Soft Merge Question Thread

• will he get free city moves too ?(as the number of city's he has right?)

No. The free city moves only happen during merge.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• Dear all, Just checking if this is the right thread. Do we have a timeline for when the inactive accounts will get deleted?

I noticed even the new account with months of inactivity is still on my same island.

QMB7gfp.jpg

This is from EN Hydra, but I believe all servers including US are experiencing the same?

j5hK0MK.gif

EN War Server - Black List Hunters

• Maybe someone could inform about the process or even progress.

Once there is any, it will be posted in the news.

Until then the status remains the same: people started coming back from vacation yesterday and will now look into things.

pcmIK.jpg

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• Dear all, Just checking if this is the right thread. Do we have a timeline for when the inactive accounts will get deleted?

I noticed even the new account with months of inactivity is still on my same island.

QMB7gfp.jpg

This is from EN Hydra, but I believe all servers including US are experiencing the same?

If you see in this post,in every server is the same.This is a bug for all server.

• There is a philosopher Nasreddin Hodja, who lived in my country for a long time. He borrowed money from someone. Barbed wire around the field when the creditor asks for his money I put.

The sheep will be caught in that barbed wire as they pass. Wool will gather on the barbed wire. I will sell the wool. He said he will pay money. The creditor laughed at this reply. . Nasreddin Hodja said, "You see the money in advance, you will laugh." Now we are laughing too. People are back from vacation.

Get rid of these classic loops now. Cryptocurrency is now in vogue. In many games, game materials have started to be upgraded and sold in world markets, making profits by the players. Try to change the rules for the new era and make the game more playable and preferable. The win-win era has begun.

Try to convince GF's boss to put some capital on ikariam

9cj9lE.jpg

• There is a philosopher Nasreddin Hodja, who lived in my country for a long time. He borrowed money from someone. Barbed wire around the field when the creditor asks for his money I put.

The sheep will be caught in that barbed wire as they pass. Wool will gather on the barbed wire. I will sell the wool. He said he will pay money. The creditor laughed at this reply. . Nasreddin Hodja said, "You see the money in advance, you will laugh." Now we are laughing too. People are back from vacation.

Get rid of these classic loops now. Cryptocurrency is now in vogue. In many games, game materials have started to be upgraded and sold in world markets, making profits by the players. Try to change the rules for the new era and make the game more playable and preferable. The win-win era has begun.

Try to convince GF's boss to put some capital on ikariam

That would be a big step for Ikariam, and jumping over Everest for GameForge. :D

Resim.png

• My alliance tracks these stats and this is from when the merge started.

Merge Report

date - player count

2811 - 1318

2911 - 1317 = -1

3011 - 1314 = -3

0112 - 1342 = +28

0212 - 1356 = +14

0312 - 1568 = +212

0412 - 1738 = +170

0512 - 2022 = +284

0612 - 2375 = +353

0712 - 2688 = +313

0812 - 2898 = +210

0912 - 2916 = +18

1012 - 2921 = +5

1112 - 2931 = +10

1212 - 2942 = +11

1312 - 2947 = +5

1412 - 3141 = +194

1512 - 3455 = +311

1612 - 3765 = +310

1712 - 3794 = +29

1812 - 3808 = +14

1912 - 4110 = +302

2012 - 4422 = +312

2112 - 4723 = +301

2212 - 5026 = +303

2312 - 5335 = +309

2412 - 5676 = +341

2512 - 5975 = +299

2612 - 6306 = +331

2712 - 6563 = +257

2812 - 6939 = +376

2912 - 7097 = +158

3012 - 7369 = +272

3112 - 7653 = +284

0101 - 8000 = +347

0201 - 8230 = +230

0301 - 8547 = +317

0401 - 8866 = +339

0501 - 9802 = +936

0601 - 9946 = +144

0701 - 10208 = +342

0801 - 10498 = +290

0901 - 10795 = +298

1001 - 11087 = +292

1101 - 10923 = -164

1201 - 11020 = +97

1301 - 11290 = +270

1401 - 11592 = +302

1601 - 12291 = +699

1801 - 12795 = +504

1901 - 13076 = +81

A lot of these are illegal multis with gen scores over a million that are actively trying to take down the server and all alliances on Beta.

The merge was a good idea,letting unvetted multis in was not.

People want a war server look no further then beta as server wide war has erupted and more folks keep pouring in.

player count 19 January = 13076 (+2056 for the week)

• Ok so? You have a problem with that? You are telling me that your alliance has no multis? If no start now, you have a lot of time!

• We dont have illegal ones. You think your so tough come fight a dozen guys with a half million gens each. The games unplayable in this condition and all major alliances on beta are now v.moding. The merge killed beta server.

The cheating wont stop and GF wont even enforce their own rules. I can think of better things to do then fight non stop for weeks at a time. Sadly after 14 years it is done and so am i. Congrats gameforge!!!!

• I think it's about time that we get some real information on what is happening.

And please do not answer back with a sarcastic attitude quoting previous statements I am not in the mood for being bullied by a game administrator. I think its about time that GF communicates more precisely what is being done and what is the expected time frame for fixing the problems on islands being filled with old ghosted acconts from up tp 10 years ago.

If you cant provide a decent answer that is non -insulting - then dont answer.

Please be adviced that we the players are costumers, and we are not here to annoy you. But the game has not been playable for many of us since the merge.

1. The merge was initiated beginning of december - we are soon talking late january (I know that the germans has had a long christmas break - but come on its not working yet......)

2. The players that were on the target servers before the merge has a tremendous advantage against the players that were forced to move - and now have found themselves on poor islands - spread across the map and for some tremendous travelling distances between towns.

3. Being bullied by large alliances with huge General Banks is not healthy for the future amount of players.

4. GF has provided close to no information on the proces they are undergoing - its time to change that position.

All I want is some kind of information that should keep me and my mates in the game.

yours sincerely

Stony||

• I think it's about time that we get some real information on what is happening.

UPDATED: Maintenance and Merge - 01.12 & 02.12

I think its about time that GF communicates more precisely what is being done [...]

It's not going to get more precise than that. If you want more precision, apply for a job as a developer, get hired and get access to the code.

[...]and what is the expected time frame for fixing the problems on islands being filled with old ghosted acconts from up tp 10 years ago.

There isn't any. The answer "We will inform you, once we have news." is still valid and said news will be posted in this channel here. Until a trigger is found, reproduced and identified there is simply no way we could provide a time frame other than making up some random number and hoping it may come close to reality in the end, which is no good to anyone.

GF has provided close to no information on the proces they are undergoing [...]

That is simply not true and I am not going to dignify that with any further reply.

pcmIK.jpg

• So I was right. I won the internal bet. That its impossible to get a decent reply from GF via the Game Administrators. I explicitly stated that there was no need answering with sarcastic comments - what do I get : apply for a job and fix the code myself. There is no need for such comments.

You do not loose anything by being polite. But GF looses a lot providing such sarcastic answers !

I rest my case - have a nice day though:)

• I explicitly stated that there was no need answering with sarcastic comments - what do I get : apply for a job and fix the code myself.

You asked for "more precise communication of what is being done".

The only way you're going to get more than "We are working on $problem and we'll inform you, as soon as there are any further news." is by applying for the job, getting hired and being made a part of the team working on Ikariam. You're not ever going to get more details than that. Not only doesn't "We're currently working on line 224, exchanging method A for method B and creating a new class to catch...." help you one bit, it's also not usually something that anyone would disclose in that detail.

There is literally nothing sarcastic about that, I am merely stating a fact.

You're simply not going to get the level of detail you seem to be waiting for.

If, however, by "more precise communication of what is being done" you mean something else, then I'd like to ask you to be more precise with your demand, so we can both be on the same page of what we're actually talking about.

pcmIK.jpg

• you SHREDED him damn:D

• So I was right. I won the internal bet. That its impossible to get a decent reply from GF via the Game Administrators. I explicitly stated that there was no need answering with sarcastic comments - what do I get : apply for a job and fix the code myself. There is no need for such comments.

You do not loose anything by being polite. But GF looses a lot providing such sarcastic answers !

I rest my case - have a nice day though:)

Yup,the rudeness of the GO's and the mods against paying customers is unheard of in internet gaming.

Not only do they not enforce the terms and conditions but they also claim that people can actually run as many illegal multis as they can and nothing will be done. Well now all my predictions came to fruition as the illegal iranian multis are now over running beta server and the games unplayable. No ones gonna play a game where you have a dozen people with general scores near a million trying to make you leave the game. As an alliance leader for 14 years it's a sad day when i have to tell what guys i have left not in v.mode that the game is finished.The other top alliances also feel the same way as we have been waiting for GF to do something about the cheating for years.

Everyones now v.modeing,most wont be back and it's not just my alliance but all the non iranian alliances.

The merge killed the server and if the mods dont want to admit they have a lot to do with it by encouraging the cheaters then so be it. I imagine they will have anther snarky insulting comment for me like usuall as It's like trying to deal with spoiled children.

Beta as a server is totally unplayable right now as the pissed off iranians that got banned for multis before came back with a vengeance and with a promise to take down the server which they are now doing. A sad way to end 14 years of what was once a fun game.

R.I.P. Beta.

As for you mods,best never get a job where customer service is involved. I doubt you would last long considering the way you treat paying customers.

Makes me wonder how many game operators on beta are actually cheaters themselves useing the position to let the cheating continue.

The mods here condone the use of VPN to run multi accounts,makes me wonder why?

• The cheating wont stop and GF wont even enforce their own rules. I can think of better things to do then fight non stop for weeks at a time. Sadly after 14 years it is done and so am i. Congrats gameforge!!!!

If you're done, please stop posting the same stuff zillion times, it becomes boring.

and you please give this position up to someone with a bit of maturity that knows how to treat paying customers.Your replies are like something from a spoiled 14 year old. That becomes boring unless you like dealing with spoiled kids.

• As for you mods,best never get a job where customer service is involved. I doubt you would last long considering the way you treat paying customers

... and please never ever become a customer at any of my companies, as you simply wouldn't be able to become one due to your attitude. :)

and you please give this position up to someone with a bit of maturity that knows how to treat paying customers.Your replies are like something from a spoiled 14 year old. That becomes boring unless you like dealing with spoiled kids.

You are not my boss and never will be. If you have any issues with any of the team, please contact the community manager, instead of acting like you were a center of Ikariam players and Gameforge should do as you say.

• As for you mods,best never get a job where customer service is involved. I doubt you would last long considering the way you treat paying customers

... and please never ever become a customer at any of my companies, as you simply wouldn't be able to become one due to your attitude. :)

You are not my boss and never will be. If you have any issues with any of the team, please contact the community manager, instead of acting like you were a center of Ikariam players and Gameforge should do as you say.

People have been posting about this problem here for years and like usuall we get nothing but rude obnoxious replies. Thanks for proving me right.