Soft Merge Question Thread

• Morphias

So your (with table trouble) list is wrong (for France).

W.T.H!!!

New servers on top of merger -- Gameforge what did I do to make you mad at me?!?!?!

They've talked about that before. This happened because new server openings were pre-planned. In addition, the disappearance of the merger problem will not end the arrival of new servers. The server names were decided years ago by a game designer (who no longer works for Gameforge). There were 60-70 names in the list game designer prepared (ie the names are already ready for the next 15 years).

badidol

Calm down, everyone makes mistakes. Nobody is perfect. ;)

Resim.png

• You've mentioned that the relevant update maintenance will be between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm today (CET).

If the maintenance is required between the specified hours and for 5 hours straight, there seems to be a problem because I can log into the game without any problems. if not, is there any chance you can provide information about maintenance related details?

Edit: Maintenance seems to be completed. I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

You don't win silver you lose gold.

• You said it would be allowed

Multi-account Changes

• With regard to multi-accounts, the following additional rules apply to transfers:
      • If you already have an account on your preferred server, it cannot be used. You must set the already existing account on the target server to ‘Delete’ before you can move. After the move, the old account will be blocked and deleted.
  • You said it would be allowed

Multi-account Changes

• With regard to multi-accounts, the following additional rules apply to transfers:
      • If you already have an account on your preferred server, it cannot be used. You must set the already existing account on the target server to ‘Delete’ before you can move. After the move, the old account will be blocked and deleted.

You don't win silver you lose gold.

• Just to be clear, is the IP Share function staying? We don't need to send any tickets today, do we?

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"

-Richard Le Gallienne

edited-image_8.png

"Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing"

• Just to be clear, is the IP Share function staying? We don't need to send any tickets today, do we?

Correct.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• Merging worlds is just a poor approach to an infrastructure's issue GF has on his side due a bad design. Players/customers are the ones that pay the consequences, to the point that this game should be discontinued. The capacity is not a big issue compared to how the game has "evolved", server's population decreases because of lack of interest and motivation, instead you should be improving how to get more players without having to build more worlds with different boosts.

And my questions are, why is GF sucking like that? How much of the income received by this game comes from new players compared to old players? What is the point of having a "unified lobby" where you can create a new account on any world without any restriction?

Hi Shaka Zulu  Killa Minds <3

• Merging worlds is just a poor approach to an infrastructure's issue GF has on his side due a bad design. Players/customers are the ones that pay the consequences, to the point that this game should be discontinued. The capacity is not a big issue compared to how the game has "evolved", server's population decreases because of lack of interest and motivation, instead you should be improving how to get more players without having to build more worlds with different boosts.

And my questions are, why is GF sucking like that? How much of the income received by this game comes from new players compared to old players? What is the point of having a "unified lobby" where you can create a new account on any world without any restriction?

Hi Shaka Zulu  Killa Minds <3

I'd suggest working on your choice of words.

Opinions are opinions but there's really no need for that choice of words. I'm sure you can find ways to voice your opinions in a less rude and antagonistic way.

pcmIK.jpg

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• Hi,
    after the update i noticed this change in my lobby

The blue box says "We found other accounts with the same email address. Click here and connect them with your lobby!"

and the banbox

"Your account has been blocked until: Tuesday, January 19, 2038, 4:14 am

Cause: Account transfer"

So, two issues with that: First, i have already link all my accounts since the introduction of lobbies, so it should not exist another account with my mail,

and second, i didnt transfer anything.

Is this a new bug or something else?

Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember, nothing is true
    Where other men are limited by morality or law, remember, everything is permitted
    We work in the dark to serve the light

• I would ask you to please make a support ticket for you community.

Account-related support requires a ticket.

pcmIK.jpg

• I'd say it is not an opinion, it is a testimonial/review from a paying customer, that is the correct "choice of words".

You could start teaching us how to reach other people without getting mad, for example, this silly merge. Did you approach to customers to ask if they wanted to go for the migration?

Do not censor my words, unless they're against your forum's rules.

• Did you approach to customers to ask if they wanted to go for the migration?

I can tell you a secret - a lot and lot of players had asked for merge literally for years (if you could spend some time for reading instead of insulting - you would find out a lot of new on forums). I hope you didn't expect that your individual wishes will be served above the majority of players?

• I love the merge, been waiting many years, that hope what keep me to continue playing.

• not for about another 8 hours.. 12 - 2 - 2021 - 12:00 game time.

I've been looking forward to the merger as well but I hope we get actual players and not just more spare accounts.

I think what xUx is really upset about is the reason we're doing the merger is because GF keeps opening servers, gets that initial amborsia flow.. and then the servers just stagnant, rinse and repeat.. But I don't wanna put words in tehir mouth maybe im wrong.

I think a lot of players share their disgust in that practice.

anyway it does'nt matter.. Gameforge Gonna Gameforge, keep playing or quit..even with the merger I suspect we'll be on life support within 2 years.

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• When GF opened the Zelos server for US, they should have said that it was only a temporary server.

I came back to Ikariam after a 6 year leave. Decided for the first time to buy ambrosia, it has helped me get to the 4th position, but now I will be going to a server where I probably wont be in the top 200. I would like a refund of the money I wasted

• I would like a refund of the money I wasted

There is not going to be one.

You purchased Ambrosia, not a highscore placement.

pcmIK.jpg

• The time is 8:45 on the server, and new accounts are already appearing on Alpha Russia (some in vacation mode, some inactive)

Ikariam since 04.09.2008

flag-ru.3325eb48.svg Delta - Vikings (-VS-) - TeAmo (TeAmo) - Pirates Of Horror (PoH) ==merge==> flag-ru.3325eb48.svg Alpha - Pirates Of Horror (PoH) - Pirate Crew (AFP)

nick ZVano

• The time is 8:45 on the server, and new accounts are already appearing on Alpha Russia (some in vacation mode, some inactive)

Reactivated ghosts aren't new accounts.

pcmIK.jpg