Markets and trading system

• Premise: My English is scholastic. I apologize in advance for any syntax errors.

I trust that the proposal will be judged on the goodness of the idea rather than on the quality of its presentation: P

Hello everyone!

The merger is in progress and many servers are inundated with new accounts. How nice, let's see life again!

To my great disappointment, however, I must note that of the dozens of new players in the area of my market, I cannot find any trading partners looking to buy-sell.

I tried to ask some of my neighbors why they didn't trade, or if they were interested in the future, and the answer is trivially the same for everyone: "It would be convenient to take away resources that I don't use and collect gold, not lootable, but I have no space to build. the market building. If I had any, I'd rather build the forester-academy-other. Nobody is using market nowadays."

In short, the population has increased, there is also the desire to trade and the potential added value of the security to accumulate gold (not lootable) is recognized. But, with the build slots limit, players prefer not to trade. With the fact that no one trades, no one is interested in buy-sell resources for gold. We are all full of gold and no one is even interested in building the market with the idea of buying resources, convinced that no one would sell them.

In cases of war, the idea is to create multi accounts as banks, instead of trading with real players.

In case they need marble or other resources? Rather, they block the production of surplus resources and undertake, more or less legally, to loot secondary / multi-accounts used with alternative connections (mobile SIM - ADSL in the workplace, etc.) purposely created with the aim of functioning as warehouses for marble-crystal.

Would it be possible to adapt the "Market" building and assign a slot just for this, as is already the case for the pirate fortress? The market does not offer unfair bonuses for account growth and could help smooth out the islands. At the moment, the marble is stormed, the wine is calculated in measure of self-sufficiency, leaving less interested sulfur and crystals. Being able to trade would widen both the choice of islands, and one could think of better regulating the gameplay without imposing autocracy. It would give way to think of Ikariam as "multiplayer" instead of a single player.

Classic premise: Why should the GF favor such a proposal? What does the company gain from advancing this change?

Profit.

Using the market would lead to resource speculation, as happens on OGame (another GF game). Marble in the first place, and on several occasions crystal, would be a great source of requests. So I, the trader, could trade-buy sulfur-wine-lumber for amber-trade them for marble-crystal and put them back on the market. Already in the Italian community, the market is subject to price controls (5-15 as minimum-maximum prices), making the abuse of the function less possible. I, like others I suppose, would be interested in buying cheap sulfur-lumber, converting it into marble-crystal, paying in ambrosia, then reselling it on the market and earning the difference. Buying sulfur-lumber again and converting it back. Those who are not interested in buying ambrosia today to convert resources would have an interest in trading, bringing convenience to use the premium merchant.

Similarly to how it already happens in OGame to sell deuterium and get crystal.

Un uomo non imbraccia il fucile per fare la guerra ma lo fa per garantirsi la pace. [Cit Kaiser]

Non importa quale sia la tua guerra, ciò che importa è scegliere l'arma giusta!

sturacessi.png

• In my experience, there is not a problem with the building not fitting into the cities, but rather with having too few ships to make trading worthwhile. In my neighbourhood there are LOTS of trading offers, and there is also lots of profit to be made, or resources you could get easily. Left buy, right sell:

Now I have the wine, but I would also like to build up my cities, so in the end I will either send resources between them in my time, or I will loot some inactive players, but I would never think about sending my ships away for a couple of hours to get myself resources/gold. This can also easily be seen by the difference in selling/buying prices for marble/crystal. I can easily buy crystal for 11 Gold, but nobody is willing to ship it to me for 11.

I think a good solution for this would be to speed up ships that are being used for trade. Let's say ships buying/selling resources move 100% faster, I would consider trading more often. As it is now, there is no reason for me to block my ships for 2-3hrs+ just to get 90k of resources.

• In my experience, there is not a problem with the building not fitting into the cities, but rather with having too few ships to make trading worthwhile. In my neighbourhood there are LOTS of trading offers, and there is also lots of profit to be made, or resources you could get easily. Left buy, right sell:

I totally agree with you.

Un uomo non imbraccia il fucile per fare la guerra ma lo fa per garantirsi la pace. [Cit Kaiser]

Non importa quale sia la tua guerra, ciò che importa è scegliere l'arma giusta!

sturacessi.png