Inactive players

• Will quote myself:

That means that the process has been fixed today - they became inactive, now they are being transferred to graveyard server (and enabled vacation mode on Exodus server), and then after 7 days they should be fully removed from the islands.

So what does it mean that if there are inactive players for more than 3 days, then we have to wait another week, because now this bug has been fixed?

Edited once, last by suxe1 ().

• If the account is created and no buildings or other logins, then it will be fully removed from the map in 2 (active) + 2 (transferred) + 7 (vacation mode) = 11 days from the last action. Of course, if something else is not broken or suddenly changes (as we have experienced recently).

• my inactives on my island have all went from inactive to vacation mode??? why??

its answered literally 3 comments above like man wtf

If the account is created and no buildings or other logins, then it will be fully removed from the map in 2 (active) + 2 (transferred) + 7 (vacation mode) = 11 days from the last action. Of course, if something else is not broken or suddenly changes (as we have experienced recently).

I hope it gets fixed asap because 11 days at the start of the server is an ETERNITY :(

• There is now something I've not seen before, and it's 90% of inactive players on new pangaia server going Vacation Mode, could be a massive ban wave? I hope they'll get deleted soon bc if they stay the whole 30 days I'll be bad news

That means that the process has been fixed today - they became inactive, now they are being transferred to graveyard server (and enabled vacation mode on Exodus server), and then after 7 days they should be fully removed from the islands.

Hello again. It's been 7 days since the inactive players turned into vacation mode. Still, those towns are there. May you please tell us what is going on?

• Nothings fixed,beta still has ghosts appearing and one even took my town spot which deleted my town which was at level 35 and took a year to build. Opening a ticket was a waste of time as all they keep saying is the developers are working on it.

The games toast.*snip*

too bad they keep closing these threads instead of actuallly looking in to solving this problem.

[mod='Kikoguns']Final Warning: Reporting severe game exploits are done in game and through game tickets[/mod]

• I would also like to say this as i will probably get banned again anyways but I am ukranian and the thought that i will be disciplined for naming one of my towns after the town my mom was born at is beyond being "woke".

Many of my alliance members have quit the game in disgust over this and I may follow as it's unplayable now anyways *snip*

Beta server will be the first victim and word is they have allready migrated to the new server so take my advice folks. Dont waste your time untill the game operators start doing their job.

[mod='Kikoguns']Please go to proper channels for your reports[/mod]

Edited once, last by The crow ().

• I would also like to say this as i will probably get banned again anyways but I am ukranian and the thought that i will be disciplined for naming one of my towns after the town my mom was born at is beyond being "woke".

If you have a town name changed, please check here:

As to the question of whether Ukraine, Russia, Kiew, etc. are now considered undesirable town names, account names, etc.: no, of course they are not. City names, country names, etc. in and for themselves are not political statements and can obviously still be used. That even still applies to account names such as Putin,Selenskyj etc.: those in and for themselves may be considered questionable, however, are not necessarily a political statement.

Moreover, you will need to read this thread to know about politics and ikariam

• Hello again. It's been 7 days since the inactive players turned into vacation mode. Still, those towns are there. May you please tell us what is going on?

Yeah, it seems the process of removing inactive players is still broken at some point and for some reasons the transferred accounts do not get deleted even after 7 days in vacation mode. Since this is affecting the new global server very much (it is full for more than a week and new players cannot register nor move the accounts), this has bene escalated and reminded, and... yeah, we need to wait until they check and fix again.

• Hello again. It's been 7 days since the inactive players turned into vacation mode. Still, those towns are there. May you please tell us what is going on?

Yeah, it seems the process of removing inactive players is still broken at some point and for some reasons the transferred accounts do not get deleted even after 7 days in vacation mode. Since this is affecting the new global server very much (it is full for more than a week and new players cannot register nor move the accounts), this has bene escalated and reminded, and... yeah, we need to wait until they check and fix again.

You mean the developers are working on it? Thats what I get told on my tickets regarding my town getting deleted because of a returning ghost player. I dont have much faith in the devs doing anything and to rebuild my town will take well over a year and lots of ambro. Any chance of a refund?

Or did the game just kick me in the teeth again?

• The crow

For your issue please use your own (previously created) ticket instead of spamming in non-related bug topics.

I did that.....crickets

so anyways beta server gained 144 inactives this week alone.

Thats 144 players that took up all the last open spots.

it's getting close to 2 months now so it probably took less time to code this game.

So dont be offended if the paying customers want a better answer then the "devs" are working on it.

• My apologies, but no matter if you are paying or not - this is the only reply you will get until they have some more info about when this will be fixed.

And if you think that a game like Ikariam can be coded in two months - please avoid of posting about things you know less than zero about.

• How difficult would it be to manually run a script that graveyarded all inactive players?

VAR Player = PlayerStruct

FOR Player=1 TO PlayerCount DO

IF Player.Status = Inactive OR Player.Status = Banned THEN Graveyard (Player)

NEXT

• My apologies, but no matter if you are paying or not - this is the only reply you will get until they have some more info about when this will be fixed.

And if you think that a game like Ikariam can be coded in two months - please avoid of posting about things you know less than zero about.

I was reading and writing code on my pentium2. Thats about 30 plus years ago.

pascal,basic,html. you name it.

it's not rocket science.

I would love a crack at the source code for this game. Would fix a lot of problems in about an hour.

[mod='badidol']I've had just about enough of your "I would do it better". Then apply, get hired and do it better. Otherwise, this is just spam, bordering on flame. Especially in the way you keep phrasing it. Stop it. Told you more than once.[/mod]

And suddenly the accounts that were in vacation mode, disappeared today. I just saw this. Other players took their places. I wasn't loooking for those places because you told me that the problem still exists. What is going on with this game? I am really disappointed. I was waiting so many days to make a new town and now everything is destroyed. Thank you very much.

• It worked perfecly fine in Pangaia, I've been told by Draxo to wait 7 days as you can read above and exactly 7 days after I took 3 places where I wanted, and the whole map cleared of VM players.

Maybe with transferred accounts it doesn't work because it applies the rules of deletion so insted of 7 days which was the case with brand new players, it should be much more longer.

Anyway it's just a theory I've came with