to be able to war (before destroying it with an unlimited black market), you don't war to be able to war - there are other types of games for that (like one with tanks..)

theoretically you are right (I didn't recalculate after you) practically this strategy brought you to the current state where you have a problem with current prices and returns because your daily income is terribly small.

while you're at it calculating returns: what's the return on 10,11,12. cities?? what is the return of mine lvl 30, 35,40..

I wonder if by any chance the best way to play and win this game is not to build 4 cities with 10 mines in a year of the game and then stop playing because the return is longer..

just for thought

• Yes, I calculate everything too.

I posted this spreadsheet with building costs in some other threads: https://docs.google.com/spread…YAFPArc4/edit?usp=sharing

From those numbers, I can tell that for every new colony (starting from city 13), the wood and marble reducers are worth at max level.

Just by upgrading the GR to level 13, the wood reducer is worth up to 341,734 level cost in wood, and the marble reducer is worth up to 127,336 level cost in marble.

Next, just by planning to reach TH level 40, will add another 154,140 for wood and 354,893 for marble.

If I add those up, I can see that wood reducer is worth up tp level 48 and marble reducer is worth up to level 49. And I didn't even calculated the other buildings from a new town. Which means that I can go for sure with wood 50, marble 50 as reducers.

As for the rest of resources, I came up to the conclusion that the rest of the reducers are worth up to level 40. Still, if the plans are go to for 15 cities and beyond, then level 50 for all the reducers will payback. But, this is valid only for new towns, not for the existing ones.

Edited once, last by Reaver ().

• yes, it's a building strategy, why not a war strategy??

Yes, but in order to go to war, first you need to have a strong economy. You cannot go to war with just a city at level 4.

Now, if we talk about war between 2 active players, this is a lose-lose situation. Because both will invest in army, which will perish, therefore their economy is just standing. Now, if one of those players will be stronger than the other one, it is a win-lose, but the losing part will might just retract all the workers, for the winner will just move also to the losers side (since he would have already lost the resources invested in the perished army, there is no payback).

So, for both just player-vs-player and alliances wars it is best to have cycles: 1 cycle of economical growth (which is boring, but necessary) followed by 1 cycle of war, which will hold down the economical growth (but at least is fun).

Now, with this upgrade, every active player is focused on economical growth. And I do not exclude looting, but only looting from inactive or non-retaliating players, otherwise there would be no benefit from the loots.

• While I could invest in them and found a new colony way sooner than a year, which could bring me much more resource income than a freaking booster?

How long does it take to bring a high-level colony online? How many million resources? 5x level 50 Reducers, level 30+ Dump, level 12+ GR, etc. And that's excluding the upgrading of the Town Hall and the building of Museum and Tavern. I'm not so sure that the answer is as clear-cut as you suggest.

• While I could invest in them and found a new colony way sooner than a year, which could bring me much more resource income than a freaking booster?

How long does it take to bring a high-level colony online? How many million resources? 5x level 50 Reducers, level 30+ Dump, level 12+ GR, etc. And that's excluding the upgrading of the Town Hall and the building of Museum and Tavern. I'm not so sure that the answer is as clear-cut as you suggest.

I know what you mean here, but the calculations are far too complex to even try to do them.

But, long-story-short, a new colony brings me about 5,000 resources per hour. I didn't do the math for required resources to reach there, but I can do an approximate by taking a single booster and expand: an L26 booster brings me 28 res/h and costs ~300,000 resources. Which means a ratio of invest/income of 10,714. If I apply the same proportion to a new colony, this mean that the new colony investment is worth up to 10,714 * 5,000 = 53,570,000 resources.

Now, if we think about expanding from 12 cities to 13 cities, only the GRs in those 12 cities will cost about 100,000,000 resources. And growing the new city will also cost at least 50,000,000 resources. It is clear, that my strategy is much expensive than the booster upgrade strategy, but I compared only with booster 26. If I compare with booster 33, the ratio is about 61,928, so the colony investment is worth up to 61,928 * 5,000 = 309,640,000. It is clear, to me, that a new colony will payback more and sooner than a SINGLE L33 booster. I don't even want to think about 2x L33 in 12 towns booster upgrades :D

I hope that you now understand my concern about what to upgrade first: boosters or colonies?