Relocating buildings

• Hey folks!

How many times did it happen to you that you wish you had an option to relocate the building to another spot in the city?

How does it sound to you a special mode for decorating your towns?

What I mean by this is that we can have an option like "decorator mode" and then entering into this mode we are able to make layouts of our cities, particularly, we could be able to move our buildings to different spots (of course except for town walls and ports) and then we can save that layout. This would make the game more interactive since we would be able to change the appearance of the city every now and then, keeping original building levels, just moving them on different spots.

I think this option is feasible to implement and I think it would be a good addition to the game.

• This is a very old request, almost since the beginning of the game.

It is a feature that can be easily implemented.

Years ago, there was an external script doing it on the old layout of the game.

I don't know if it still exists.

One vote from me too.

:)

• I made this suggestion many years ago ...

and the staff even approved it!

but it was never implemented in the game ....

:(

The purpose was this :

those who have old and already very big accounts probably didn't give a precise and identical layout to the buildings in the polis.

This resulted in very different polis maps with the same types of buildings in different areas.

Only with experience did I learn to put the same types of buildings in the same place.

In this way, when passing quickly from one polis to another, you can find what you are looking for at a glance ....

For me the usefulness of the suggestion was this

the suggestion was to be able to move the buildings within the polis to have an identical layout in each polis

firma-nuovo-forum.jpg

• Agree with you guys. This sounds so attractive. Islands look a bit different, why cities don't have a similar variety. Even 3 or 4 different layouts to chose in cities would be a great change in our game.

• Would love to have this in the game too :))

• Now, with the 8.8.3 update, there are new max levels of buildings. I will be demolishing some buildings and building other in their place. So it would be nice to be able to rearrange the buildings in the city to my liking again, after my little rebuild. Without having to demolish the whole city just to build buildings in different place.

I would even pay for it! I really don't like the pay to win nature of ikariam, so I don't buy ambrosia at all. But this is a feature that would make me actually buy some!

Implementation-wise, I would suggest a premium item "building swap", which would swap places of two buildings in a city. By doing this multiple times, one could get to the desired arrangement in several steps.

• Quote from Null_cz

Now, with the 8.8.3 update, there are new max levels of buildings. I will be demolishing some buildings and building other in their place. So it would be nice to be able to rearrange the buildings in the city to my liking again, after my little rebuild. Without having to demolish the whole city just to build buildings in different place.

I would even pay for it! I really don't like the pay to win nature of ikariam, so I don't buy ambrosia at all. But this is a feature that would make me actually buy some!

Implementation-wise, I would suggest a premium item "building swap", which would swap places of two buildings in a city. By doing this multiple times, one could get to the desired arrangement in several steps.

Yes please. I'll vote for this.

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• Very old request. I would pay for this.

"Pero que tendrá este país que cuanto más tonto eres llegas más alto." Ernesto Jiménez - El Ministerio del Tiempo

• Now, with the 8.8.3 update, there are new max levels of buildings. I will be demolishing some buildings and building other in their place. So it would be nice to be able to rearrange the buildings in the city to my liking again, after my little rebuild. Without having to demolish the whole city just to build buildings in different place.

I 100% agree, but i would also suggetst something. After the merger, my capital city instead of being the first in the series, it

is in the 5th place, and everything has changed like that. I wish I could align those cities in order,

I would pay the same for it. Because this way I don't know where which city is.

• I wish I could align those cities in order

Yes, that would also be awesome. Let us order our towns in the town list as we want.

And speaking of town list, a "Next town", "Previous town" buttons would be nice too, somewhere close to the town dropdown list (as a normal feature, not premium)

• badidol

don't you think it is now important and useful to be able to reallocate buildings within the poles , changing their positions / slots ??

with the latest update and the 4 more building slots , it would be very useful to better organize the polis map

thanks

firma-nuovo-forum.jpg

• No, I don't, because I don't really care which building is in which slot.

But what I personally think doesn't matter all that much. We've noticed a few mentions of this in the last few days and it will be reported.

We'll see, what happens.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• For me personally I don't see the point of this, I personally find cities that all look exactly like all the others very boring. Also when I start a colony I think carefully about which buildings I absolutely want to have in that city, but the place where they will be is not an issue at all for me.

• Yeah, but with this option to relocate the buildings you can shuffle your city, you don't need to have identical cities.

The good part is that you will have a possibility to choose how the city will look, cause with soo many updates in the past and updates that will come, the initial planning of the city has and will change constantly.