Barbarians & Achievements

• Hello,

This is my first time posting here. I hope I am not posting something that has been hashed over multiple times.

I have pretty much maxed out my score in Ikariam (currently 82 million) - so I have started to try and chase down some of the various achievements.

I recently teleported one of my colonies to a new island and fought the barbarians all the way to level 50. I am trying to finish the achievement Barbarian Hunter and need to defeat the barbs at level 50 on three different islands. I had already defeated them on two islands, yet when I defeated them most recently it didn't update the achievement counter. Is this a known bug? I remember the barbarians were 'broken' about a year ago. Is this a lingering bug associated with the broken barbarians?

Another bug (feature?) - today I teleported the same colony to a new island and the barbarians on the new island were also level 50. It seems more logical that the barbarians would 'reset' to their default level on a new island. Obviously, not a big deal, but i thought I would point it out.

Any feedback / incite would be appreciated!

jer

• Hey jer

I'm not sure about which bug regarding 'broken barbarians a year ago' you are talking about here, do you mean stucking with returning time for years after attacking them? If so, that has been fixed a long time ago.

About the issues you mentioned.

1. If you are really sure that they were different islands and level 50 on both of them, I'd need more info, like server, username, probably also islands and approx. time when it was done.

2. It's not a bug - if you move a town, the Barbarian village comes with you.

• Draxo,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. A bit of background -

Server - Alpha Username - jer

I have previously defeated level 50 barbarians on islands - Rynatia [40:25] and Radutia [41:24]. This was done a long time ago (years) - around when barbarians and achievements were still new.

The Level 6 Barbarian Hunter achievement requires a player to 'Defeat level 50 barbarians on 3 different islands'. My counter associated with this achievement shows 2 of 3 (i.e. I have defeated level 50 barbarians on 2 of 3 islands).

I most recently defeated level 50 barbarians on island Ustautia [45:29]. The battle report is still visible in my advisor log. Timestamp - Battle for Barbarian Village (28.01.2022 1:10:54). After defeating the barbarians on Ustautia [45:29], the Barbarian Hunter achievement counter did NOT advance.

I have moved my colony from Ustautia [45:29] to Oldeetia [42:31]. Since the Barbarians are still at level 50, I plan to defeat them again on the new island in the next couple of days.

I am speculating that because I have defeated the Level 50 Barbarians on different islands with the same colony, it isn't incrementing the counter correctly. It appears the barbarians follow the city and not the island. So the Barbarian Hunter Achievement should read 'Defeat level 50 barbarians on 3 different islands with three different cities' - just speculating.

Thanks for your attention to this. I will post when they have been defeated again and you can confirm. Let me know if there is any other background you need.

jer

• Draxo,

Just following up - I can now confirm conclusively the Barbarian Hunter achievement is either not working or worded incorrectly. I just defeated Level 50 barbarians on Oldeetia [42:31] at (04.02.2022 6:08:34). The Barbarian Hunter achievement counter did not advance. So in summary

Server - Alpha

Username - jer

Level 50 Barbarians defeated on islands Rynatia [40:25] and Radutia [41:24] in the distant past.

Achievement Counter stood at 2 of 3 for Level 6 Achievement Barbarian Hunter

moved city from Radutia [41:24] to Ustautia [45:29]

built Level 10 Barbarians to Level 50 Barbarians by attacking

defeated Level 50 Barbarians - (28.01.2022 1:10:54)

Achievement Counter did not advance

moved city from Ustautia [45:29] to Oldeetia [42:31

defeated Level 50 Barbarians - (04.02.2022 6:08:34)

Achievement Counter did not advance

Hope this helps. Be sure to let me know the results of your investigation and if I you need any more background.

jer

• Draxo

I just defeated the barbarians again on another island and the Achievement Counter for the Barbarian Hunter did not advance.

Server - Alpha

Username - jer

Island 38:25 - Woraoa

Battle for Barbarian Village (24.05.2022 3:35:00)

Battle for Barbarian Village

(24.05.2022 3:35:00)

jer[GLOBE] from That guy Nick

vs

Barbarians from Barbarian Village

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

............................................. - Barbarians...........................0(-3600)

............................................. - Barbarian War Walker.................0(-1080)

............................................. - Barbarian Knifeman...................0(-4572)

............................................. - Barbarian Axe Thrower................0(-3510)

............................................. - Barbarian Dirigible...................0(-432)

............................................. - Barbarian Fighter.....................0(-648)

............................................. - Barbarian Ram.........................0(-108)

............................................. - Barbarian Catapult....................0(-108)

............................................. - Wall....................................0(-7)

Sulphur Carabineer...................7098(-0) - .............................................

Spearman..............................402(-0) - .............................................

Swordsman.........................2469(-2917) - .............................................

Steam Giant........................4865(-208) - .............................................

Gyrocopter...........................4100(-0) - .............................................

Balloon-Bombardier.................2500(-552) - .............................................

Mortar...............................2408(-0) - .............................................

Cook..................................201(-0) - .............................................

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generals..............................-7991.6 - Generals....................................0

Offensive points............................0 - Defence points..........................19979

Damage Received........................399580 - Damage Received.............................0

Damage Percent...........................100% - Damage Percent.............................0%

Winners: jer[GLOBE]

Losers: Barbarians

The town Barbarian Village has been pillaged by jer[GLOBE]. The following resources have been stolen: 215,000 Gold, 36,769 Building material, 25,354 Wine, 18,224 Marble, 14,261 Crystal glass, 21,393 Sulphur

One of Barbarians’s armies has been completely destroyed.

• Very late to this, but curious if you solved this. ( have done 3x lvl50 myself, but had 3 colonies on different islands.)

Did you move a different city in your attempts... it sounds like you moved the same city to 3 different islands?

Reverence for life affords me my fundamental principle of morality.
    — Albert Schweitzer