100k+ gens pillaging your towns, what are your options?

• Here's the situation I'm in, I suspect most of us have been in a similar spot by now

I had about 25k gens. I was attacked by someone with 85k gens.
    I was saving for my 12th GR so millions of resources on hand.
    What do you do?

I started getting rid of the resources that took months and months to store up, Better for me to spend them than get stolen. 2 million crystal spent on experiments etc.
    Better get rid of my sulphur too, at least I can convert that into troops and ships to defend myself and stop this attacker, right?....no.

I got all my barracks and shipyards producing troops and ships. But they have control of my ports and occupying my towns. Any troops that turn up are immediately under attack by a far superior force.
    You can't wave when you rebel, and you can't leave. You just have to sit there and take it.
    Your tiny band of troops are inside the wall, they don't even have that protection. It's a bloodbath. Especially with a few forges active.

When the attacker notices I produced a few units they wipe them out and I'm back to square one.

As for the fleet. it's going to take over 10 days to produce enough ships to put up a fight.
    But again when ships turn up there aren't enough to clear the port, and when they notice I have ships they wipe them out.
    Back to square one again, but minus some sulphur and gold.

So in 3 days I have successfully managed to raise my gens to 31k.
    That's an increase of 6k gens.

Meanwhile, overnight my attacker went from 85k gens to 135k gens. And last night they increased their gens to 165k.
    Their gold supply went down 120 million. We ALL know why.

So it seems to me, for anyone without access to a military bank there are 2 options:

• v-mode
    • let them plunder all your resources

If there are no serious options for resistance then the balance of this game is fundamentally broken.

• At first I would ask myself:

• Why this player is attacking me now? Is it because I look like a farm with millions and millions of resources? Or is it neutralize a player in his territory? Or anything else? Have I done something in the past with him?
    • Do I have any alliance or friends to ask help for?
    • Can pause buildings and focus on creating an army?
    • What battle strategies I can use for my defense?
    • What can I do with less army but still something painful (slowboating, pillaging player's multi accounts, leeching miracles on his islands etc)
    • Why this player is attacking me now? Is it because I look like a farm with millions and millions of resources? Or is it neutralize a player in his territory? Or anything else? Have I done something in the past with him?

Everything looks like a farm when you have 165k gens.

I had millions of res because that's what's needed for the final GR. And he told me he didn't want war, just my res.
    I also had 25k gens and the ability to produce more. Looking around that's decent protection for a builder.
    Or are we now supposed to maintain 165k gens so we don't look like a farm?

• Do I have any alliance or friends to ask help for?

My alliance has 10 members. They have 161.
    We have 250k gens. They have 54 Million gens.

I told them I'll handle this myself and might even leave the alliance for a while. It's not worth it for them.

Can pause buildings and focus on creating an army?

I'm deleting buildings and changing from a builder to a fighter.
    You can appreciate this takes time, we're 3 days into this alerady and I'm nowhere near done.
    And you can't develop barracks/shipyard and produce troops at the same time. That's a bit of a pickle.

What battle strategies I can use for my defense?

That's what I'm asking. Because I can't see any and I don't think there are any.
    They dominate everything.
    New troops/ships finish developing then get wiped out. Repeatedly.

What can I do with less army but still something painful (slowboating, pillaging player's multi accounts, leeching miracles on his islands etc)

That is my whole plan. Guerrilla warfare.
    I'm going to keep them occupied by being really annoying. Small attacks here, small attacks there, but constantly and never-ending.
    The whole point being to drain their gold. 165k gens is expensive to maintain, especially when occupying.

I will get him to beg me to stop. But this will take months if not years.
    It's not a solution to my immediate problem. And it's not a solution for everyone.

• No worries, it will take years since multi's are allowed and his 'banks' are probably full of resources, gold and armies. ;)

Aside from that, try to make server-wide attack so activity rises in whole server.

Also You said "he told me he didn't want war, just my res." so no problem with your ally mates - they are safe while You fight.

In fact - this is strategic game and great amount of treasury of any kind (that is - resources, army, fleet, gold) are risky to hold by default.

P.S. "I will get him to beg me to stop." I truly hope so but I really doubt so. You will probably be put on Your knees and someday will consider to leave the game. :D

uc?id=1Qoxan3Ir6EfokWLhAao_dGw6L6THGxKH

• Yep, you understand exactly how futile it is to go up against one of these military bank accounts.

This is my whole point. The balance of the game is broken.

Everybody knows this, that's why the other people he's attacking on my islands go into v-mode. It's the only sensible option.

Vacation mode isn't a strategy, it's being forced to quit playing the game temporarily.

Even with all the best strategies, all the miracles, being online 24/7... does anyone here think 30k gens can hold off 160k gens?

Is there any way I can stop him with conventional military, without a bank?

If the answer is no then is there any point in playing this game?

You will probably be put on Your knees and someday will consider to leave the game. :D

I've already considered it. And I'm not alone, how many have already left because of this.

• Even with all the best strategies, all the miracles, being online 24/7... does anyone here think 30k gens can hold off 160k gens?

Is there any way I can stop him with conventional military, without a bank?

You can at least be VERY annoying with a few colossus miracles. With three, you can already send his troops home more than once a day. Also, with 30k vs 160k there is no way of him holding all of your ports and cities, so you can be very annoying and constantly send pings to free your town.

You should not expect to beat him, but at least you can make it super painful and not worthwhile for him to fight you.

Get a raid to quickly use wonders you don't have access to. When you get the Hades running during a fight, he might think twice about fighting you during that time. If not, you got yourself a lot of marble (make sure to have some wood, so you can use the marble if needed).

Also build up the town wall as high as possible and have a slinger or somthing similar behind.

Long story short: Be Annoying

• You should not expect to beat him, but at least you can make it super painful and not worthwhile for him to fight you.

Thats my entire strategy in one sentence.

I can't win in the short term, it's impossible.
    But AFTER he's had his fun and it's not worthwhile anymore, that's when the annoying really starts and I double down.
    He can't maintain that amount of gens long term, it'll come down eventually or I drain his gold. And by then my towns will be far more military capable.

This will take forever but I'm committed.

• If you want to annoy the crap out of an attacker like that and you're not a fighter, move a bunch of towns to colossus islands and keep colossus'ing them. Put a spear and a slinger in each town so they have to take a few rounds to break through, and colossus them.

But as someone said earlier, it's also worth diving into the root reason why this particular player has decided to visit you.

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• you play war game not play farm happy game

BVzIdVU.png

(player account)SaLeH YoUnIs(EN)(BR)

(player account)ڝڦڔ ڣڶڛطـﯧْـن(AE)

:saint:If you have a death wish, come close to me:saint:

Always keep in mind that you're not alone here and that behind every account there is a human being that does not want to be insulted or treated badly, just like you don't want to be treated that way.

8)(Alpha.AE)(Delta.AE)(Zelos.AE)(Ares.AE_soon.Ares EN).(Kerberos.BR)8)

My birth

IV/XII/MCMXCVI

• If you want to annoy the crap out of an attacker like that and you're not a fighter, move a bunch of towns to colossus islands and keep colossus'ing them. Put a spear and a slinger in each town so they have to take a few rounds to break through, and colossus them.

But as someone said earlier, it's also worth diving into the root reason why this particular player has decided to visit you.

The root reason is I had a lot of res and they wanted it. Simple as that.

It was going to be used for my final town GR. Than plan is scrapped now but at least I've got a mobile I can annoy with.

Nearly caught them off guard with a 50% Collossus today, reduced his troops enough so it was actually a fair fight. A couple more rounds and I might've won but reinforcements came.
    Felt good to do some damage tho and looking forward to more.

• you play war game not play farm happy game

If its only for war why are there war servers?

Waiting for the war servers to merge

BVzIdVU.png

Always keep in mind that you're not alone here and that behind every account there is a human being that does not want to be insulted or treated badly, just like you don't want to be treated that way.

My birth

IV/XII/MCMXCVI

• you need 6 city colossus 100%

BVzIdVU.png

My birth

IV/XII/MCMXCVI

• 6 Colossus would be good in hindsight. It's too late for that now, if I'm going to move towns for miracles I'll be getting more forges.
    Colossus is defensive, I'm gearing up to fight back, not hide away. Smacking them back is the only way bullies learn.

Also, I don't care about losing resources, they're not real. But spending real money to move my towns against my will just because some kid is bored during the school holidays isn't going to happen.

This game might be pay-to-win now but I'm not doing pay-to-defend.