"What's Next?" Question Thread

• Chuck "Bee" Bashlick , why are you wasting your your time asking for improvements/changes to Ikariam? The latest merge has proved that Gameforge has very limited attention devoted to Ikariam. I estimate there is only ONE person working on the Ikariam code and he has is hands full with post merge issues for a very long time.

-----------------------------------------------------

If it's a Game Forge game don't play it. :cursing:

• Chuck "Bee" Bashlick , why are you wasting your your time asking for improvements/changes to Ikariam? The latest merge has proved that Gameforge has very limited attention devoted to Ikariam. I estimate there is only ONE person working on the Ikariam code and he has is hands full with post merge issues for a very long time.

One person can do amazing things and make a difference, and every person should try it. ;)

By the way, badidol must not see you think so. :/ He's already in trouble with volunteer developers. :D

We go ahead and ask GameForge:

:/ 56) What do you think about being able to minimize a message window as a tab? :/

:/ 57) What do you think about window that be open not disappearing when players go to another page in Ikariam? :/

:/ 58) Do you have a project that will ensure that number of casualties in battle is not constant? :/

:/ 59) What do you think about adding a war simulator to Ikariam? :/

:/ 60) What do you think about using the building ground with green flag of Pirate Fortress to build a third Trading Port? :/

Our questions are not over and we will continue to ask GameForge.

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png

• 56) What do you think about being able to minimize a message window as a tab?

56.1) How about just being able to adjust the size of the message window? Or any window?

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

56.1) How about just being able to adjust the size of the message window? Or any window?

How about to open few windows at the same time? Of course if quoted idea will be possible (to adjust the size of windows).

It can be that way, alteration is good. :/

How about to open few windows at the same time? Of course if quoted idea will be possible (to adjust the size of windows).

So we ask Question 33 (in case you haven't seen it). ;)

Has someone thought about how much of browser's performance it might take?

How many windows do you think I can have at once? :/

:/ 61) What do you think about "Theft" feature that is only available in inactive towns and can steal Gold? :/

:/ 62) What do you think about adding Amazons as a feature to Ikariam? :/

:/ 63) What do you think about reducing amount of Research Points that "Future Researches" requires? :/

:/ 64) What do you think about giving some of Capture Points of the attacking player to the defending player in case of failure in Piracy? :/

:/ 65) What do you think about imposing a "maximum 30 days in year" limit on Vacation Mode? :/

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png

• We go ahead and ask GameForge:

:/ 66) What do you think about adding a shortcut that will appear in towns on islands where Wine resource is located and allow players to distribute Wine to other towns? :/

:/ 67) What do you think about adding a Miracle that will increase production to Ikariam? :/

:/ 68) What do you think about adding a Miracle that will remove pillaging protection in Warehouse of attacked town to Ikariam? :/

:/ 69) What do you think about adding a Miracle that will pay a little of Gold per raw material in trade that will take place? :/

:/ 70) What do you think about adding a Miracle that will accelerate construction to Ikariam? :/

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png

• x) Not sure if it was asked, but... What do you think about images posted via a link in circulars being shown automatically?

Just like in-board when you upload them as a file.

It would be cool addition of a new miracle or a slight overhaul of the current ones. Everything apart from the forge, colossus and dolphin could be tweaked since those 3 are almost essential, why others in most cases are ignored completely.

67 - sounds like a good idea, perhaps we would see a different strategy than 6 forges/5 dolphins/1 collosus. Although the main way to increase production is Ambro packs, so not sure if the miracle wouldn't take their place.
    68 - would render warehouse protection useless, which shouldn't be the case. New people (haha, let's imagine) couldn't protect themselves from toxic pillagers if that's the case.
    69 - that would make gold farmers/illegal multis/even legal multis for sole gold production extremely OP.

70 - perhaps, but some government forms and ambrosia already do that, I think creating another method for it would harm ambrosia usage (the more we buy/use it, the better, isn't it?).

• x) Not sure if it was asked, but... What do you think about images posted via a link in circulars being shown automatically?

Just like in-board when you upload them as a file.

Did you say it as an addition to Question 44 (if you didn't see it)? :/

It would be cool addition of a new miracle or a slight overhaul of the current ones. Everything apart from the forge, colossus and dolphin could be tweaked since those 3 are almost essential, why others in most cases are ignored completely.

67 - sounds like a good idea, perhaps we would see a different strategy than 6 forges/5 dolphins/1 collosus. Although the main way to increase production is Ambro packs, so not sure if the miracle wouldn't take their place.
    68 - would render warehouse protection useless, which shouldn't be the case. New people (haha, let's imagine) couldn't protect themselves from toxic pillagers if that's the case.
    69 - that would make gold farmers/illegal multis/even legal multis for sole gold production extremely OP.

70 - perhaps, but some government forms and ambrosia already do that, I think creating another method for it would harm ambrosia usage (the more we buy/use it, the better, isn't it?).

First of all, Poseidon should not hear himself called "Dolphin". ^^ (OK, everyone coded him as "Forge" when Hephaestus didn't come to mind right away, but I saw "Dolphin" for the first time.)

:/ 71) What do you think about adding a Miracle that will increase capacity of Cargo Ships to Ikariam? :/

:/ 72) What do you think about removing symbol that indicates which town has Pirate Fortress in Island View? :/

:/ 73) What do you think about being able to speed up Cargo Ships using Sulphur? :/

:/ 74) What do you think about giving additional quota according to donation made to number of workers that can be employed? :/

:/ 75) What do you think "Cargo Future" (Future Researches) that provides the increment of Cargo Ship's capacity? :/

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png

• Did you say it as an addition to Question 44 (if you didn't see it)? :/

Sort of, a lot of people are using Lightshot or similar apps to take screenshots, which generates a link to that image. Some apps (like discord) allow seeing such images immediately without opening the link. Would be cool to see such a feature in Ikariam too. I don't think many people would bother to save a file and then to upload it :)

First of all, Poseidon should not hear himself called "Dolphin". ^^ (OK, everyone coded him as "Forge" when Hephaestus didn't come to mind right away, but I saw "Dolphin" for the first time.)

I always call it like that :D Dolphins are intelligent and most importantly, it sounds cute.

• 61) What do you think about "Theft" feature that is only available in inactive towns and can steal Gold?

That sounds a very reasonable idea, since an inactive player have decreased also the safe amount of resources.

67) What do you think about adding a Miracle that will increase production to Ikariam?

We already have a research and booster buildings, and also a Helios tower - I really doubt they will invent a competitor to the Premium feature.

62) What do you think about adding Amazons as a feature to Ikariam?

We already have Barbarians - what for do we need Amazons?

63) What do you think about reducing amount of Research Points that "Future Researches" requires?

No from me, as it's a long-term achievement. If only also the number of futures gets increased.

68) What do you think about adding a Miracle that will remove pillaging protection in Warehouse of attacked town to Ikariam?

A really really small effect to the pillaged amount - do we need it?

65) What do you think about imposing a "maximum 30 days in year" limit on Vacation Mode?

That has been already answered multiple times: we cannot limit someone to put the vacation mode due to many reasons.

66) What do you think about adding a shortcut that will appear in towns on islands where Wine resource is located and allow players to distribute Wine to other towns?

Don't we already have the trading routes?

71) What do you think about adding a Miracle that will increase capacity of Cargo Ships to Ikariam?

Sounds great.

72) What do you think about removing symbol that indicates which town has Pirate Fortress in Island View?

Why do you want to make the players to open every island manually to see if there is any fortress?

• Either Draxo hated this thread or loved it. :)

All right, let's get started. ;)

That sounds a very reasonable idea, since an inactive player have decreased also the safe amount of resources.

Sounds great.

First of all, I'm glad you liked it. :)

Sort of, a lot of people are using Lightshot or similar apps to take screenshots, which generates a link to that image. Some apps (like discord) allow seeing such images immediately without opening the link. Would be cool to see such a feature in Ikariam too. I don't think many people would bother to save a file and then to upload it :)

It can be that way, alteration is good. :/

I always call it like that :D Dolphins are intelligent and most importantly, it sounds cute.

Did you say "cute" to the man whose most important weapon is a trident that causes earthquakes when it hits the ground? :whistling:

I really doubt they will invent a competitor to the Premium feature.

Since there are those who think that the game is too "P2W", they should actually invent it. :/

We already have Barbarians - what for do we need Amazons?

Not to be sarcastic, but don't you think, by the same logic, an employee at GameForge's meeting should have said:

"We already have Units and Ships - what for do we need Pirates?" :|

Back on the topic, people want to see innovation (in any form). :/

No from me, as it's a long-term achievement. If only also the number of futures gets increased.

The problem is that the "Future Researchers" say the game is getting monotonous now. :/

A really really small effect to the pillaged amount - do we need it?

It can add excitement to the game, right? :/

That has been already answered multiple times: we cannot limit someone to put the vacation mode due to many reasons.

So what do you think about players who use Vacation Mode as an escape pod? :/

Don't we already have the trading routes?

Since Wine has a detail like being spent hourly, unlike other raw materials, shouldn't it need something like this (unlike from Trading Route)? :/

Why do you want to make the players to open every island manually to see if there is any fortress?

First of all, we are talking about removal of symbol not only for World Map, but also for Island Map. :whistling:

Could it be to add surprise ending to action? ;)

Not to be sarcastic, but according to the same logic, when we click on a town on Island Map, we should also see Town Wall level. :|

Is it too much? :/ OK, a short break for in case Draxo (or someone) answers. ;)

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png

• We go ahead and ask GameForge:

:/ 76) What do you think about not possible to Pirate Raid 48 hours before Capture Points Highscore is announced? :/

:/ 77) What do you think about increasing Research Points requested by Piracy (Research) to 50000? :/

:/ 78) What do you think about changing Helios Tower's 10% bonus to 20% for player who built Helios Tower? :/

:/ 79) What do you think about being able to spend Gold to increase capacity of Cargo Ships from the same building after purchasing all Cargo Ships from Trading Port? :/

:/ 80) What do you think about that players can't use "Move Town" feature if they have Pirate Fortress? :/

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png

• 76) Completely disables the competing factor, the last 2 days are exactly the battle for TOP50. I think this type of game should encourage competition, not the opposite.
    77) As I saw it, piracy, apart from giving a "toy" to veteran players, was a tool to let new/smaller players compete against older players. Obviously, it turned out to be in old player favor, but the requirements are meager for small players' sake. I don't see a point in changing that.

78) Agree. Not because I want to milk the game, but the other production increasing packs give 20% while being much cheaper. Helios tower is only useful if you have very high mines (40+ LVL).

79) Didn't completely get how the mechanics behind it works.
    80) A lot of people use that feature solely for those reasons, especially those who play with pirates. This feature cost ambrosia. Ambrosia costs money. I think any suggestion that is decreasing profits is not acceptable not only by GF but any other business too :)

Hope you don't mind me scribbling here from time to time, I grew to like this thread :thumbup: Hopefully, a meaningful discussion or a feature will born from it!

• 76) What do you think about not possible to Pirate Raid 48 hours before Capture Points Highscore is announced?

Absolutely against it - then we can just decrease the length of period and end it on Friday, the result would be the same.

77) What do you think about increasing Research Points requested by Piracy (Research) to 50000?

Sorry, but again no - even if new players usually do not get into the highscore, they still use exchange of piracy points against resources form larger players.

78) What do you think about changing Helios Tower's 10% bonus to 20% for player who built Helios Tower?

You know it's from the series 'please 'make that and that feature cheaper because I want so', so I can bet it won't happen.

79) What do you think about being able to spend Gold to increase capacity of Cargo Ships from the same building after purchasing all Cargo Ships from Trading Port?

I'd rather love to see more ships to be able to purchase, even if they will cost millions and millions.

80) What do you think about that players can't use "Move Town" feature if they have Pirate Fortress?

Definitely no, it's a part of piracy strategy and also brings them money for town moves. And keep in mind that ambrosia buyers are the ones who make this game possible.

It can add excitement to the game, right?

I wouldn't call some extra hundreds of resources as an excitement...

So what do you think about players who use Vacation Mode as an escape pod?

If honestly - nothing. The same as using Colossus - just live with it. In the end they are the ones who have frozen and unplayable account for two days at least.

First of all, we are talking about removal of symbol not only for World Map, but also for Island Map. :whistling:

Could it be to add surprise ending to action?

Sorry, but this sounds like a non-sense and a way how to kill the piracy activities as such. You really cannot expect players to go and check every island and then every town.

• The answer is obvious, Draxo hated this thread. :)

All right, let's get started. ;)

78) Agree. Not because I want to milk the game, but the other production increasing packs give 20% while being much cheaper. Helios tower is only useful if you have very high mines (40+ LVL).

I'm glad you liked it. :)

79) Didn't completely get how the mechanics behind it works.

When it comes to number of Cargo Ships that can be purchased, this time the function of increasing the capacity of those ships in exchange for Gold will appear on same building/window/screen. :whistling:

Hope you don't mind me scribbling here from time to time, I grew to like this thread :thumbup: Hopefully, a meaningful discussion or a feature will born from it!

No, it's OK. ;) I'm glad you liked it. :) Yes, at least GF should give us a "letter" like they used to do. :/

Absolutely against it - then we can just decrease the length of period and end it on Friday, the result would be the same.

Considering that there are those who do not want Piracy, this is "a good thing". ^^

You know it's from the series 'please 'make that and that feature cheaper because I want so', so I can bet it won't happen

First of all, where did you get idea that I was asking the question for myself? :D

Secondly, (according to that logic) then why does GF sometimes give discounts in Shop? :D:D

I'd rather love to see more ships to be able to purchase, even if they will cost millions and millions.

Yes, but don't you think you're not going to want that after a while? :/

Definitely no, it's a part of piracy strategy and also brings them money for town moves. And keep in mind that ambrosia buyers are the ones who make this game possible.

First, for some it's like cheating. :/

Secondly, there are those who have already complained about P2W. :/

Third, keep in mind that there are more players in Ikariam who are playing without getting Ambrosia. :/

I wouldn't call some extra hundreds of resources as an excitement...

Not to be sarcastic, but there is something in Ikariam that gives some extra hundreds of resources as a reward. ^^ Do I need to tell you what it is?

If honestly - nothing. The same as using Colossus - just live with it. In the end they are the ones who have frozen and unplayable account for two days at least.

Not to be sarcastic, but I think Twisted Sister has already given answer to your thesis. :whistling:

So, should we consider opponent who did this as "person who will continue to bother me 48 hours later"? :/

Sorry, but this sounds like a non-sense and a way how to kill the piracy activities as such. You really cannot expect players to go and check every island and then every town.

Not to be sarcastic, but according to this logic, why are there Spies in Ikariam? :/

Is it too much? :/ OK, a short break for in case Draxo (or someone) answers. ;)

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png

• Keep asking and good luck! With the merge on beta that server is a nightmare,illegal multis with half a million gens everywhere slowly taking down the server as they promised. this will be coming to other servers after beta dies to the point they have to merge it.

Unfortunately after a year of warnings the GO's just didnt believe me but it's happening now.

Accounts that fight non stop and i mean non stop,guess the iranians dont sleep.

Most alliances including mine on beta have been sieged for close to 3 weeks now and the intent is clear. Take beta down.

This merge was the worst thing gameforge has ever done and i'll probably get another ban for saying that as GF hates to be shown whats really going on but i dont care.

After 14 years the game is totally unplayable like this.

R.I.P. beta server...it was a good run.

[mod='Hera']Keep to the topic of the thread[/mod]

• This is what you see on beta server. Half a million gens is the norm for these guys and why the games unplayable.

dont think it was designed to be played like this.

This is whats next when beta dies and has to merge.

Name: victory iran (20)

Title:

Player: shok----kazem_n

Alliance: P G A

Master builder: 1,049,038

Scientists: 72,768

Generals: 1,008,350

Gold supply: 88,525,540

[mod='Hera']Keep to the topic of the thread[/mod]

• Keep asking and good luck!

Thanks for your support. :thumbup:

But why didn't you write this on "Soft Merge Question Thread"? :/ If you want, you can also open a separate thread yourself. ;)

Don't get me wrong, you're looking for answers too. :whistling: But due to the theme of the thread, you should have questions. :/

Accounts that fight nonstop and I mean nonstop,guess the Iranians don't sleep.

If we compare London and Tehran, there is a time difference of 3.5 hours. :/

This is what's next when Beta dies and has to merge.

You misunderstood the thread title. :|

:/ 81) What do you think about combining corners and edges to make World Map look spherical? :/

:/ 82) What do you think about that if a deleted account returns to Ikariam, that account can't benefit from Miracle on the island for first 48 hours? :/

:/ 83) Do you have a feature project that we can win Items as a reward when we fight and defeat mythological creatures? :/

:/ 84) Do you have a project about new raw materials? :/

:/ 85) What do you think about giving extra morale to their Units and Ships if players are online during wartime? :/

Stay tuned. 8)

Resim.png

• The answer is obvious, Draxo hated this thread.

No, I don't hate this thread as such, I just have hard feelings against some non-sense ideas which are not thought carefully, by keeping in mind a bigger picture. :)

Considering that there are those who do not want Piracy, this is "a good thing"

Will 2 days without piracy or 2 days without allowed raids somehow affect them? Right, no.

Secondly, (according to that logic) then why does GF sometimes give discounts in Shop?

There is always a balance between benefits which can be gained by playing and benefits which can be gained by paying.

First, for some it's like cheating. :/

Secondly, there are those who have already complained about P2W. :/

Third, keep in mind that there are more players in Ikariam who are playing without getting Ambrosia.

If something is available in game, it's a feature and not a cheating (yeah, I use to get even reports about attacking multiple times per day as for a cheating), and I really don't care about.

You can have even a billion players who don't pay but in the end without a part of paying customers the game cannot exist - if only you want to do it for charity reasons.

Not to be sarcastic, but there is something in Ikariam that gives some extra hundreds of resources as a reward. ^^ Do I need to tell you what it is?

Do I need to remind you that the feature you are referring to is not only about watching a video as such but the initial plan was to provide ads (paid in another end of chain for watching them)?

So, should we consider opponent who did this as "person who will continue to bother me 48 hours later"?

I'd just let him be - it might be a fun to see how far a person could go. :)

Not to be sarcastic, but according to this logic, why are there Spies in Ikariam?

According to your logic we should also remove the images of wonders and probably also to not display the towns on islands and the numbers in the world view. You know - click on any of 17 spots on each island and try to find out if there is any town or not. What a fun, my friend!

81) What do you think about combining corners and edges to make World Map look spherical?

Too many other factors involved and things to break during implementing it, the same as just increasing/decreasing the size of map.

82) What do you think about that if a deleted account returns to Ikariam, that account can't benefit from Miracle on the island for first 48 hours?

Why? Again another way how to show the attitude against players who are using a vacation mode?