Update

• Had to make a profile to say my piece on this.

This update is going to throw the server into a black hole.

The idea of expanding further onto the game is great, but this is just completely out of scale. Upgrading your town hall 5 levels past 40 is a great idea, but making it 26 levels is insane. Trading port to 70, 3 depots to level 80. 20 colonies. The pure scale of this update is insanely out of proportion.

Giving each building 5 levels of additional upgrades is fine, and might be just what the game needs. I don't even have words for what im seeing.

Roll this back or postpone the time of its release, take some more community feedback and reevaluate. This is insane. This is gonna skyrocket bullying of smaller players > more players leaving > less ambro sale > less money for the Ikariam developers.

Best regards

• Ban Bashing was a good idea. Because now you can "bash" the player for how much you want per day. Before that it was only 6x 120k (for example).

Please tell me a good threshold at which to start banning.

Please tell me one that fits for every player though, big and small. Also, what do we do during wars?

Also: what do we count there? Attacks? Waves? Whole battles? When does it become bashing?

It's not as straight forward as you make it sound.

For years it was easy. Pillaging. Not occupation. Per player. You could occupy how many times you wanted. But you couldn't take a single player more than 6 times "your ships" per day.
    In war you should taky 6 times per day your ships. It can be 6*120k resources. That is enough for both sides. ;) Then you can pillage another and this playe you can occupy.

So: Green pillaging battles per day (or 24 hours). Nothing problematic to define it. ;)

Which other problems are in that? If you have less ships, then no problem. it is your problem because you don't have enough ships. In war? you can tell another player to pillage. Or you can occupy, destroy army, whatever. :)

It was possible for many years, so why not now again. Especially if you can have more ships then it is possible now (for example maximum ships is about 288 now). ;)

• I believe this is great because everyone can expertise what he want. You don't have to have everything. I can't build anything for years and most buildings i don't even need so high. ;)
    And don't forget you will have 34,4% more resources (stonemason, etc) and you will have less price of buildings (33% less with architect, etc). ;)

• My question is regarding a bit more information on:

• Changes to storage capacity for Warehouse and Depot
    • Changes to safe storage capacity for Warehouse
    • Changes to satisfaction from Museum and Tavern

Can these changes be described? As far as how has the capacity and satisfaction been changed?

I can't even get enough CT's to support 12 cities now, so there would need to be drastic changes made to support the satisfaction levels. Enough people have pointed out the wine bottleneck, so I'll just agree with it here. Knowing what the capacity/safe changes are going to be is fairly important, too.

The devil is in the details, and alas we are a bit in the dark on the important bits.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

Truth is my weapon. Knowledge is my armor. Wisdom is my strategist. Love is my warrior...

Quote by Matshona Dhliwayo

"Why must you always chase after dragons?"

"Because they are the ones that have all the gold"

-Overheard conversation in a decrepit cantina

"Why do Dragons hoard gold?"

"Simply to flex on other sapient species"

-Overheard conversation between scholar's apprentices

RIP over 1,700 posts that I left behind on the old forums

• Can these changes be described? As far as how has the capacity and satisfaction been changed?

The details will be visible ingame once it's released.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• Ok, as someone that was a notorious gold pillager (back in the day).... I can see why bashing was a thing.

You could bleed someone dry of gold and all cities were vulnerable... You couldn't hide things here and there... there wasn't a "protected" amount of gold.

Now, if there will be a day that allows gold pillaging again... I'll stand right next to you and support bashing... Until then, no way... Transit times and loading times make it impractical to pillage someone too many times (unless an island is shared). In the days of gold pillaging, I used to get mad when I hit a city with resources... It would tie up my ships too long... Especially if they had a low lvl trading port.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

Truth is my weapon. Knowledge is my armor. Wisdom is my strategist. Love is my warrior...

• Can these changes be described? As far as how has the capacity and satisfaction been changed?

In other words, we will be given no time to prepare for potentially (and likely) drastic changes made to how the game is played. :(

UhPWCXc.jpgg

• Again, provide reasonable suggestions for numbers then.

Preferably in an own thread, because that has NOTHING to do with the topic here.

Can these changes be described? As far as how has the capacity and satisfaction been changed?

In other words, we will be given no time to prepare for potentially (and likely) drastic changes made to how the game is played. :(

Why? Does anyone keep you from creating an account on one of those servers or on one of the new ones which open on 09.09. and have that version installed already and check? The details are where they need to be - ingame. No need to make the news post any longer. Judging by how often I've answered questions today that were already answered in the announcement itself, no one reads those anyway or they're already too long.

pcmIK.jpg

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• I know what you mean. But with Triton and moving cities even with city in the other island you can pillage about 2,5 (with normal/ambro amount of ships) or even 3M (with ships from other players (bonus from early dasy of IK). This is insane. And with more ships now? It can be 4M? 5M? Per day? You can take whatever you want and then move your city with ambro again back.
    And still it will be much much cheaper than buy resources. Much cheaper! ;)

Sorry, i read it now. Nothing about pillage ban in this topic. :D

• Is the patch going to go live the way it is described or could community feedback change some of the levels already? Eg from 21 -> 15 palace levels?

• Is the patch going to go live the way it is described or could community feedback change some of the levels already? Eg from 21 -> 15 palace levels?

The rollout will happen as announced.

pcmIK.jpg

• Will there be more changes? I feel like you change the levels of buildings and the number of colonies this much a lot of other things will get unbalanced in the game. For example the battle system or the researches.

• I’d like to hear your thoughts on what i wrote Badidol.

Update is lacking so much depth. 232 trade ships to transport a BILLION goods. 250k wood costing 240 ambrosia while you need 5 million for building ur barrack to 50. Mines needing hundreds of million for a single level that only gives 40 extra wood an hour.

If you’re pulling an “unwanted” update down on every player, it has to be brought down balanced. Balance the cost of ambrosia on different items. Balance the ressources per hour. Balance trade ships - give the ability to buy more, increase the transportation amount.

As i said in my last post. Say i need 2 billion ressources to upgrade my town hall or palace. It would take me months of production to even reach 10% of that amount. This leads to pillaging - leads to bullying - leads to more stress for small players - results in more players leaving and finally leads to less ambrosia being bought.

What is the point of giving a 4 day heads up for an update of this enourmous scale. What is the point of a feedback section when everything is ignored.

• GF is changing the values of some stuff in the code like form 11 to 20 etc, does this mean there are still no dev. working on ika?

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"

-Richard Le Gallienne

edited-image_8.png

"Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing"

• Again, provide reasonable suggestions for numbers then.

Preferably in an own thread, because that has NOTHING to do with the topic here.

Why? Does anyone keep you from creating an account on one of those servers or on one of the new ones which open on 09.09. and have that version installed already and check? The details are where they need to be - ingame. No need to make the news post any longer. Judging by how often I've answered questions today that were already answered in the announcement itself, no one reads those anyway or they're already too long.

First, I was pointing out why it didn't make sense to suggest bashing in light of changes that date back to one of the darkest days of this game... The 3.0 update. I was hoping to nip that one in the bud for you, you have enough to deal with on things included in this update

Secondly, I understand how it would be tiresome and aggravating to answer the same crap over and over. That is why I took the time to read, before asking. If anyone asked what I had, previously... I must have missed it. Considering that the new changes cause people to potentially need to demolish half the buildings in their towns to allow for storage to build the expanded Palace/GR options... Hard choices will need to be made, strategies devised and plans in place will need to be revised.

Creating an account simply to find out the new rules seems to be a waste of electricity (environmental impact), server space and taking up an island spot that could be better filled by someone that actually intends to play there.

UhPWCXc.jpgg

• Do you considder higher research levels, or a new form of research, example lower loading times while raiding ?

Som retard blev jeg født, som retard jeg forsvinder. :thumbup:

• I mean that with these possibilities for the defender, looting will be much more difficult, because :

- it will be difficult to spy on

- resources will be overprotected

- resources will be able to be loaded onto transport ships very quickly, and taken away quickly

Moreover, the palace at level 20 allows you to permanently occupy all the polis of a smaller opponent ....

Or am I wrong?

1-29ab4f28487e360f61be9016cd65997d9bb8f5f6.jpgOnline
    badidol
    Community Manager

Likes Received1,145Posts541BirthdayApr 8th 1981 (41)GenderMale

Changes:

• The following buildings now have a new maximum level:
    • Warehouse: 85
    • Palace: 20
    • Governor's Residence: 20
    • Trading Port: 74
    • Trading Post: 72
    • Hideout: 60
    • Temple: 56
    • Depot: 80

• Maximum number of buildings per town changed for the following:

• Warehouse from 4 to 5

firma-nuovo-forum.jpg

• Hi :)

I'm playing on the Turkish server of this game. We do not want you to impose ridiculous rules on this game. You say 20 level palaces will be built. How much resources did we spend to build a level 11 palace. Your decision is really ridiculous.

If you want more players to come to the game, increase the quality of this game. If the game is of good quality, Gameforce Company will also gain a lot. IF GF's purpose is just to make money, many players will no longer play. I say this as the leader of the victorious alliance in the longest war on Turkish servers.

In summary.

Please ask us before making such radical changes to the game rules.

Because we play this game.

tumblr_py83m0FbtC1x6lumfo1_400.gif

Thomas Shelby

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lider

A K I N C I L A R[K A N]

• badidol,

Do you believe that you are reacting in a mature way right now in this topic?