Flags

• There's a new feature that allows people to choose a flag to display next to their name. While by no means necessary, it is a cute little feature.

For individual players, we have the option to turn this off and not display a flag at all, which is very nice. But I'm not finding the same option for the alliance. While some alliances are specifically targeted for a particular nationality, most are not. In an effect to show inclusiveness with all of our members, is there a way to turn this feature off for the alliance?

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• My assumption is that this was something designed for the international server to indicate language preferences, and then they just decided to add it to the other communities. So, ok I guess.... :/

But all the other communities already have a designated language, so the only real function is to indicate a nationality. ?(

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Make a final prayer

• EDIT - Don't worry, I've just worked out how to do it. :-)

Is there anyone technical that knows how to turn that pesky flag off? I've tried going into 'Player details' and then 'Profile', but there doesn't seem to be anything I can press to get rid of it. Thanks.

• so, instead of fixing all the ghost accounts.. they waste time and resources on this...

why am I not surprised....

Choosing a different "flag" affects which language the game is translated. If I choose Lithuanian flag, the game will be translated into Lithuanian. While I don't mind English, a lot of older Lithuanian players are not proficient at it. This is a very good update, since after the merge English player base became even more multi-cultural.

• Choosing a different "flag" affects which language the game is translated. If I choose Lithuanian flag, the game will be translated into Lithuanian. While I don't mind English, a lot of older Lithuanian players are not proficient at it. This is a very good update, since after the merge English player base became even more multi-cultural.

Except for Brazil who was angry, because GF forgot to add Portuguese. :whistling:

Resim.png

• I have been expecting this feature for many years, thanks.

It is very nice to have the UI in our native language.

Some things that can improve this new feature are:

• Sorting the translated languages according to the new language. It is easier for the player to find what he or she is looking for.
    • The currently selected language should be somehow highlighted in the list (i.e. bolded).
    • The first option for the list should be the "No language declaration". The user should have the option NOT to declare his language. When this is the case, the UI language will be the language of the world.
    • On each option of the list, it would be nice to have the flag before the name of the language. The list will be much prettier.

:)

• so, instead of fixing all the ghost accounts.. they waste time and resources on this..

Do you realize that there might be separate developers working on separate things?

Do YOU realize this has been going on now for months.. priorities and stuff....

THAT'S the problem, separate developers working on separate things? seriously? as I said, wasted resources.. priority should be to have all hands on deck to fix the current problems before creating new problems..
    that's like taking your car to the mechanic to get a bad engine replaced, and instead of replacing the engine, they put some shiny new hubcaps on the wheels and in the process, they break off all the lug bolts.

• I am the Leader of my alliance. Please tell me where the option is. There is nothing on this screen to de-activate. It only allows me to change the language, not turn it off.

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Make a final prayer

• I am the Leader of my alliance. Please tell me where the option is. There is nothing on this screen to de-activate. It only allows me to change the language, not turn it off.

Yepp, I was writing about changing the language/flag not being able to de-activate it :)

General HU Gamma (AB-AS alliance)

• Quote from skyhawk377

So the leader has to turn it off in their personal options?

Are you sure that's not just the player's personal display of the flag?

I just tried it. that doesn't work, either.

(It was worth a shot, right? :) )

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Make a final prayer