Soft Merge Question Thread

• Ya.. uh... anyway, I have a question.

Can you tell us what # of development staff are full time dedicated to only Ikariam?

Curious what the team size is, or is the Dev team spread across all GF games on a "as needed" basis.

Without going into too much detail: in general there is usually one "Ikariam dev" and a bunch of "if more manpower is needed we'll pull from this pool" pool of devs. That does the trick in 99% of the cases. We just hit that stupid 1% where it doesn't.

Looks like this answer belongs in the soft merge Disaster thread.

I am sorry about asking for any news update. That One poor dev must be busier than a one armed man in a wallpaper hanging contest.

• In my defense: he looked fine in the last status meeting yesterday evening. A bit pale, maybe. But otherwise fine!

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• I think You are drunk or lifeless. :)
    We don't have 14 days after moving. I had only 11,5 day because of problems with moving, life, etc...
    And 28 levels only with be online after that 12 hours. I am trying that, but it is impossible. So i have only 22, now only 13, if I'll donate nonstop with alarmclock. ;)

Yes, I could donate to level 48/49 now, so it is not so much difference, but i had to choose good island with higher levels of sawmill and mine, regarless of the monument. :(

• Unlike previous merges, the donations bank won't expire. So you have plenty of time to use up those donations.

Again and again and again. I wrote it for the 4th time.

Problem is not about expiration of wood. Problem is that the bank is the first for donating. I can upgrading half a year, okey. But what with the wood in the city? I can't mine antything for that half a year.
    Think about that. ;)

Developers should extend the 12 hour per level action or do the option button if I want to donate from bank or from city. Then i ll happy to donate half a year (of clear time) to the saw mill 52. ;)

But you can mine while it's expending.

And if the problem is you have too much wood, you can use it or just have it.

Honestly, not sure what's the problem.

Problem is, that I have all build up. And with donating three month (for some people even more when donation can take 9 months without pauses to lvl60) I can't mine. I'll have the warehouses full after one month! And prepared for attack without any chance to waste it.

I am also using ambrosia to change to wood, so I am donating the servers with money and they did that. I will have to stop the production after month for at least another two months.
    And I am not mentioning people who had 20% payed for more mining speed. :(

• Maybe I will surprise you because it's hard for people to think these days. but at 99%, due to technical problems, the duration of the event will be extended:closedthread:

• HOLA...Yo tengo una pregunta y no se es por aquí que se puede hacer la consulta.

Por qué cuando realizó un experimento solo me reduce 3 días mientras que a otros jugadores en el mismo servidor me reducen 6 días o 5 días?

[mod='Hera']As this is an English speaking community - please make sure to post in English - Then your query can be answered [/mod]

• I think his post translates to this:

Code
    1. HELLO ... I have a question and it is not around here that you can make the query.
    2. Why when you did an experiment only reduced me 3 days while other players on the same server reduce me 6 days or 5 days?

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• HOLA...Yo tengo una pregunta y no se es por aquí que se puede hacer la consulta.

Por qué cuando realizó un experimento solo me reduce 3 días mientras que a otros jugadores en el mismo servidor me reducen 6 días o 5 días?

[mod='Hera']As this is an English speaking community - please make sure to post in English - Then your query can be answered [/mod]

I don't know if I understand your question correctly ..

The experiment in the academy gives you research points (RP). Without crystal reduction there are 2 for each RP.

The calculation of the remaining time varies depending on how many RPs you are missing in order to develop that technology and on the basis of how many RPs you need for the next technology. The time needed between experiments is fixed, with or without crystal reduction.

Un uomo non imbraccia il fucile per fare la guerra ma lo fa per garantirsi la pace. [Cit Kaiser]

Non importa quale sia la tua guerra, ciò che importa è scegliere l'arma giusta!

sturacessi.png

los experimentos te dan puntos de investigación, el tiempo que se acorte para poder investigar depende de cuanto te falta y de cuanto investigas por hora

ASSINATURA-2023.png

• I am too old. I should check before posting ^^

I don't know if I understand your question correctly ..

The experiment in the academy gives you research points (RP). Without crystal reduction there are 2 crystals for each RP.

The maximum you can spend is 300,000 crystals and you can take from 150,000 RP to a maximum of 220,589 RP.

The calculation of the remaining time varies depending on how many RPs you are missing to be able to develop that technology and on the basis of how many RPs you produce per hour, through scientists.

Essentially, the experiment reduces the time it takes equal to how long it would take you to produce that amount of RPs.

1,000 RP / hour? 150,000 RP corresponds to a reduction of 150 hours.

The time needed between experiments is fixed, with or without crystal reduction.

Un uomo non imbraccia il fucile per fare la guerra ma lo fa per garantirsi la pace. [Cit Kaiser]

Non importa quale sia la tua guerra, ciò che importa è scegliere l'arma giusta!

sturacessi.png

• you got it right

ASSINATURA-2023.png

• where from do you select the server to merge?
    I am at Alpha and I am checking for a soft merge button but nothing around.

How do you merge? They have all silly videos for basic staff but nothing on the merge

• So I'm trying to merge my accounts to the Alpha / Beta / NY servers that the list gives us but when I try them It won't merge and I get " server Error and won't merge to any of them I get same message on all.

• How about some patience? We're in the middle of updating 570+ servers. Obviously some of them currently have different versions.

I'd suggest waiting until the process is done.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• where from do you select the server to merge?
    I am at Alpha and I am checking for a soft merge button but nothing around.

How do you merge? They have all silly videos for basic staff but nothing on the merge

It's in the upper right corner. Under your Town/Military/Research/Diplomacy advisors.

• I feel not fairplay with old player

Because of the reasons:

1. New player from server merge have free move and old player is not

2. old players try to race for 10 years since 2011, but players from servers merge play earlier from 2008

3. old players have contributed to the saw mill but players from servers merge benefit

I don't think the developer doesn't know this

So sad