Soft Merge Question Thread

• Alliance VNS Circular Message - Alliance 04.12.2021 19:21:54

Question:

How do you have the game translate into Vietnamese?

If I get a better answer to similar question in game, I'll share.

Viet Nam Sociality[VNS] - Alpha US Spokesman
    Bậc Thầy Thịt mèo Nướng

BBQ CAT Master Chef

• When will the war servers merge?

BVzIdVU.png

(player account)SaLeH YoUnIs(EN)(BR)

(player account)ڝڦڔ ڣڶڛطـﯧْـن(AE)

:saint:If you have a death wish, come close to me:saint:

Always keep in mind that you're not alone here and that behind every account there is a human being that does not want to be insulted or treated badly, just like you don't want to be treated that way.

8)(Alpha.AE)(Delta.AE)(Zelos.AE)(Ares.AE_soon.Ares EN).(Kerberos.BR)8)

My birth

IV/XII/MCMXCVI

• Please note that it is NOT just the players on Zelos us that can not merge into Ny. As far as I know NONE of the players on US servers can merge to Ny (some in my alliance have accounts on several us servers, and none can merge) So as far as "the least desirable islands left" go, we are all in the same boat.

I think we all have noticed that free spaces are going down, and the islands we had our eyes on are beginning to fill up, but it is not because other servers are moving. It may be that a few lucky players have somehow managed to merge - anyone know of someone who was able to merge to Ny? It is more likely that players tired of trying to move have opened new accounts on Ny (why is this still an option? Surely Ny should be closed until merge is finished?).

So yeah, it sucks. But lots of us are in this position, not just you and your mates from Zelos. And no amount of whinging is going to fix it.

Question for the GO's: Will the "Festival of Worlds" be extended on Ny once the bug is fixed and we can actually merge? At this point it looks as though we will miss most, if not all of the first week.

• Yes, you will get those items after the merge.

Was this always the plan?

It was said those who move later will have less spots to choose from.. I suppose technically that is correct with or without warps.

But I thought the implication was you move and then you immediately have warps to pick a spot.

The ones who are willing to just pay for the warps now will have the advantage over those waiting for the free merger warps.

It seems like it's gonna be harder to find the spot you want having to wait for the warps.

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• Not sure if this answers the question or not, but I'll try.

The way to access the town warps is to click on an island where you want to warp, then click the flagpole as if you were warping with ambrosia. This is the window that pulls up:

The box on the right that looks like the inventory box shows you how many warps you have left. In my example, I have 2 left. It would cost me one of them to move this town. So it works just like the ambrosia version.

As far as I know, these free warps don't show up in the inventory itself. But you can access them on the island view.

Question: do these free warps expire, or will they still be available months from now?

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• unknown.png

It says I can not move to server where I'd be placed among top 50... I got 73M, and that's case for ALL BG servers... GF, are you know, that you are not worthy to be named software company? :)

• If the BG forum transfer advice message is the same as here on EN, then that does not apply. The order of the headings here is confusing: the first one is:

Changes to Normal Server Transfer

and that message does NOT apply to the current server en masse moves. It is for individual accounts, paying Ambrosia.

The second section here is headed:

Server Merge

and that section doesn't have that restriction (my account moved into the top 10 yesterday). I'd have reversed the order of the message, but maybe that's just me.

• If the BG forum transfer advice message is the same as here on EN, then that does not apply. The order of the headings here is confusing: the first one is:

and that message does NOT apply to the current server en masse moves. It is for individual accounts, paying Ambrosia.

Server Merge

and that section doesn't have that restriction (my account moved into the top 10 yesterday). I'd have reversed the order of the message, but maybe that's just me.

It doesn't work for me!

• I have a question about donation. I didn't find this theme on the last five pages.

When I'll move on the one island as I was I can't donate all my wood even with nonstop 12 hours per level in those 11 days left.
    Even with problems during merging.
    Will this time be longer? Or will be there a chance to donate simply a wood from cities after this 12 hours action finish? Because then I ll be here with a lot of wood bank and to donate it will take few months. What should I do with wood in the city durring these months?
    And I am not talking about people who will move to the new server in the end of these days with 12 hour donate action. :(

Thanks for answer or at least knowing that you are aware of this problem of game. Thanks.

Server Merge

It doesn't work for me!

• Ho hum, sent reply accidentally, too soon. All I meant to say was "sorry, that's weird". It's no consolation, but obviously they will fix it or at least allow the transfer somehow. (Won't they?)

• Sorry, bad word choice. You will be able to move cities as soon as you move to a new server. No need to wait until the last day. Look JuneBarcarolle post with image.

Question: do these free warps expire, or will they still be available months from now?

The answer can be found in the FAQ:

Do I have to use my town moves right away?

• The town moves awarded during the soft merge do not expire. You can use them whenever you feel like it.

Setistä suuri kiitos Sassukalle :* ja Jambolle päivityksistä! :saint:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Moderator - Ikariam.fi

SÄÄNNÖT | OHJEET | SUPPORT

• I think we all have noticed that free spaces are going down, and the islands we had our eyes on are beginning to fill up, but it is not because other servers are moving. It may be that a few lucky players have somehow managed to merge - anyone know of someone who was able to merge to Ny? It is more likely that players tired of trying to move have opened new accounts on Ny (why is this still an option? Surely Ny should be closed until merge is finished?).

So yeah, it sucks. But lots of us are in this position, not just you and your mates from Zelos. And no amount of whinging is going to fix it.

Question for the GO's: Will the "Festival of Worlds" be extended on Ny once the bug is fixed and we can actually merge? At this point it looks as though we will miss most, if not all of the first week.

quit Whining about the festival of worlds, "no amounts of whining is going to fix it"

• I find it slightly disrespectful and unprofessional that GF takes a weekend off while US servers are in such disarray. meanwhile, form what i know, players from other countries can pile into the US servers, which should not be happening at all, given that US server merging is at a standstill and no one can do anything.

Why was there no rollback on this and postponement ?

There should have been.

And here is a valid question as well. US target servers have the the special bonuses which was supposed to be for 14 days of the transfer period. YET. US player can't transfer right now. we have lost 5 days, and who knows how many days by the time GF actually fixes their mess..SO will GF reset that 14 day bonus as well as the 2 week grace period once they do get off their behinds and fix this ???

or will simply be ignorant and go "whatever it's fixed you can merge now" and do NOTHING to compensate the US players they have (deliberately) inconvenienced and impacted. And i say deliberately, because, while we wait for them to fix the mess they created, they're at home having a nice weekend doing NOTING to fix it..

It shows how much GF really cares about us, the players... or is it just they don't like the players on the US Servers... because right now, that is what it looks like...

• Guess you're one of those "entitled" people who doesn't "get" what the US server players are going through. Try learning a bit of "empathy" or even some "understanding", if that is even possible for you.

So please, go troll somewhere else if you're going to be ignorant. you certainly need to apologize to her for being disrespectful, at the very least.

• LOL, Rstar57 and Ratchet I took the comment, "quit Whining about the festival of worlds, "no amounts of whining is going to fix it" as a bit of humour - quoting me back at myself.....and, unfortunately, probably true - no amount of whinging or complaining is likely to affect GF's actions.

So I am enjoying Festival on Alpha en while wishing I could merge and play on Ny. You know what they say about wishes ;)

• quit Whining about the festival of worlds, "no amounts of whining is going to fix it"

Guess you're one of those "entitled" people who doesn't "get" what the US server players are going through. Try learning a bit of "empathy" or even some "understanding", if that is even possible for you.

So please, go troll somewhere else if you're going to be ignorant. you certainly need to apologize to her for being disrespectful, at the very least.

Ratchet

Not a entitled player by any means also not a troll.

I Am a US citizen (State of Michigan "Go Green") and play on Zelos.us server, and I do get what we are going through. I started on Ikariam back in 2007 ish. (earliest ticket I sent in was 2009)

Was just throwing the quit whining back at her as joke. We all are upset and rightfully so about how GF has handled this!!! :cursing:

• I started on Ikariam back in 2007 ish. (earliest ticket I sent in was 2009)

Ikariam opened in February 2008. :whistling:

And forget all the "Soft Merge Bugs" you've ever seen. ^^ Because below is someone whose account was cloned as a result of the merge process.

My account was moved by copying and duplicating. 2 accounts with different names. Just different account names, everything is the same. It gave a warning during the merger that "account name is being used". I changed the account name and tried again. Then I couldn't log into my account for a few hours due to the vacation. When the vacation problem was solved, I looked at the island and there were 2 of the same account. The second is the account I just renamed. There are also 2 accounts in the lobby.

Resim.png