Relocating buildings

• but this thing I think is simple to do , and would make it easier for many people to play , perhaps enticing others to play ...

the things I imagine you would like to see , like all of us , I think are much more difficult to accomplish .

By starting with these small things , and improving the game step by step , we can get to the more important things as well .

For the important things you need a loyal and large user base : this update could help to achieve it .

firma-nuovo-forum.jpg

• but this thing I think is simple to do

No, it is not.

That's anything but simple.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• The good part is that you will have a possibility to choose how the city will look

As you already have when you start your fresh and new city...

No i don't have, cause I started to play the game with a strategy in mind and now i have 4 new building places that affect the symmetry in my cities.

And that will always change because there are new buildings to come and other building to change.

Just to be clear I am very happy with all the updates, i just want to have the possibility to arrange my city every time a new update affect it.

• but this thing I think is simple to do

No, it is not.

That's anything but simple.

you have to start with something ...

I think you should create the function " exchange places buildings " :

I activate it

I click on building A

I move building A over building B

building A takes the place of building B and building B moves to where building A was before

and I continue until I have created the map I need ...

like this ... ????

:

firma-nuovo-forum.jpg

• I think you should create the function " exchange places buildings " :

Pretty please - do not discuss things you have not a slightest clue about.

sorry but based on "lead by example" I'm following your example and just discuss here too, even though I don't have the slightest clue what that funny colorful stuff in the pictures is.

I think this should be implementet too....

You just need to exchange building spot 4 and 5... what's the problem? You kust need to add or substract 1 and your good!

• Although I admit I'm no programmer, so I cant really make any qualified guesses as to how complicated something like this would be to implement, yet the very fact people have been saying for years, that they're willing to pay ambro for a feature like this (me among them) tells me, that it's probably not all that trivial to do.

Lg

Boros

• You just need to exchange building spot 4 and 5... what's the problem? You kust need to add or substract 1 and your good!

Yeah, of course... and in the end the whole Ikariam game is nothing complex, right? Just put together some images, put buildings here and there, add some formulas and Ikariam 9.0 will be done in a week, yay!

• I tried a little bit round, and found that can be easily archived, on the User perspective, of course. On the backend side, there is many many more to do... handling Database, try and error of new building places and of course code, etc.

Just for fun, I created a small snipped, so every building place looks like "town hall" :

(Script description: It only replaces the city-skin on your UI temporarely, no change of the UI generally.)

Code
    1. (() => {
    2. [...document.querySelectorAll("#city #worldmap > #locations > [id^='position']")].forEach((o) => {
    3. let needleBuilding = o.classList.value.match(/^(?:[^\s]+\s){2}([^\s]+)/)?.[1];
    4. if (needleBuilding) {
    5. o.classList.remove(needleBuilding);
    6. o.classList.add("townHall"); // Replace it with "town" everywhere instead :P
    7. }
    8. });
    9. })();

GUARANA - светско, а наше!

• I'm a developer, the option to move buildings is not a very complex thing. I certainly don't think the game guys should be writing new lines of code for it, if it's going to slow down the game by 0.1 seconds it's not worth it in my opinion. If I were in their place, I would probably change the appearance of some buildings, it's an easy and quick process. Just like some small change or refresh, I say again, it is not something that is necessary, if a large team of developers was involved in the game, I believe that there would be changes in the appearance of the game much more often.

d4oibcf-dba4d1dd-8bce-4601-bff4-b59549bec1de.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzBlODU4YTNhLTk5OWQtNDAyMi1hZTAyLTEzOTg0NDdhOTM2YlwvZDRvaWJjZi1kYmE0ZDFkZC04YmNlLTQ2MDEtYmZmNC1iNTk1NDliZWMxZGUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.dp2XCQk0qMZIBso58sn9BwCNveYaLxegDUiG3pvGl4M

• I think you should create the function " exchange places buildings " :

Pretty please - do not discuss things you have not a slightest clue about.

I just wanted to make a little contribution , a little suggestion on what to do and how to do it .

if not what is the forum for ?

none of us are programmers

nobody knows the game program

so we should all shut up ??

8|:rolleyes:;(

firma-nuovo-forum.jpg

• Well, I think it is really a "must be" for OCD players.
    I understand that some people couldn't understand it. ;)
    I spent millions of points to rebuild my towns.
    But you could do it even now. If you "have to".

It should be some really expensive thing or not at all. Just because we had to spent tenth of milions resources to do that. ;)

• I tried a little bit round, and found that can be easily archived, on the User perspective, of course. On the backend side, there is many many more to do... handling Database, try and error of new building places and of course code, etc.

Just for fun, I created a small snipped, so every building place looks like "town hall" :

(Script description: It only replaces the city-skin on your UI temporarely, no change of the UI generally.)

Code
    1. (() => {
    2. [...document.querySelectorAll("#city #worldmap > #locations > [id^='position']")].forEach((o) => {
    3. let needleBuilding = o.classList.value.match(/^(?:[^\s]+\s){2}([^\s]+)/)?.[1];
    4. if (needleBuilding) {
    5. o.classList.remove(needleBuilding);
    6. o.classList.add("townHall"); // Replace it with "town" everywhere instead :P
    7. }
    8. });
    9. })();

It is more complicated in the backend, think about some active buildings.

If the temple is active and they move it in the backend will you lose the effect of it or no? testing

If you move a warehouse and without it you surpass the limit of resources in the city do you lose the excess resources? testing

If you move the museum is trickier, the max number of treaties change do you lose them? but there is a time limit to do that(3 days i remember)

And many many other problems, but that depend on how they implement it, above i supposed that the building disappear and reappear in the city for a fraction of a second but they could also think to another solution.

Anyway it is not our job to give technical solutions, we are just asking for things we want and is up to GF if they want or they can implement them.

It should be some really expensive thing or not at all. Just because we had to spent tenth of milions resources to do that. ;)

just because you spent time and gold to do it, do you get angry if others can do it for free? how do you know that maybe you don't have to spend gold or even ambrosia? if the GF had reasoned like this, we would now still be with a warehouse for each polis and without fleets and without battlefields at sea. . if the GF puts us in a position to play better, and with more satisfaction, everyone will benefit .... you too ...

firma-nuovo-forum.jpg

if GF makes the game more enjoyable for me, I keep playing and maybe spend ambrosia. this way you can play with someone and ikariam remains open .

if the GF doesn't do it, it's not a problem for me and I continue as I do now.

you , on the other hand , spent time and gold for nothing ... because you play without any advantage over me . it is only an aesthetic and practical question

firma-nuovo-forum.jpg

• As I said. They can add it. But as with moving cities, 300+ ambro for relocate (switch) two buildings. ;)
    Who want to do it, let him pay.

I was not against anything. I just think it is not reasonable to gave it "almost free". ;)
    I done it because I wanted too. Everybody could do the same. ;)

• Long story short: srbinas post gives a good example about how trivial or not it is.

And Luky jumbled around some CSS. There's more to that than just front end works. It requires db changes, code changes, etc.

It's not "difficult", no one said anything about difficult. When I say something isn't trivial, most of the times I am talking about the effort needed, not the difficulty.

And obviously it would not be for free. If anything, it would be a moderately priced Ambrosia feature.

Obviously none of what any of us said here has any meaning unless people above my paygrade decide to actually do it.

It's reported. We'll see what happens. Definitely not going to happen any time soon, in any case, our focus currently lies elsewhere.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• Yes, it definitely is. Much more than what users see has to be done to make the building move option active. There are databases on Ikariam servers that I don't even know in which programming languages they are written. This should not be a priority, there are many things that need to be done before this to make the game perfectly balanced, optimized and interesting.

d4oibcf-dba4d1dd-8bce-4601-bff4-b59549bec1de.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzBlODU4YTNhLTk5OWQtNDAyMi1hZTAyLTEzOTg0NDdhOTM2YlwvZDRvaWJjZi1kYmE0ZDFkZC04YmNlLTQ2MDEtYmZmNC1iNTk1NDliZWMxZGUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.dp2XCQk0qMZIBso58sn9BwCNveYaLxegDUiG3pvGl4M