Soft Merge Question Thread

• Hei there. I've been playing since 2008 but not very actively for years. One account on one server (Delta/FI). I did start fiercely back in the day and even topped the general ranking briefely but life got in the way and I decided to give away that account and started another from scratch playing dogma style: no upgrades to cities (villages really) - all are level 1, but I have managed to build 8 of them :)

I'd still like to go on forever and migrate to a server and islands where I know there are old friends. But I have no clue how it's done and haven't found clear instructions. Care to help a relic?

There is information in game. Just look right top corner ("Valitse uusi serverisi"):

EDIT: Note that merging is being temporary disabled after 15 minutes: Look original post or finnish news.

Setistä suuri kiitos Sassukalle :* ja Jambolle päivityksistä! :saint:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Moderator - Ikariam.fi

SÄÄNNÖT | OHJEET | SUPPORT

• I suppose "Server Error" is just a tiny bit better than "Alliance name already in use". Took 'em a week to get this little bit of progress.

-----------------------------------------------------

If it's a Game Forge game don't play it. :cursing:

• I suppose "Server Error" is just a tiny bit better than "Alliance name already in use". Took 'em a week to get this little bit of progress.

That's not even related. "Server error" is the error text we chose to be displayed now in ANY case, because we stopped the merges for now.

Was announced, though.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

That's not even related. "Server error" is the error text we chose to be displayed now in ANY case, because we stopped the merges for now.

Was announced, though.

@badidol

Credit where credit is due -

stopping the merges to work on things, rather than leaving things in limbo, with people beating their heads against the wall, I think was the more professional thing to do.

Also, whether it was consciously intended or not, kudos to you and the rest of the team in the forums - the more recent announcements and responses have been (from what I've seen) rather noticeably appreciatively better in "tone" and civility. It has been very nice to see and (by me at least), much appreciated : )

• There are a lot of players suddenly in V mode on Eunomia.us. I thought that it was an odd time to hit V, so I checked some out - they have 0 master builder, scientist, military, and gold scores - only their points remain unchanged. Does anyone now what is going on with that? I have noticed that players reappearing from ghosting who were banned have the same string of zeros - are these players banned? They include some old and active (formerly) players.

Someone in my alliance suggested maybe they had tried to move to Alpha or Beta and got stuck?

• Resource build times need to be rethought. Larger players won't be able to get anywhere near the required levels to support their towns. A max build time of 4 hours would make more sense,

• Resource build times need to be rethought. Larger players won't be able to get anywhere near the required levels to support their towns. A max build time of 4 hours would make more sense,

Yeah, but they already stand their point

Resource will not expire, so just keep waiting

• Rstar57 is right, Rastan. Their Total Score is less than 300.

sucks to be you then.. had a couple that did'nt have anything but most of them im hauling full loads left right and center..

hehe.. don't bother checking them then.. more for me.

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• There are a lot of players suddenly in V mode on Eunomia.us. I thought that it was an odd time to hit V, so I checked some out - they have 0 master builder, scientist, military, and gold scores - only their points remain unchanged. Does anyone now what is going on with that? I have noticed that players reappearing from ghosting who were banned have the same string of zeros - are these players banned? They include some old and active (formerly) players.

Someone in my alliance suggested maybe they had tried to move to Alpha or Beta and got stuck?

when you move your account gets bannead and you get an identical one in the server you choose

ASSINATURA-2023.png

• what are you trying to accomplish?

theres no way the devs are reading this so whats the point with the spamming?

This from the guy who has posted 38 times since Thursday? but then I am now at 43 so I guess I am a much bigger spammer than you. Sorry

• 13 hrs since the last update? Is it the weekend again already?

p.s. hopefully I have the correct punctuation.

Are you familiar with the concept of sleep, working hours and so on? Doesn't seem to be the case.

People need breaks and sleep. That's what happens on the other side of the planet, when it's night on our hemisphere and day on yours.

Yeah, I know, magical, wondrous mysteries.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

Was announced, though.

Hi,

First of all, sorry if it was mention above, I read last 10 pages of forum, didn't see answer, maybe overlooked, maybe missing.

When selecting target server I get "server error" message as in post #703 and #704

You wrote that merges were stopped. When are they going to continue?

• Just read news: UPDATED: Maintenance and Merge - 01.12 & 02.12

There will be post when things work again.

Setistä suuri kiitos Sassukalle :* ja Jambolle päivityksistä! :saint:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Moderator - Ikariam.fi

SÄÄNNÖT | OHJEET | SUPPORT

• Are you familiar with the concept of sleep, working hours and so on? Doesn't seem to be the case.

People need breaks and sleep. That's what happens on the other side of the planet, when it's night on our hemisphere and day on yours.

Yeah, I know, magical, wondrous mysteries.

Are you familiar with the fact this game happens in real time?

Wars or other activities don't stop just because is doesn't fit someone's schedule. This includes sleep.

The game doesn't take weekends off either.

Viet Nam Sociality[VNS] - Alpha US Spokesman
    Bậc Thầy Thịt mèo Nướng

BBQ CAT Master Chef

• Are you familiar with the fact this game happens in real time?

Wars or other activities don't stop just because is doesn't fit someone's schedule. This includes sleep.

The game doesn't take weekends off either.

So what? Should it be a reason for devs to not sleep and take holidays anymore just to satisfy your online needs?