Soft Merge Question Thread

• Probably more to try and breath life into dying servers. Open new server merge in 3 months, rinse, repeat.

They know that new server brings in new cash. then feed them to the big dogs.

Did they really think that a 3 month server could compete with a 11 yr server?

I only have 58,300,000 to go to get back to where I was in Zelos

why you cant compete? attack players around your score, dont need to go after the top 1

ASSINATURA-2023.png

• Trying to figure out where to move account Pi or Zephyros. Those two seem to have the "most" players on them per the "Inspection button".

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks goes out to Ratna for the awesome Sig

• Hi,

after the merge many players lost their merchant ships. That problem occurred the first day of the merge and didn’t solve it the Friday’s update.
    I have already tried to delete cookies, another browser, disable Adblock etc. Any of those worked, so it need to be fixed by the devs.
    Of course I have mentioned it via support system, but they are unable to solve it either.

The game is unplayable without merchant ships.

Are you aware of that problem and try to find solutions?

Yes.

Just trying to be helpful.

Is the staff's scatter option still available and has it been tried?

I volunteer to have it tried on one of my accounts with this bug. Sure beats vmode in having start over the daily login bonus.

Thank you,

Starman

Viet Nam Sociality[VNS] - Alpha US Spokesman
    Bậc Thầy Thịt mèo Nướng

BBQ CAT Master Chef

• It doesn't solve the issue and also is not recommended as can cause other issues.

• Probably more to try and breath life into dying servers. Open new server merge in 3 months, rinse, repeat.

They know that new server brings in new cash. then feed them to the big dogs.

Did they really think that a 3 month server could compete with a 11 yr server?

I only have 58,300,000 to go to get back to where I was in Zelos

why you cant compete? attack players around your score, dont need to go after the top 1

To be honest probably not, but then I wouldn't expect a 1100 pt player to compete with me.

and most of the big dogs have had 11+ years to build their accounts, we from Zelos have had not quite 4 months

I know it's whiny but I've played this on and off for 12 years, got back in at start of Zelos and decided to by some ambrosia for 2 reasons.

1. On new server can be very beneficial getting you toward the top.

2. Figured I would support the Dev's and not leech off a free game. "Nothing is Free"

At age 61 probably be dead by time I can get back to top 10 ^^

• I started On Delta surrounded by players much larger than my self.

It can be done.

Some of the best fighters ON beta are < 10million points.. mainly cause they keep lots of floats available.

After you get your palace fully upgraded / hit about 10million you really plateau in this game.

Diminishing returns on buildings gets to absurd levels.

Unless you're a point whore trying to get top TS you'll be fine.

You don't HAVE to have everything maxed out.. it's not even possible to fully upgrade some buildings without ambrosia.

another 9months I should have all my towns to a point im happy with and will be completely done building anything.

Don't worry the game will probably close before you die.

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• When can we expect the Ghost accounts to disappear to the graveyard server? Its quite annoying all those inactive accounts taking up the good spots on preferred islands.

• When can we expect the Ghost accounts to disappear to the graveyard server? Its quite annoying all those inactive accounts taking up the good spots on preferred islands.

As said several times by now: 7 days after they popped up they should be deleted.

They already ARE on the graveyard server.

Graveyarding works just like the merge. The account on the source server is banned, copied over to the target server and marked for deletion.

Deletion then happens 7 days after the flag has been set.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

As said several times by now: 7 days after they popped up they should be deleted.

They already ARE on the graveyard server.

Graveyarding works just like the merge. The account on the source server is banned, copied over to the target server and marked for deletion.

Deletion then happens 7 days after the flag has been set.

Well - I asked a decent question - because they do not get deleted. I expected a decent answer - don't need to get rude.

So I apologize on beforehand for another question - how can you see that they a marked for deletion other than being inactive?
    Maybe you could include the information you just provided in an easy to get too channel - or should I go through each of the 43 pages of soft merger question thread finding the information needed? Thats not fair.

• Well - I asked a decent question - because they do not get deleted. I expected a decent answer - don't need to get rude.

There was nothing rude about my reply and if a reply has been given several times already it's absolutely ok to point that out.

because they do not get deleted

Your initial post made exactly NO mention of that.

So what you actually meant to say was that those accounts seem to be staying there for longer than those 7 days after they popped up?

Should that be the case you can report examples to the team in a support ticket and it can be investigated.

So I apologize on beforehand for another question - how can you see that they a marked for deletion other than being inactive?

You can't, and you - as a player - don't need to, either.

"Marked for deletion" is an internal flag and of no consequence or interest to anyone but the affected parties.

Same as the flag "banned" is none of the public's concerns and only of interest to us and the affected parties.

pcmIK.jpg

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• Thanks for the answers though - I only asked because I did not know about the 7 days - those 7 days are not mentioned in any of your official posts - So I think it is rude to point out that I should know - but I have no chance of finding that information anywhere. Nevertheless now I know.

What we have relised on several servers are a lot of inactive accounts (ghost acoounts) popping up - and not disappearing. I will see if I can figure out how to report that in a ticket.

• What we have relised on several servers are a lot of inactive accounts (ghost acoounts) popping up - and not disappearing.

As explained previously, that is absolutely normal and part of the graveyarding process.

It becomes "not normal" and then report-worthy, if they are still there more than 7 days after they popped up.

pcmIK.jpg

• What we have relised on several servers are a lot of inactive accounts (ghost acoounts) popping up - and not disappearing.

As explained previously, that is absolutely normal and part of the graveyarding process.

It becomes "not normal" and then report-worthy, if they are still there more than 7 days after they popped up.

So can you guide me to the post where the 7 days normal graveyarding process is explained for us - the players ! How on earth should I be able to figure out how the graveyarding process works? - its not me developing the game. I might have missed one or two of your official posts stating the process so please guide me.

Please also guide me in the direction of the ticket system on the EN - community - please

• So can you guide me to the post where the 7 days normal graveyarding process is explained for us - the players ! How on earth should I be able to figure out how the graveyarding process works? - its not me developing the game.

I literally JUST explained it to you here. Just a few posts before you asked again. On the very same page.

Please also guide me in the direction of the ticket system on the EN - community - please

support.ikariam.gameforge.com

pcmIK.jpg

• For anyone wanting to put in a ticket but isn't sure how this process works, there's actually a very good guide posted on the boards. Here's a quick link to it, though.

Support system guide

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• Wow am so happy that I was able to merge to NY.

Went from 4th in Zelos to 1743th here in NY, then again they only had 11yrs of building to my 40 days.

Thank you so much GF for closing a 40 day server, and opening a new one.

Why didn't you merge the Alpha a Beta servers?

Could you not have merged to beta server? We got a few who did and I merged to this town from gamma.

• my merchant ship do not come back until now for a couple days or almost a week,,,,

bug cannot fix yet???

what will i gonna do? just to look out on my towns running out of wine???

how can i grow???