Inactive players

• An update would be good, as I have not seen any old accounts sent to the graveyard on any of my islands on any of my servers. This would suggest that it is either not happening, or it is but at the pace of a startled snail.

I proper update would be appreciated, if this problem can't be fixed please be honest and tell us. Many players are waiting to move towns or build new towns and we are just stuck in limbo waiting for spaces to become free.

p58j7mB.png

• I am on Alpha and Beta and there's simply nothing visibly happening now.

A suggestion from a former IT guy, if I may: given that the graveyarding process seems to be taking so much time, how about setting up an intermediary server for each of the existing worlds (e.g. Alpha_Limbo / s1_en_l, Beta_Limbo / s2_en_l, etc) and forcibly moving inactive and banned accounts to those servers from which they can be graveyarded with the additional note of the original server should the player return. Actually, it might just be simpler and quicker to clone the live server database to the Limbo server and delete active accounts on the Limbo server and delete Inactive accounts on the live server.

• A suggestion from a former IT guy, if I may: given that the graveyarding process seems to be taking so much time, how about setting up an intermediary server for each of the existing worlds (e.g. Alpha_Limbo / s1_en_l, Beta_Limbo / s2_en_l, etc) and forcibly moving inactive and banned accounts to those servers from which they can be graveyarded with the additional note of the original server should the player return. Actually, it might just be simpler and quicker to clone the live server database to the Limbo server and delete active accounts on the Limbo server and delete Inactive accounts on the live server.

Well, in theory it looks fine but - knowing what we have experienced in the past, I'd really just wait a bit more, instead or relying on them being able to clone, move and then even filter out the accounts without breaking or loosing part of them.

• Well, in theory it looks fine but

Hehehe! You're absolutely correct. There's a huge difference between theory and practice, and I have no knowledge of the code, data structures, infrastructure, etc that make Ikariam work. Plus the code would likely be in German, which I do not speak.

Hehehe! You're absolutely correct. There's a huge difference between theory and practice, and I have no knowledge of the code, data structures, infrastructure, etc that make Ikariam work. Plus the code would likely be in German, which I do not speak.

Probably basic and source code for the game is just HTML and you can see the source code by right clicking anywhere on the page and viewing the HTML code via page source on the drop down menu.

Probably basic and source code for the game is just HTML and you can see the source code by right clicking anywhere on the page and viewing the HTML code via page source on the drop down menu.

I have actually done that and there appears to be a significant amount of server-side code which is not visible. This is good practice. One of the basics for games like this is that you do not trust the client.

• Probably basic and source code for the game is just HTML and you can see the source code by right clicking anywhere on the page and viewing the HTML code via page source on the drop down menu.

Do you really think that in that way you see even half of the real code or used languages in browser games?

You can see all the links to the index files where the rest of the HTML is so yes. Hypertext markup language is the language of the internet.

The whole world uses it.

• You can see all the links to the index files where the rest of the HTML is so yes. Hypertext markup language is the language of the internet.

The whole world uses it.

Wow. Just wow. Have you heard something about backend and server-side code? But most likely it's not used in your world and we could just inspect the code, copy and paste it on our side and build our Ikariam II, yack!

But anyway, since Gameforge apparently knows nothing about so simple programming, they stick with some strange code and we should just wait for moving inactive accounts. As we can see, also other players are noticing some movements on other servers. If some of you don't, probably because the number of new accounts is high?

• Ooh! I've just spotted a couple of inactives on Beta switch to Vacation Mode. Some, e.g. Toque and HD2, are in a normal vacation mode (though the player hasn't played in years and had been ghosted) with town names in black text and a palm tree, whereas others, e.g. Loopline, are in a combination of Inactive and Vacation Mode, with grey text and a palm tree.

• Ooh! I've just spotted a couple of inactives on Beta switch to Vacation Mode. Some, e.g. Toque and HD2, are in a normal vacation mode (though the player hasn't played in years and had been ghosted) with town names in black text and a palm tree, whereas others, e.g. Loopline, are in a combination of Inactive and Vacation Mode, with grey text and a palm tree.

I have members that have been gone for years show up as inactive and now are v.mode. With the abuse of multi accounts taking place now beta will not last long anyways.

Your on beta so you know what I mean.

• I like the fact that old inactive or v.mode players are still on the islands because anytime a spot comes open one of the many PGA alliance members use their dozens of multis to try nerf your miracle or a spot to move an ambro town in that they bought for 150 Euros as thats the going price in Iran right now allthough I heard some accounts go as high as 300 Euros.

Now before one of you mods bans me for posting exploits im not,i'm posting what is happening right now on beta server. 2/3rds of my alliance is v.mode because you cant stop being pillaged by guys with half a million gen scores and a lot are just deleting their accounts because the game as it stands right now is unplayable period for anyone but someone who has fought for 14 years in this game and wants to do whats right for the server.

To do it honestly is hard work but is achievable but for the love of god is there a GO that can look in to this before the whole server is totally wiped out?

Draxo...tickets are not even answered.

Heres what a typical CR has looked like on beta since the merge.

583 rounds and ongoing.

I have 183 other cr's that show what has happened since this merge that the dev's are supposedly "working" on.

So I thing the inactives not being taken off islands is the least of this games problems.

Try fighting 5 guys with a half million gens that are intent on taking the server beta down and all the honest players on it and anyone on beta knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Chuck/Zig/Crow.

Battle for iran

(13.04.2022 22:08:55)

Chuck Norris[LAW] from LAW-Soy Grapes, Defrost mode, Simpson[LAW] from Defrost mode, Deliverance[RAK] from Defrost mode, My KAwaii GiRL

vs

MaMad[P G A] from 大卅09 卅大, iran, s a l a r[P G A] from Mohammad2008, javad[P G A] from 5____40-80, shok----kazem_n[P G A] from iran, M------10be, Defrost mode, My KAwaii GiRL, IRAN5 k, 大卅09 卅大, 1____45-74, Mos Eisley - W, Neptune, Y A G H I[P G A] from Jαяуαи σмεgα Ω, Mohammad2008, 大卅09 卅大, canadian free, 5____40-80

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sulphur Carabineer..................2067(-37) - Sulphur Carabineer...................454(-57)

Swordsman.......................10944(-67785) - Swordsman........................4214(-67916)

Hoplite..........................6156(-91204) - Hoplite..........................3633(-86969)

Steam Giant...........................200(-0) - Steam Giant...........................0(-674)

Gyrocopter.......................1060(-19384) - Gyrocopter.......................1904(-15578)

Battering Ram.......................593(-219) - Battering Ram.........................36(-10)

............................................. - Catapult................................4(-2)

Doctor.................................57(-0) - Doctor..................................9(-0)

Cook..................................349(-0) - Cook..................................325(-0)

Balloon-Bombardier....................0(-135) - Balloon-Bombardier...................0(-1355)

Mortar.................................0(-60) - Mortar................................33(-16)

Spearman................................1(-0) - Spearman..............................42(-18)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generals............................-261242.2 - Generals............................-255039.8

Offensive points.....................637599.5 - Defence points.......................653105.5

Damage Received......................13062110 - Damage Received......................12751990

Damage Percent............................50% - Damage Percent............................50%