Soft Merge Question Thread

• May I suggest something?

As we know, now there is a restriction when you move an account from one server to another and it is that your account can't be in the top 50. So, there could be a restriction during the merge of the servers, in which you may move your account to a server where your account won't be in the top 5 or at least it wont have more points than the first account of the server.

• As we know, now there is a restriction when you move an account from one server to another and it is that your account can't be in the top 50. So, there could be a restriction during the merge of the servers, in which you may move your account to a server where your account won't be in the top 5 or at least it wont have more points than the first account of the server.

Why? Total score means nothing. Also what to do if the player has higher score than any player on any available target server, should he just delete the account?

• No, we won't add a restriction for every edge case.

If we wanted the script to run forever and never finish, we could have just kept the normal restriction active for the merge as well.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• As we know, now there is a restriction when you move an account from one server to another and it is that your account can't be in the top 50. So, there could be a restriction during the merge of the servers, in which you may move your account to a server where your account won't be in the top 5 or at least it wont have more points than the first account of the server.

Why? Total score means nothing. Also what to do if the player has higher score than any player on any available target server, should he just delete the account?

In Greek server Herakles, all accounts, except for the first one, have less than 500.000 points. So, imagine if an ccount with 5 or more million points moves to that server. This account could easily beat anyone and even worse this account could have the cities of an other accunt closed without even bothering of the gold it would cost. And this could lead all the accounts, that were in the sever since the begining, to stop playing ikariam. Don't you think that this is unfair?

• Alright. So, as i can understand, the only reason for merging the severs is for the company to have less cost on maintening the servers and they don't care about the players who will stop playing the game. And that's because the remaining players are those who will continue giving them money, unlike the leaving players who didnt give that much money to the company. It is all about money and not caring for the players. Thank them on my behalf for ruining the game even more.

These rules are applicable for Normal Server Transfer, for ambrosia.

For Server Merge these restrictions will not apply.

Ikariam since 04.09.2008

flag-ru.3325eb48.svg Delta - Vikings (-VS-) - TeAmo (TeAmo) - Pirates Of Horror (PoH) ==merge==> flag-ru.3325eb48.svg Alpha - Pirates Of Horror (PoH) - Pirate Crew (AFP)

nick ZVano

• In Greek server Herakles, all accounts, except for the first one, have less than 500.000 points. So, imagine if an ccount with 5 or more million points moves to that server. This account could easily beat anyone and even worse this account could have the cities of an other accunt closed without even bothering of the gold it would cost. And this could lead all the accounts, that were in the sever since the begining, to stop playing ikariam. Don't you think that this is unfair?

No, because total score means nothing. I personally know a lot of players with 100k score who regularly pillage/occupy/farm players with 1kk-10kk. It's about how you play the game.

Alright. So, as i can understand, the only reason for merging the severs is for the company to have less cost on maintening the servers and they don't care about the players who will stop playing the game. And that's because the remaining players are those who will continue giving them money, unlike the leaving players who didnt give that much money to the company. It is all about money and not caring for the players. Thank them on my behalf for ruining the game even more.

Yeah, of course. However you just forgot all other players who have asked for merging servers already for years because of low activity. But yeah, one individual's desire should be more important than all others nowadays.

In Greek server Herakles, all accounts, except for the first one, have less than 500.000 points. So, imagine if an ccount with 5 or more million points moves to that server. This account could easily beat anyone and even worse this account could have the cities of an other accunt closed without even bothering of the gold it would cost. And this could lead all the accounts, that were in the sever since the begining, to stop playing ikariam. Don't you think that this is unfair?

a ton of accounts with more than that will move there, but i dont think is that big of a problem. if you have that little points its unlikely that someone with so much will attack you.

ASSINATURA-2023.png

• It is all about money and not caring for the players.

If that held any truth, we'd not even be wasting a second on merging at all. In that case we could just keep opening new servers until eternity, not thinking twice about merges again.

In reality, merges are happening because a myriad of players kept asking for them for the last few years and it finally is being made possible again.

pcmIK.jpg

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• In Greek server Herakles, all accounts, except for the first one, have less than 500.000 points. So, imagine if an ccount with 5 or more million points moves to that server. This account could easily beat anyone and even worse this account could have the cities of an other accunt closed without even bothering of the gold it would cost. And this could lead all the accounts, that were in the sever since the begining, to stop playing ikariam. Don't you think that this is unfair?

No, because total score means nothing. I personally know a lot of players with 100k score who regularly pillage/occupy/farm players with 1kk-10kk. It's about how you play the game.

Alright. So, as i can understand, the only reason for merging the severs is for the company to have less cost on maintening the servers and they don't care about the players who will stop playing the game. And that's because the remaining players are those who will continue giving them money, unlike the leaving players who didnt give that much money to the company. It is all about money and not caring for the players. Thank them on my behalf for ruining the game even more.

Yeah, of course. However you just forgot all other players who have asked for merging servers already for years because of low activity. But yeah, one individual's desire should be more important than all others nowadays.

As I can see from the posts above, there are other players who also complain about this. Even my post was a quote to your reply to others players complaining about this. So, I am no the olny one.

As we know, now there is a restriction when you move an account from one server to another and it is that your account can't be in the top 50. So, there could be a restriction during the merge of the servers, in which you may move your account to a server where your account won't be in the top 5 or at least it wont have more points than the first account of the server.

As for the players who have so many points so that they wont be able to go to an other server, I dont think that they will be so many. they may be just the 1-2 % of the players. They will be hurt less than all thew other players

• do you even read what you write??

why would a company choose a two months old client over a 13 years old one?

ASSINATURA-2023.png

• why would a company choose a two months old client over a 13 years old one?

To be fair: that is what phone providers, internet providers and literally any other service these days teach people.

Accquisition > retention. In doubt, you'll get them back after they quit by offering them nice new customer conditions.

We think this is not the way to go, so we don't.

pcmIK.jpg

• As for the players who have so many points so that they wont be able to go to an other server, I dont think that they will be so many. they may be just the 1-2 % of the players. They will be hurt less than all thew other players

And you still haven't explained what should do the players who have higher total score than anyone in any target community or server? Oh, right - they should just delete the accounts because of some weaker (and apparently also not so smart to be able to fight with larger ones) players.

• Can someone explain in a little more detail how the graveyard server is going to work? My understanding is that accounts that ghost out will eventually go to this new unplayable server. But what happens when someone decides to revive that old account? Does it reappear where it had been last, or does it appear on the new "unplayable server" and then we have to pick someplace else to go? Or does it go to a random server?

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• Yeah, of course. However you just forgot all other players who have asked for merging servers already for years because of low activity. But yeah, one individual's desire should be more important than all others nowadays.

So why do you think there is low activity on so many servers? is it because GF keeps opening servers?

If that held any truth, we'd not even be wasting a second on merging at all. In that case we could just keep opening new servers until eternity, not thinking twice about merges again.

In reality, merges are happening because a myriad of players kept asking for them for the last few years and it finally is being made possible again.

We already went thru this before in this very thread.. you already said the server openings will continue.

Would you please pick a narrative and stick with it

wait wait wait I think I see what you're saying..

We're going ot keep opening servers.. but we love you because we're merging them together.. ah I get it now.. you should run for office.

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• Can someone explain in a little more detail how the graveyard server is going to work? My understanding is that accounts that ghost out will eventually go to this new unplayable server. But what happens when someone decides to revive that old account? Does it reappear where it had been last, or does it appear on the new "unplayable server" and then we have to pick someplace else to go? Or does it go to a random server?

Is that what happened to accounts in the past that ghosted out? I just came back to Ikariam after a 10+ year absence; I made a new account because my old accounts were on servers that no longer exist. Are my old accounts still retrievable?

For all the people asking "Why?", even back then Ikariam regularly opened new servers to attract players then closed/merged them to conserve their resources. That's one of the reasons why I chose Acheron, since it was the newest server I figured I could avoid this issue for a while; nope. It is their modus operandi and unlikely to change any time soon.

Is that what happened to accounts in the past that ghosted out? I just came back to Ikariam after a 10+ year absence; I made a new account because my old accounts were on servers that no longer exist. Are my old accounts still retrievable?

For all the people asking "Why?", even back then Ikariam regularly opened new servers to attract players then closed/merged them to conserve their resources. That's one of the reasons why I chose Acheron, since it was the newest server I figured I could avoid this issue for a while; nope. It is their modus operandi and unlikely to change any time soon.

The graveyard server is new, in past all players; banned, ghosted and inactive at time of sever move were randomly placed onto one of the destination servers. If the account is retrieveable you will have to log into each of the 1+ destination server(s) to see.

Member of Honor alliance on Ny

Former leader of the UNDEAD alliance on Ny (transfer from Lambda)
    Former leader of the UNDEAD alliance on Lambda (R.I.P.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Administrator/Bureaucrat of WikIkariam - the English language Ikariam wiki

The graveyard server is new, in past all players; banned, ghosted and inactive at time of sever move were randomly placed onto one of the destination servers. If the account is retrieveable you will have to log into each of the 1+ destination server(s) to see.

Is there a list somewhere that says which server closed servers merged into?

• EnglishCan someone explain in a little more detail how the graveyard server is going to work? My understanding is that accounts that ghost out will eventually go to this new unplayable server. But what happens when someone decides to revive that old account? Does it reappear where it had been last, or does it appear on the new "unplayable server" and then we have to pick someplace else to go? Or does it go to a random server?

Is there a list somewhere that says which server closed servers merged into?

I have all of the past server mergers on the English Ikariam wiki site for each country. I will be adding the new mergers as well when their exact destinations are known

Member of Honor alliance on Ny

Former leader of the UNDEAD alliance on Ny (transfer from Lambda)
    Former leader of the UNDEAD alliance on Lambda (R.I.P.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Administrator/Bureaucrat of WikIkariam - the English language Ikariam wiki

Edited once, last by Morphias ().