How to move resources and upgrade buildings with constantly blocked harbour ( need premium trader)

• Suppose you have a polis very far from the others and surrounded by enemies, with the harbour constantly blocked (even for years) no matter what you do. You can free that harbour only for some hours, maybe 1-2 day but in the end it remains blocked.

Example:

1) Calculate how many resourses you need to do an up.

2) Control how many resourses you get for deleting a paddle speedboat in the interested polis. The amount is different if you have or not fireworks.

3) Calculate how many paddles you need to reach the amount of resources you want supposing you obtain resourses by deleting paddles.

4) Build paddles in other polis or buy them.

5) Send paddles to the interested polis. When they arrived if the harbour is blocked they disperse ( scatter) but then they return into the polis after 4 hours.

6) Delete the paddles.

7) Use the premium trader to convert sulfur into what resource you want and up the building.

Why paddles? Because they have a very low manteinance cost, so big accounts can mantain a lot of paddles for a very long time.

And because they cannot be destroyed if attaccked ( of course if there are no first or second line)

Of course you can produce paddles with firework and delete them in a city without so you lose as few resources as possible, and you can integrate with resources from other methods like benevolences points or pirates resources.

If you opponent is so active that is able to attacck and scatter you paddles every 4 hours going in vacation mode for 2-3 day can solve the problem so when you are back you can immediately use your paddles. Of course in the other polis you have to be free to produce and move paddles.

As a disadvantge is the long production time.

I tried to use this strategy to up a residence to lv 10. I stocked about 3 milions resources in about 20.000 paddles, and with a few other resources from benevolency and about 350/400k resources already accumulated in the polis ( mostrly protected by warhouses) I finally made the up even if it requires about 1 month preparations.

• I guess you could do the same with land units, station in an occupation or a town with garisson rights, then change the town of origin to the blocked town and make them scatter...

Good tip!

• I guess you could do the same with land units, station in an occupation or a town with garisson rights, then change the town of origin to the blocked town and make them scatter...

Good tip!

But changing the town of origin to the blocked town is possible only if the harbour of the"blocked" town is free. But the point is that harbour is blocked. So you have to free it before. And it is possible yes, but it can be "boring".

Moreover there is a limit of resources you can pack in tropps and then move because of trade ship capacity, ( trops need trade ships) while with battle ships you can potentially pack milions and milions of resources.

Finally tropps ( like cooks and doctors) are significantly more expensive to accumulate and maintein the paddle speedboats.

• 5) Send paddles to the interested polis. When they arrived if the harbour is blocked they disperse ( scatter) but then they return into the polis after 4 hours.

Sorry to all, but this is false. I was so sure this works that I did not try before posting. Of corse I uppe the residence but since when I was ready my harbour was being blocked only with few rams I freed it for 10 minutes and then I changed the town of origin of the paddles and then I retreat in order to not let my enemies see the movement.

Anyway If you simply deploy and scatter, units come back to the starting city, so the only way is changing the town of origin and to do it the harbour must be free. You can always free it rebelling and using colossus in a suitable way, but this let my suggestion lose a lot of power.

• Still a great concept if you are stuck...

I guess if you can liberate your port for a moment then send ships from that town to allies, then you have many options lined up for scattering... As each town you send to would have blocked town as the return destination, right?

• I guess if you can liberate your port for a moment then send ships from that town to allies, then you have many options lined up for scattering... As each town you send to would have blocked town as the return destination, right?

I have not understood this.

So if A is the blocked city, you want to move your paddles to A.

You produce or buy paddles evereywhere execept in A. When you are ready with the amount of paddles you want all togheter you have to

1) deploy paddles in alliance city

2) free the port of A ( at least for few second in order to do point 3)

3) change the town of origin of the paddles to A

4) click retreat from inside the alliance city or make the paddles scatter in some way

• Town A is blocked, say 1 ramship.

I build 8 rams in town A, and liberate the port ( ennemy will block as soon as possible).

Then send 8 ramships away, 1 to a different alliance town. When the arrive in the ally town they will have the town of origin being town A.

Now you have 8 towns to play with, before you run out of options you can just stock up in one ally town with the correct town of origin and claim more ports.... Assuming your port will be blocked forever and this is your only option to build in said town.

Hard to explain clearly, I guess as long as you can set a town of origin to town A, you can multiple your options from it.

• Just to add an extra layer of confusion to the mix...

Reduction buildings also affect the amount of ress returned from dismissing units/ships... If you were ever to use this method, maybe consider units that do not require sulphur if you have fireworks test area for example.