HOW TO ATTRACT NEW PLAYERS, SUGGESTION AND IDEAS

• How about when you have players doing as lazy gamer suggested, organized usage of multis or alliance members to generate piracy points? That sounds a lot like pushing. While the mechanics of it are different, it achieves the same results.

Hey Scythe,

you are right and thanks for input :)! Described behavior is not allowed, and proper suspensions should be placed for such players. May I ask you to use in-game report option or raise a ticket so we can investigate a little bit further?

So person A, B and C can't rotate giving each other piracy points in order to get the first place (or higher than they would otherwise get)? That's ... Strange. I'm literally talking about the core of all multiplayer games.

Here's how it would actually work between people who have more than two brain cells to rub together:

The first part of the first day we know for a fact what the maximum pirate crew strength is (since no one has been able to hand points to someone far away yet). So if 2 people combine those early points into one account, they can guarantee that one of them can farm EVERYONE that have no friends to do the same. So person A gives day 1 points to person B, person B steals from person C and D, day 2 person B steals from person C and D again, now person A is well above C and D, so next day person A can steal from person C and D for the rest of the time until position calculation. Note person A only gave away one day of capture points, and the result is that person A and B, while equal to C and D in capture activity, can out-compete C and D by coordinating together. That's why we're not solo cells but many cells coordinating together as multi-cellular organisms who even organize between us multi-cellular organisms.

Also note: Its perfectly possible that some days the boosted player B don't convert points to strength, so he can boost player A with points he stole from player E and F (who are stronger than player A), while A can catch up by farming C and D, then taking the points person B stole from E and F. So they can do the hop-scotch routine on who's the "hare" (like cross-country skiers, cyclists, F1 racing, racing bikes, etc).

You could even play hot-potato with the points, 16 players who share at least one island. Then every time someone sends an attack to steal points from player 1, one of the 15 others will attack on that shared island (it will beat the enemy attack because being closer and they all play on smart-phones so get instant notification day and night). This way they technically don't have to convert any points at all to strength, so they easily get enough points to catch the top 16 spots every round. They could even have a satelite town each, on an island far away, and only a level 5 or 7 fortress or something, then they do the same hot-potato if someone happens to land a satelite nearby, and then they land another satelite elsewhere and rinse and repeat. A lot of effort but it would be unbeatable. They could have like 300k points at the end of the round, EACH. Though every time one is attacked and they have to do the hot-potato thing it gets collected into fewer hands. As long as no one attacked the last few days they'd probably easily be able to snag the top 16 spots.

Besides, how can you possibly tell if someone "stole the points fair and square" compared to "he was given the points"? Someone stole points from my accounts last round, not much but something. That player (who is a leech btw) is on my island so I have literally no warning. Should I be worried I'll get banned for "giving" him points when I try not to let him have any points? Should he be worried he gets banned for stealing points because it looks like he got them too easily?

I need to know so that I know if I should delete my fortresses so that I don't risk getting HUGE amounts of micromanaging deleted over night because someone manages to steal some points from me.

PS: We are speaking hypothetically here. I can mention a bunch of things that would gain efficiency with more effort. Like for example what's stopping someone from changing friends on the list all the time, to catch all the research bonuses? And same with new town gold bonus. I don't actually bother doing that (if there's any doubt). Because knowing (and figuring out) things one could do to min/max better does not mean one can be bothered to actually do it.

• Think about it. The things the rules forbid tend to be the absolute easiest way something can be achieved. Cooperative game play to make champion accounts have been illegal in the game for over a decade. I know, that's when I started playing this game. That's really what pushing is, in a nutshell. Whether it is voluntary or through intimidation, it makes no difference. It comes down to the fact that it achieves results that cannot be replicated through normal game play. The point of alliances is for cooperative military protection and to foster camaraderie (which helps in player retention).

UhPWCXc.jpgg

RIP over 1,700 posts that I left behind on the old forums

• Greetings everybody! i was looking for a ranting spot and look what i stumbled onto! i dont want to read 4 pages but i thank everyone for commenting and sharing in the community, it is refreshing to see. To start you most likely dont know me because this is what the 3rd or 4th board we have now? each one worse then the last in my opinion and classic ikariam style they cant transfer anything over. please fix this to start? the new board is very confusing and not user friendly.

The issue is not attracting new people in my opinion and more how to keep the existing player base. There is a growing wave of dissatisfaction within the community. Primarily among long term players. I started back on delta years ago when the game was still fresh and it was way different. No miracles, No barbarians, No piracy, And you could steal gold, No multies. This was a long term tough game and it has been watered down and ruined. The previous listed group of changes are not all bad.

Piracy is a joke, and always has been. You cut the rewards by what 3/4? before this mass multies were dominating the scene and little was done. this has been going on for years upon years and they still poorly manage it. piracy needs to be gone completely as you guys obviously can not maintain it and thats not a personal jab at the company but the facts that many of ur players are great with computers and get around ur ip rules with EASE, which are completely ridiculous. 11 accounts but oh yah you cant interact. we trust you ;), Scrap it

Barbarians were a great idea because it allows smaller players to get extra resources and help skip over that early lull. The first couple months used to be agonizing and i feel they saw this and added changes like this to fill that gap, Approved!

Ip shares? you saw my opinion just get rid of ip shares and piracy starting with next server? Scrap it

Miracles, enough said they are a great addition, Approved

I saw the first comment was allow stealing gold from inactives and thank you! ive been saying this for years to. There is so much wasted gold from inactive! on to pillaging gold in regards to warserver! TERRIBLE! its a fun idea but ur last warserver is a flop, currently 850 players. 400-850 are under 70,000 points and its a 3x speed server. i would greatly blame the gold pillaging because alliances with large numbers just raid ur gold in multiple parts of the world and avoid the actual conflict. traditional fight style is separate ur towns around so you can fight all over, not clump in one spot so its counter productive to the typical game play, we have seen in recent years. i think normal policy both worlds should be stealing gold if inactive!

Each new server should be set to a 1.5x speed so the basic servers are a little quicker but still slow enough for a decent building rate for everyone. warserver is crazy fast and normal server is a bit to slow so i think the 1.5xspeed compared to normal would be a good idea.

Stop mass producing new servers for profit. In the start of each new server the die hard spenders crank thousands, yes thousands of dollars into their accounts(i know many) so they can inflate quick and be dominant. after a couple of months the cost of this stacks up and the price for small tasks is way to much and the spending starts to slow and trickle. In reaction we see a new server dropped about every 3 months. This cycle has caused a natural migration of players and u see a mass exit on the previous world. This stagnates previous worlds and promotes others to quit from boredom. After years we see this on the extreme end. New players know very little of the system and game so they go with it and end up moving server to server as each dies. Old players grow increasingly annoyed with the games decline and its painfully clear. i can not tell you how many people ive known for years who are straight up quitting the game because they are sick of it.

The company claims they cant merge servers but ill publicly call you out on that lie. how can i pay my hard earned money ($100 roughly) to move to a new server but you cant migrate the 150 accounts on dionoysis to alpha? or lets talk about charon? demeter? older servers? i cant imagine the player base. merge the servers!

The game is dieing and in the worst shape ive seen it in 10 years. i think this can easily be fixed. Ikariam is a very profitable game and is owned by a multi million dollar parent company who could easily do the basic updates to this game and make it good.

The app is a complete joke. Severely outdated! Many cant send goods, and the rest who can send goods cant send troops XD its a joke! you cant use half the features and the new building spot is not included on the app? when was the last update? December 5th was when that update came out, 5 months and you cant update your app?

Stop, I REPEAT STOP fishing for money, if you would think about your player base and design a good server you would keep ur long term and new players, plus promote the spread of your good name from your LOYAL player base to other gamers which will constantly increase ur player base. in the start i recall 3-4000 players a server which was nice!

I got it! game plan right here!

Merge pi-gaia into alpha and bete per the usual!

1 new server per year after that. on this server you will see.

1.5x building speed

miracles: ACTIVE

Barbarians: ACTIVE

Gold looting of inactive ONLY

Piracy: OFF

Multies: OFF

For the first 1 year server do a large promotional scheme and send a world poll of who would be interested in this server and take a count. from there promote heavily on gaming sites and aim for 4000 starting players if not 6000 is the world can hold it, not sure the maximum. this would be a fun active world where we would know we had a stable year of playing before we lose everyone! i believe turn around would decrease greatly from the extra invested time. thats my fix went off on the rant, thanks to anyone who read!

• the new board is very confusing and not user friendly.

GF never really cared of Ikariam UX. It has been proofed most the time in there 10 years.

i can not tell you how many people ive known for years who are straight up quitting the game because they are sick of it.

That is only part of mass quitting. I know in our community there were one of the biggest quit when v0.5 (new 3D design) came in with no chance to play on smaller screens than fHD (mobile, tablets).

if you would think about your player base and design a good server you would keep ur long term and new players,

GF are Germans. History has shown that Germans only see one thin way and mostly it's fast reaction for physical value (money, goods, land). Too bad.

Other_ikariam_de_2019_5434942a1a1359efea9eecf1e69e9fdd.png

• Lol I love your blanket statement about Germans and then you cover it with a "well not all of them but THOSE PEOPLE OVER THERE"

tevilprince4.jpg

Sig by June 8)

Love is like air, without it... I die.

• it is .... like ...

IKARIAM = TITANIC

GF = the captain

Staff = crew

but the passengers ... are all of us !!!

will the German stubbornness lead us to crash into an iceberg?

I hope not !!! ... if sometimes they listened to us ... maybe we'll just touch the iceberg ....: D: D: D: D

firma.jpg

• Just to be clear, because I do love analogies what exactly does the iceberg =? I just need to grasp how worthwhile it is to reply at this point...

tevilprince4.jpg

Sig by June 8)

Love is like air, without it... I die.

• you are right

sorry

the iceberg is all this together:

no strong game innovations

no mergers of depopulated servers

no answers to the needs of the players

no drastic solutions to tackle the illegal use of pirates and multi-accounts

firma.jpg

• Yeah, sure... For my sake and your, please go back into the IT section please... Whatever you need to report to the high sphere can be written in our language section without you having to write analogies about titanic, iceberg and Céline Dion singing "my hear will go on" while Titanic is sinking and Jack is becoming an ice cream!

• Hi Lord !

...... MMMmmmmmm ...... GGGGHHHHHhhhhhh ..... ok ... ok .... cof ... cof ... ok ...

i will do it only for you and for Obscurion ...

the game is fast dying ...

the forum as a community where sharing our experiences could be the key to finding solutions to problems ...

And instead of exploiting this opportunity .... nothing

we must be quiet and good in our borders

ok .... ok ... it will be done

I would like to thank all the people I met here

all except one ....

To that person I address a long ... PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!

You won the battle ... but you will lose the war and all you have.

We will not lose anything ... we have beautiful memories of friends known here and in game.

What will remain for you instead, once you have made both the game and the forum disappear?

Adios amigos !

Asta la victoria siempre !!

W La revolution !!!

firma.jpg

• Think about it. The things the rules forbid tend to be the absolute easiest way something can be achieved. Cooperative game play to make champion accounts have been illegal in the game for over a decade. I know, that's when I started playing this game. That's really what pushing is, in a nutshell. Whether it is voluntary or through intimidation, it makes no difference. It comes down to the fact that it achieves results that cannot be replicated through normal game play. The point of alliances is for cooperative military protection and to foster camaraderie (which helps in player retention).

Thanks for the clarification.

• Revolutions fail because unimaginative people like you that blind the eyes of the people.

Change is possible, it is essential, if you don't change , you die.

I feel pity for you,you speak for the Germans and not for yourself, all of us are aware of the miserable state of the game and you try to deny reality.

I challenge you to confess, confess about the real state of the game and suggest ways to improve it!

Hail Luky

Anyway here is my suggestion:

"I think that there are many ways to improve the war aspect of the game without causing harm to the building aspect.

For instance, if each and every one of the alliances had shared assets such as banks, warehouses, army depots(as a replacement for the unattackable players in V mode) and even strongholds and fortresses to the defend these assets, the game would be much more interesting. It will encourage team work in order to protect the alliance's assets and to conquer and pillage the enemy's assets.

Unfortunately the recent changes in the game are rather small and it doesn't seem that the devs have any intention to develop the game."

The shared assets will be the core of the war, alliances wouldn't have unattackable army depots, and the game will be around destroying the assets of the enemy and not just sitting around and blocking ports.

Edited once, last by Rani ().