Soft Merge Question Thread

• Looking forward to any update on the topic with the inactive accounts. Maybe someone could inform about the process or even progress. Not being rude - but just eager to get some kind of information. The last official post on the merge topic I have found is dated the 17'th of dec. 2021.:)

• Maybe someone could inform about the process or even progress.

Once there is any, it will be posted in the news.

Until then the status remains the same: people started coming back from vacation yesterday and will now look into things.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• What happened with the of merging war servers ؟؟

BVzIdVU.png

(player account)SaLeH YoUnIs(EN)(BR)

(player account)ڝڦڔ ڣڶڛطـﯧْـن(AE)

:saint:If you have a death wish, come close to me:saint:

Always keep in mind that you're not alone here and that behind every account there is a human being that does not want to be insulted or treated badly, just like you don't want to be treated that way.

8)(Alpha.AE)(Delta.AE)(Zelos.AE)(Ares.AE_soon.Ares EN).(Kerberos.BR)8)

My birth

IV/XII/MCMXCVI

Same response:

Until then the status remains the same: people started coming back from vacation yesterday and will now look into things.

pcmIK.jpg

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

Same response:

Ok

The holiday is over and you don't get any information

BVzIdVU.png

Always keep in mind that you're not alone here and that behind every account there is a human being that does not want to be insulted or treated badly, just like you don't want to be treated that way.

My birth

IV/XII/MCMXCVI

• Which part of "people started coming back yesterday and will now look into things" needs more explanation for you? :)

No one here can do magic and no one can snip their finger and magically make things happen. So, now, that people have started coming back from vacation, they begin to resume work, look into things, try to reproduce things, try to find out where the bug in the code is and fix it. Then the fixed version will be tested, if it passes the tests it will be rolled out. This takes time and can only be done if the people to do so are actually here. The "being here" part started to happen again yesterday.

Since some things with the merge are still broken and need fixing, it would be a bad idea to start the war server merge before those are fixed.

I am aware of that not being to your liking, it is, however, a fact and a reality neither you nor I can do anything about.

pcmIK.jpg

• Everyone is waiting for news of the merger and we do not want the merger to be canceled

BVzIdVU.png

My birth

IV/XII/MCMXCVI

• May i ask if there will be any compensations for the time players were "stuck". unable to move their city to proper islands duo to this bug?

• May i ask if there will be any compensations for the time players were "stuck". unable to move their city to proper islands duo to this bug?

No. Not getting the "desired" islands is something that can always happen depending on the activity of a server and your placement in the beginning. There is nothing to compensate for. In the end it would come down to always compensating for not getting the island you want. Not going to happen, sorry.

pcmIK.jpg

• Do we have any kind of ballpark idea on when the inactives might finally disappear? I realize it won't be this week or next week. (I'm not looking for anything that specific. ;) ) I'm thinking more along the lines of, will this be weeks? months? years? Should we be telling the new players who are landlocked in a sea of inactives that they should relocate to the outer edges so they can continue to expand, or should they be patient?

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

No. Not getting the "desired" islands is something that can always happen depending on the activity of a server and your placement in the beginning. There is nothing to compensate for. In the end it would come down to always compensating for not getting the island you want. Not going to happen, sorry.

Considering allmost every island on beta got inactives and banned accounts on them now thats a pretty bad deal on GF's part.

They only did the merge because german law is pretty plain if you shut down a game people paid to play then they have to refund the customers. The merge's are a way around this. Between the dirty tricks they play on customers to not enforcing the terms and conditions of the game concerning the massive massive amount of illegal multi accounts I really dont know how they get away with it. This used to be a fair game and now it's a haven for cheats.

• Do we have any kind of ballpark idea on when the inactives might finally disappear? I realize it won't be this week or next week. (I'm not looking for anything that specific. ;) ) I'm thinking more along the lines of, will this be weeks? months? years? Should we be telling the new players who are landlocked in a sea of inactives that they should relocate to the outer edges so they can continue to expand, or should they be patient?

No. Until it is stated otherwise in the news, there is no news.

It will certainly not take years, but whether it's going to be next week or in 4 weeks, I can not say, since I have no magical eightball that will tell me with certainty when the underlying issue will be found, resolved, tested, resolved, tested, resolved, tested, finally resolved, tested, confirmed resolved and then rolled out.

pcmIK.jpg

No. Until it is stated otherwise in the news, there is no news.

It will certainly not take years, but whether it's going to be next week or in 4 weeks, I can not say, since I have no magical eightball that will tell me with certainty when the underlying issue will be found, resolved, tested, resolved, tested, resolved, tested, finally resolved, tested, confirmed resolved and then rolled out.

Thats good with the 600 iranian multi account illegals now on beta trying to wipe it out at least they have a hard time getting on my islands. There are not enough game operators in the world to clean this mess up.

My advice is you can choose a server do NOT pick Beta,it is a haven for multi accounters.

Edited once, last by The crow ().

• Not responding at all is the best solution.

Then, they would have declared GF "Deaf to their players".

Considering allmost every island on beta got inactives and banned accounts on them now thats a pretty bad deal on GF's part.

They only did the merge because german law is pretty plain if you shut down a game people paid to play then they have to refund the customers. The merge's are a way around this. Between the dirty tricks they play on customers to not enforcing the terms and conditions of the game concerning the massive massive amount of illegal multi accounts I really dont know how they get away with it. This used to be a fair game and now it's a haven for cheats.

But there are also games GF has chosen to shut down.

For example, WildGuns.

Resim.png