Language after merge war server

• Hello,

I would like know something:

If the merge have succes (about war server) , what will be the language using on the game ?

I say that, because, I am french (sorry for bad english sentences ^^ ) , and recently (2months ago, about) , i decided to create a new compt on the finnish server (Theta) in order to learn finnish language (because i play on ikariam since 2009, and i know everything and every words on the game).

But unfortunatly, every finnish server were mixed or fusionnated (sorry, i don't have the good word to explain :D ) toward the english servers.

I had choiced "hydra" , but i discovered after the merge, the names of différents buildings or productions weren't in finnish, but only in english ! So, for a personal point of view, it is useless now to have this count.

So, if every war servers merge on EN ARES, the language using in the game will be in english or we could keep our language ?

• Good question. I know that previously on the US servers people could get banned for using non-English messages. I assume the same rule applies to en servers, but I don't know for certain. And with the war server being dozens of communities combined, what language(s) will the server be in and what languages will be allowed?

do we all need to get real comfortable with google translate?

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• your question is very good and I play in AE language Arabic how play in IN war language English only

BVzIdVU.png

(player account)SaLeH YoUnIs(EN)(BR)

(player account)ڝڦڔ ڣڶڛطـﯧْـن(AE)

:saint:If you have a death wish, come close to me:saint:

Always keep in mind that you're not alone here and that behind every account there is a human being that does not want to be insulted or treated badly, just like you don't want to be treated that way.

8)(Alpha.AE)(Delta.AE)(Zelos.AE)(Ares.AE_soon.Ares EN).(Kerberos.BR)8)

My birth

IV/XII/MCMXCVI

• So, if every war servers merge on EN ARES, the language using in the game will be in english or we could keep our language ?

The game will be in English only.

Regarding an option to change language - it has been said by Gameforge that if the community does not exist anymore (like FI and few others), then also its language is not supported anymore, like this community never existed.

Regarding communication - if you are contacting in your local language with players from the same country and there are no insults, that should not be an issue.

• This one is not about war server, but anyway. When I got the first message concerning the server merge it was stated that we transfer to the EN server: DK, FI, LT, LV, NL, NO, SE -> EN.

Now we have got a request to remove any diacritical mark in the username to avoid a ban. It is not fair to apply all the changes to one part of players (7 nations mentioned above) while the rules in question are not updated, they are published almost two years ago. Now it is a shared space, the diacritical marks are used in all these 7 languages.

The function of a diacritical mark is to indicate a particular pronunciation. More than 10 years my username is Spīgana, with no macron this name is rendered meaningless and my identity is withdrawn.

What kind of difficulties the presence of diacritical marks causes to the English players?

Please reassess the diacritical mark prohibition accordingly the current situation.

• On a related thought, is this rule also going to be applied to the US servers? English is the official language for the US community but names like Spīgana's would still be allowed here.

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• I'm sorry, in Ikariam UK the answer is no, no diacritics at all.

We already had in the past discussions about "what" to consider as valid diacritics and what is not: we tried to define a set of diacritics, but constantly, there was someone who looked for a way to circumvent this rule, WITH success, to become unsearchable using a UK/US keyboard. Since we can't spend our time checking any username, verifying if it is searchable or not, and since the language in Ikariam UK is English, it's easy: you can't use non-English character sets or diacritics in the username. It's a simple and clear rule.

If you want to name you "génie" or "Spīgana", then you cannot, I'm sorry: you will have to rename you "genius" or "witch" (or remove the diacritics or use another name). As stated in the forum, this does not apply to villages, with some other limitations, but usernames must be plain ASCII. Full stop.

Anyway, we are not here to ban just for fun or without warning you before. Due to the merge, we sent out a "yellow message" to everybody to remind the rule. Indeed, we also send a further friendly reminder to the people who didn't accomplish the request, and if nothing changes, we ban 9999 days with Contact Me, to let the player poke us via ticket system to have the account released under the condition to change the username

Further details here: Language in Ikariam UK.

Kind regards.

• Is this my name acceptable?

SaLeH YoUnIs

BVzIdVU.png

Always keep in mind that you're not alone here and that behind every account there is a human being that does not want to be insulted or treated badly, just like you don't want to be treated that way.

My birth

IV/XII/MCMXCVI

• SaLeH YoUnIs if your name is made of plain ASCII characters, it is acceptable. If it is not, you will be warned in-game in the next days.

Ok

BVzIdVU.png

My birth

IV/XII/MCMXCVI