Update

• That sort of economy is VERY world specific. I see wood going for 5-7 and lux going for 10-17.

We already need the lux goods to build enough things. We also donate them to the wonders.

It just doesn't have even a remotely respectable ROI to donate to the islands after a certain point After that, it makes more sense to up the boosters... Which in turn to add value to raising level to the mines. However, it still really isn't enough. We need the amount of workers to increase proportionally to the increase in donation requirements... At least to some degree.

Production of the buildings in the first place requires incredible amounts of resources, after a certain point. Even with the modifications to happiness, populating the cities enough to make this happen requires providing satisfaction that just isn't really possible with the current mechanics and economy within the game. If we could provide that happiness, it would fundamentally change the economy itself.

With enough gold, there could be more trading done. With the increased demand, prices would inevitably go up... But, people would be in a much better position to pay those prices, anyway.

The core of this is that with the current mechanics, there are multiple bottle necks... Cargo ships and limits to resource production are the most significant.

Without that being accounted for, the current update has a very limited shelf life.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

Truth is my weapon. Knowledge is my armor. Wisdom is my strategist. Love is my warrior...

Quote by Matshona Dhliwayo

"Why must you always chase after dragons?"

"Because they are the ones that have all the gold"

-Overheard conversation in a decrepit cantina

"Why do Dragons hoard gold?"

"Simply to flex on other sapient species"

-Overheard conversation between scholar's apprentices

RIP over 1,700 posts that I left behind on the old forums

• Okay seriously, on what kind of unicorn server are you playing? I've literallly NEVER seen those kind of prices (most expensive thats actually been payed was 15g). Much less wood being more expensive than luxury materials.

One where staff don't reset prices at the 5-15 range undermining the free market algorithm.

Starman

Viet Nam Sociality[VNS] - Alpha US Spokesman
    Bậc Thầy Thịt mèo Nướng

BBQ CAT Master Chef

• Just a note: some years ago me and some other large players were able to change the average price for at least 15-20 gold per unit in our server. All you have to do is to have a lot of gold and resources, and then just put the resources for the max price in the trading post. And then check again in some days - the max available price will be increased, so change it again and so on.

The less trading offers are in the server, the easier it is to manipulate with the prices, as the prices depend on the available amounts and their prices.

• Just a note: some years ago me and some other large players were able to change the average price for at least 15-20 gold per unit in our server. All you have to do is to have a lot of gold and resources, and then just put the resources for the max price in the trading post. And then check again in some days - the max available price will be increased, so change it again and so on.

The less trading offers are in the server, the easier it is to manipulate with the prices, as the prices depend on the available amounts and their prices.

Warrior players need a lot of gold to store the high general. Selling wood at a high price pays for gold. It is normal for the farmer players not to know about this situation and to meet with astonishment.

9cj9lE.jpg

Warrior players need a lot of gold to store the high general. Selling wood at a high price pays for gold. It is normal for the farmer players not to know about this situation and to meet with astonishment.

I used to go with prices of 20/per, but that was before we had the market controlled by game mechanics... Back then, it was only EN and not US that did this... Sadly, the market controls spread from there to here.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

Truth is my weapon. Knowledge is my armor. Wisdom is my strategist. Love is my warrior...

• It will be very usefully to have an option to build more buildings in the same time.

Because when you will build the 14+ city you will have to build up from 0 a new city (when the others cities are very well developed) which will take a lot of time even if you have the resources to do that, just because is a new city!

So an option to build simultaneously 4 buildings will be great, it may be an premium option and we can pay with ambrosia but it will definitely be important for developed players.

• It will be very usefully to have an option to build more buildings in the same time.

Because when you will build the 14+ city you will have to build up from 0 a new city (when the others cities are very well developed) which will take a lot of time even if you have the resources to do that, just because is a new city!

So an option to build simultaneously 4 buildings will be great, it may be an premium option and we can pay with ambrosia but it will definitely be important for developed players.

I see your point, but to be fair... That is just something to focus on for a while (after building up those Gr's).... Building that new city from the ground up. I can see wanting new options to actually build the city (new buildings, more building spots or even just artwork that will visually show progressive growth of buildings)... But, they already have mechanics for faster building... Building queue and halving building time with ambro.

I've seen the request for being able to build multiple buildings at the same time.... Multiple times. I don't see them granting it now.

The only way I could see them allowing it, is in instances where you are building multiples of the same buildings (storage, like the warehouse or depot).

UhPWCXc.jpgg

Yes, we know you are bug abuser and mechanic exploiter, if it was any other game, where balance actually exists and Developers actually read what players complain about, you'd be perma banned by now.

Yes, we know you are bug abuser and mechanic exploiter, if it was any other game, where balance actually exists and Developers actually read what players complain about, you'd be perma banned by now.

I see neither a bug to be abused there, nor a mechanic exploited in an unfair way. I dislike the fact that they have grossly interfered with the concept of the free market, in the way that they have. Allow the market to determine what people are willing to pay.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

• I feel that a lot of people after building the 12th cities got the wrong impression that they are as good as those who built them much earlier and can do the same, now they see that each next step they have to take is much harder than the previous one and that they've been crawling all along where others have gone and that's why they now need crutches to continue (more building site, more bigger faster ships, bigger mines, multiple construction, etc.) to have everything, quickly and effortlessly.

no, you just need to think more and stop dividing the account into individual cities and start taking it as one working whole.

take it so that the following options will check you and your account from all sides - economic (receiving material), logistically (transportation of the necessary) and military (maintenance of material). Thinking about how to achieve it as best as possible with the lowest possible costs according to the possibilities of the game

everyone should get used to the fact that the game has changed, everyone can have everything everywhere to the max, I have to choose what I want where and what I want to focus on..

• that's why they now need crutches to continue

The crutches that perturb me is the storage capacity that I and others paid. Everyone had the same opportunity and most squandered it :cursing:.

taking it as one working whole.

:thumbup:.

Starman

Viet Nam Sociality[VNS] - Alpha US Spokesman
    Bậc Thầy Thịt mèo Nướng

BBQ CAT Master Chef

do we really need to build multiple buildings at once??

what is the difference between 14+ cities vs 12?

the only one in the construction of reducers to 50 instead of 32, so 5-6 weeks more

and the construction of the next level of GR = 2-3 weeks for each = 3-4 months more, omg. 4 extra months of construction, that's a crazy extension of the construction of the city..

but now I will point out one factor that you are not taking into account - previously you had to build lvl 160 warehouses and lvl 40 just for the 12th city. heaps, now you only need a lvl 20 depot for 12 cities = you save 95 days of time just building the warehouse itself for the 12th city + 4x 45 days for warehouses = 275 days (=9 months) saved only on storage buildings compared to the previous version

now you even build a 15 or 16 city to the current level faster than the 12th city before

fun fact: in the later stages of the game, no one can economically sustain the construction of multiple buildings in one city anyway.

there is already a way to speed up construction in the game - the premium construction series

dealing with the construction time of the city 17+ is completely unnecessary, considering that even in the ideal case you will collect the necessary resources much longer..

you can stone me now, but for me, emotionally, building the 15th city today is only a little more difficult than the 12th one years ago

• The reason for more ships, is the vast amount of resources that will now need to be moved around to accomplish the building of these higher level buildings.

Even if we had more building spots, there is still plenty of room for variation and sacrifices that need to be made to accomplish different goals.

Some of us choose more storage, some more reducers and sill others choose to place temples, embassies, trading posts, black markets and other things in cities. Even with two more building spots, there would still be choices made between buildings in cities.

As far as building multiple spots simultaneously, please look to my suggestion thread on the matter. It's only would be useful for getting a city started and not for continued growth.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

• The reason for more ships

I don't think we need more ships, because that would affect looting; rather, I think that we need to increase the capacity of the ships we already have. I've made a couple of suggestions upthread.

As for GRs, I see myself doing GR / Palace upgrades in pulses: more than one level at a time.

• The reason for more ships

I don't think we need more ships, because that would affect looting; rather, I think that we need to increase the capacity of the ships we already have. I've made a couple of suggestions upthread.

As for GRs, I see myself doing GR / Palace upgrades in pulses: more than one level at a time.

I myself made a suggestion thread on the matter. And I can concede on the limitation placed to make it for actual shipment vs unilateral. However it is done, we need to be able to move greater quantities of stuff, than we currently can.

Honestly, I'd even go along with an idea that your number of ships be tied to number of cities (if you have 180 ships purchased, you get to have access to 180 ships in each city that you colonize... No borrowing from other cities). It would likely be the simplest way to accomplish it.

I was largely responding to something recently stated in criticism of the idea of desiring greater capability to do anything, to coincide with greater demand.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

• We all agree that we need more ships.

In the last version the max lvl for Trading port has been lvl 47 and we had a maximum of 232 ships(180 + 40 + 12), now we have more lvl's to the trading post so I came with this prediction.

Lvl 47, 23,784 loading speed = 232 ships

Lvl 74, 321,600 loading speed = 3212 ships (from which 500 will be Phoenician more or less)

That means we can move 1,606,000 resources, which seems fair because the cost of the buildings multiplied by 1,000 from milions to bilions so the numbers of ships will multiply by 10 at lest.

There may be others things to analyze, like resource production and ships costs but we will see.