Inactive players

• The subject seems to have been opened for Pangaia but is there anyone who can reach the real number of accounts after the inactives that need to be deleted from other servers (or countries) are finished?

According to my friend, the last login date of an inactive account that was deleted 2 days ago was December 2021. The number of accounts that appeared above 6.000 in the "Soft Merge" has now decreased to 2.854.

How much longer do you think it will take?

Resim.png

• The subject seems to have been opened for Pangaia but is there anyone who can reach the real number of accounts after the inactives that need to be deleted from other servers (or countries) are finished?

I can tell you that on Beta around 10,000 accounts have been deleted but there are a couple of thousand to go. On Alpha the highscore list is misbehaving in that it goes down to over 13,000 but no accounts are listed if you select that range.

• On Alpha the highscore list is misbehaving in that it goes down to over 13,000 but no accounts are listed if you select that range.

The reason may be that there are more than one player with the same score so it has nothing to do with "Soft Merge".

Resim.png

• On Alpha the highscore list is misbehaving in that it goes down to over 13,000 but no accounts are listed if you select that range.

The reason may be that there are more than one player with the same score so it has nothing to do with "Soft Merge".

No, there is an issue with the highscore list.

The issue has been reported. The issue itself isn't merge related but currently more accounts are affected in opposite to "normal" time.

lagu-ika_admin.jpg

Sig und Ava made by Butterfly I

• Weeks and weeks have passed, and there is still no news on such an important issue. I think it's time to give up the game. Thank you to the ikariam community team.

I really don't know what the game company is doing, any update can be done. But to remove the inactive account that should be removed, do you need to make the gamer wait five months? Not at all reasonable. Not to mention, there is no compensation for the loss of the game experience, or any compensation reward, no game company will do that.

Finally, thanks again to the efforts of the ikariam community team.

Have a nice day!

• badidol The attached picture is what you published on March 21, 2022.

What is the follow-up result? Has it been successful?

If not, there should be an announcement that the problem cannot be resolved. Instead of having your teammates (others on the Ikariam community team), here to reply hard. If there is a clear announcement, they can make it a lot easier.

If not, an explanation should be given to the player. And explain clearly why talking doesn't count.

If not, you should give the player a clear time to make sure the bug can be fixed after that, instead of just saying "wait"; if it's impossible to tell the time, you must give an approximation (eg: three months later , half a year later, or next year, etc.).

Note: Don't tell me to go out more, it's rude to reply.

No matter how,

Have a great weekend!

in course of the week we'll apply some minor setting changes to the live rounds in an attempt to "speed up" the deletion of inactive accounts that have been graveyarded,

Since this is done gradually and we are still worried about too long queues which lead to negativ side effects, it may take ~5-7 days before you'll start noticing a change.

This should, in the end, lead to a much faster deletion of the inactive accounts, however, it IS going to take a few more days to pick up the pace.

• Weeks and weeks have passed, and there is still no news on such an important issue. I think it's time to give up the game. Thank you to the ikariam community team.

What is the exact problem here? On all servers the process of moving to graveyard works as intended from what I know and see in my own accounts, the only exception is war servers where indeed the inactive accounts are not being removed at all for now.

So, I'd recommend to be more specific than just telling that the inactive players are not being removed at all at it's just not true. If this is only about war servers, then I believe it has been told and repeated dozens and dozens of times, and posting the same question again will just cause locking another thread.

• Quote from Draxo

What is the exact problem here? On all servers the process of moving to graveyard works as intended from what I know and see in my own accounts, the only exception is war servers where indeed the inactive accounts are not being removed at all for now.

In badidol's announcement on March 21, 2022, he did not make it clear which servers would only be executed, and those servers would not. This means that all servers will do as advertised, but the war server does not. This is a very common sense thing.

Besides that, servers other than war server have the same problem (for example, the Alpha server in the US), it's an indisputable fact that players there know about it. Do I need to attach a photo to prove it?

Quote from Draxo

If this is only about war servers, then I believe it has been told and repeated dozens and dozens of times, and posting the same question again will just cause locking another thread.

Sorry, I don't understand how you define "tell", or rather "inform". A good way to "tell" is to present it in the form of an announcement. But I don't see any announcement that makes it clear, like"The issue of the inactive account on the war server is currently being resolved, how is its resolution going? How long will it take?".

Again, no matter what,

Have a nice weekend!

• About issues with merging war servers (and obviously - also moving inactive accounts to graveyard): UPDATED: Maintenance and Merge - 01.12 & 02.12

About any server where you think the inactive accounts are not getting removed as supposed - could you please explain how do you check and verify it? As I have already explained some posts above - it might be not so noticeable on some servers if the number of accounts to be removed is very large, because there is a certain limit of accounts which can be moved per certain time frame.

• About issues with merging war servers (and obviously - also moving inactive accounts to graveyard): UPDATED: Maintenance and Merge - 01.12 & 02.12

About any server where you think the inactive accounts are not getting removed as supposed - could you please explain how do you check and verify it? As I have already explained some posts above - it might be not so noticeable on some servers if the number of accounts to be removed is very large, because there is a certain limit of accounts which can be moved per certain time frame.

Draxo Excuse me, is the message in the text a reply to me? Also, who do you mean by "you"? I want to confirm so as not to misunderstand something.

Thanks

• Draxo You are a good person, please be patient with my reply.

Quote from Draxo

About issues with merging war servers (and obviously - also moving inactive accounts to graveyard): UPDATED: Maintenance and Merge - 01.12 & 02.12

1. Again (I don't want to repeat it), this announcement (see attached QQ2 for details) is not clear enough, eg: when will the problem be fixed.

2. Regarding this matter, the new announcement is the main one, and the old announcement is supplemented. Please check the latest announcement content. Inactivity Deletion It's for each server.

Quote from Draxo

As I have already explained some posts above - it might be not so noticeable on some servers if the number of accounts to be removed is very large, because there is a certain limit of accounts which can be moved per certain time frame.

1. Sorry, please prove what you said, for example: pictures.

2. "because there is a certain limit of accounts which can be moved per certain time frame". Find a way to solve this, not throwing an excuse that isn't a reason to the player. For example, you can limit the number of new accounts created per day on the server (with such a problem). Don't tell me that doing this will reduce game revenue. Start a new server and make money.

Quote from Draxo

About any server where you think the inactive accounts are not getting removed as supposed - could you please explain how do you check and verify it?

It's very simple. You can see that.

• Phase 0 (Hour 0 to Hour 24, sorting the fun registrations out, no long time inactivity): If you do not build anything in the 24 hours after registration, you get deleted.
    • Phase 1 (1 week to 2 weeks after registration ): You become inactive after 2 days with no login, you get ghosted 2 days later.
    • Phase 2 (Week 2 until 1 Month): You become inactive after 7 days with no login, you get ghosted 4 days later.
    • Phase 3 (1 Month until 3 Months): You become inactive after 7 days with no login, you get ghosted 14 days later
    • Phase 4 (3 Month until end of times): You become inactive after 7 days with no login, you get ghosted 30 days later.

No matter how,

Have a nice day!

• badidol also said, that war servers will be a topic for when all the rest has actually been cleaned up.

Since there are physical boundaries to how quickly that clean up can proceed and we can't possible see which account will be cleaned up when upfront (it's not reasonably feasible), there is obviously a large margin for uncertainty. The only certainty there is: clean up is happening. And it's happening at the highest speed we're comfortable with, that does not lead to weird disappearances or other issues. There are still a few hundred thousand accounts WW to be processed. It's going slowly, but it's going. And it's not like there's anything any of us could do about it, sorry.

People who, apart from saying "badidol said..." also actually READ, what badidol said, would know that, as it is what badidol has been saying several times about this topic.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• badidol is right ...

you are right ...;)

but I believe that if once a month you and your game admin wrote that everything is going well, and to be patient, perhaps informing with some number or reference server, people would have a hope always alive and would continue to play.

I have recently seen accounts on ARES become inactive ...

this is my personal opinion and my advice

Hello all !!

firma-nuovo-forum.jpg

• but I believe that if once a month you and your game admin wrote that everything is going well, and to be patient, perhaps informing with some number or reference server, people would have a hope always alive and would continue to play.

Again, it's not reasonably feasible to spend time on checking which accounts get moved when and how. I've said so a few times, even in the post you're responding to.

I know it's annoying and I am quite definitely also not the most patient man on Earth, but there is really just one thing anyone can do in this case: wait patiently.

pcmIK.jpg

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• Quote from Luky

but I believe that if once a month you and your game admin wrote that everything is going well, and to be patient, perhaps informing with some number or reference server, people would have a hope always alive and would continue to play.

Agree with your statement.

Quote from badidol

Again, it's not reasonably feasible to spend time on checking which accounts get moved when and how. I've said so a few times, even in the post you're responding to.

Just give evidence of one of these, which takes less than 5 minutes. This will convince everyone that what you say is true.

Quote from badidol

I know it's annoying and I am quite definitely also not the most patient man on Earth, but there is really just one thing anyone can do in this case: wait patiently.

Please tell us a clear time so that we can plan well.

• Quote from badidol

badidol also said, that war servers will be a topic for when all the rest has actually been cleaned up.

This issue with the war server should not be considered a secondary issue. This was a decision error and should be adjusted. Otherwise, I can predict that the war server's players will disappear one by one until it becomes a server with no active players.

• Quote from badidol

Since there are physical boundaries to how quickly that clean up can proceed and we can't possible see which account will be cleaned up when upfront (it's not reasonably feasible), there is obviously a large margin for uncertainty. The only certainty there is: clean up is happening. And it's happening at the highest speed we're comfortable with, that does not lead to weird disappearances or other issues. There are still a few hundred thousand accounts WW to be processed. It's going slowly, but it's going. And it's not like there's anything any of us could do about it, sorry.

Thank you, again for a more detailed explanation.

Quote from badidol

People who, apart from saying "badidol said..." also actually READ, what badidol said, would know that, as it is what badidol has been saying several times about this topic.

How do you define "saying"? Is it in the announcement? Or, just in this thread? (Now there should be no more than 3 announcements about this matter, and 2 of them are blurred)

Again, "saying" should be clearly presented in the form of an announcement, not spread out in the thread. Because each thread can be regarded as an individual case. Could it be that the way you handle individual cases can be applied to general cases?

• How do you define "saying"? Is it in the announcement? Or, just in this thread?

Actually everywhere the topic came up. So announcements, threads, discord...pretty much everywhere.

And no, I will not make an announcement post for every single reply I give. Announcements are just that: announcements. And the benefit of a regular "Yep, still nothing new." post in the news is...non-existent.

pcmIK.jpg