Soft Merge Question Thread

• 1. Is it this Tuesday that you cancel the IP Shares or next?

2. Do we need to send separate tickets for each account or for each server or one ticket for all worlds will do? What do you want us to put in the ticket? Best will be to have some sort of step by step idiot-proof guide about this :D.

3. Also I have accounts in all target worlds in EN, but I also have account in rho, can I still move it to target server and what is the multi procedure?

1. The function will be turn off during the maintenance which will be on 29.11.2021.

2. Please open separate ticket for each world.

I will give you an example

"Hi,

Server: Y

Accounts sharing IP: account A and account B. I and my husband play together from home. "

3. Yes, you can move to a target server where you have an account.

• You should also adjust the price of resource in your shop. You can calculate how much we need to spend in order to catch up. I am sure nobody will ever buy the resources in your shop after merge.

What's the amount you want to bet with that the resource packages will be bought even on the first day of merge?

Okay, I got it. Looks like you really have some crazy big spenders here.

We have 30% discount on resources right now, so the ratio of USD to score is 1 : 257 ( 168 ambrosia for 250k resources, $200 for 3450 asbrosia, 100 resources for 1 score). The top 3 players have more than 70 million scores and the player with less than 30 million scores won't be in top 50. Buying 30 million scores will cost $116,731 and it is not enough to be in top 50 in this game.

I will bet my account with 4909 asbrosia in it here. I will delete my account right away if the resource packages will be bought even on the first day of merge. My score is too low and I cannot afford the price to be competitive after merge anyway.

• People actually buy resources? Pillaging them is much more fun... ;)

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• Be patient. The fewer concerns adequately addressed = more players quitting = more opportunity to pillage those accounts.

Happens every time GF does this sort of scheme/scam.

Starman

Viet Nam Sociality[VNS] - Alpha US Spokesman
    Bậc Thầy Thịt mèo Nướng

BBQ CAT Master Chef

• People actually buy resources? Pillaging them is much more fun... ;)

Which is why little new players are worried about moving to old servers with players 10 times their size.

But on Alpha en most players there currently do not tend to go after new little players, as long as they do'nt leech or otherwise be annoying. I don't know about on other older servers, but I would expect it is much the same.

But I agree, more fun to pillage, and is only way for speedy growth unless you have huge amounts of money to burn on ambrosia.

• Code
    1. Will we move to the same coordinates in the target world if that is availabl
    2. هل سانتقل الى نفس الاحداثيات بالعالم الهدف اذا توفر ذلك ؟
  • Quote from lillyann

Which is why little new players are worried about moving to old servers with players 10 times their size.

But on Alpha en most players there currently do not tend to go after new little players, as long as they do'nt leech or otherwise be annoying. I don't know about on other older servers, but I would expect it is much the same.

But I agree, more fun to pillage, and is only way for speedy growth unless you have huge amounts of money to burn on ambrosia.

that's typical of Alpha and Beta on US, too. Long time big players generally realize that new players are needed to fill in the gaps from older players leaving and will frequently help the new players get set up. Personally, I'd rather start a new account on an established server than on a new server where people are still squabbling over level 10 mines. (But that's just me.)

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Make a final prayer

• Will we move to the same coordinates in the target world if that is availabl

Has this been answered in the FAQs? I had assumed one would move to same coords if available, and to nearest island with same resource if not - like what happens when people come back from ghosting. But it would be good to know for sure!

• Question for the group:

The FAQ says "all war servers will be merged into EN203." Is this the uk server? And how many war servers does "all war servers" include?

EN### are the UK,United Kingdom, or GB, Great Britain, servers

There are about 29 war3 (Ares 3) servers counting the EN203

1. AE - Arab Emirates
    2. AR - Argentine
    3. BA - Balkans
    4. BG - Bulgarian
    5. BR - Brazil
    6. CN - China
    7. CZ - Czech
    8. DE - Germany
    9. DK - Denmark
    10. EN - England, Great Britain, United Kingdom
    11. ES - Spain
    12. FR - French
    13. GR - Greek
    14. HU - Hungarian
    15. IL - Israel
    16. IT - Italian
    17. LT - Lithuanian
    18. LV - Latvia
    19. MX - Mexico
    20. PL - Poland
    21. PT - Portugal
    22. RO - Romania
    23. RS - Serbia
    24. RU - Russian
    25. SE - Sweden
    26. SI - Slovenia
    27. SK - Slovakia
    28. TR - Turkey
    29. US - United States of America / USA

Member of Honor alliance on Ny

Former leader of the UNDEAD alliance on Ny (transfer from Lambda)
    Former leader of the UNDEAD alliance on Lambda (R.I.P.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Administrator/Bureaucrat of WikIkariam - the English language Ikariam wiki

• So questions

1: still not obvious if each account needs this, I can declare any account I want to be an IP share?

2: any guard rails setup after the ticket is accepted? ipshare treaty kept the accounts from interacting

3: I assume the answer to 2 is NO in which case why do I even bother filing a ticket?

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• Hi, i want to ask something more technical...

how exactly do we choose our destination server? is there an ingame option or through an e-mail link?

i am asking because somewhere i read about the second option, does anyone knows for sure?

thanks

There will be in-game option if goes the same way the last set of mergers went

Member of Honor alliance on Ny

Former leader of the UNDEAD alliance on Ny (transfer from Lambda)
    Former leader of the UNDEAD alliance on Lambda (R.I.P.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Administrator/Bureaucrat of WikIkariam - the English language Ikariam wiki

• 2: any guard rails setup after the ticket is accepted? ipshare treaty kept the accounts from interacting

3: I assume the answer to 2 is NO in which case why do I even bother filing a ticket?

If you do not notify the operators of multiple accounts and they found it - ban ?( (I think even without crossing accounts in the game).

If you notified the operators of multiple accounts - play, but watch for intersection of these accounts yourself. If the intersection occurred and the operators found it - ban ?(

Ikariam since 04.09.2008

flag-ru.3325eb48.svg Delta - Vikings (-VS-) - TeAmo (TeAmo) - Pirates Of Horror (PoH) ==merge==> flag-ru.3325eb48.svg Alpha - Pirates Of Horror (PoH) - Pirate Crew (AFP)

nick ZVano

• that's typical of Alpha and Beta on US, too. Long time big players generally realize that new players are needed to fill in the gaps from older players leaving and will frequently help the new players get set up. Personally, I'd rather start a new account on an established server than on a new server where people are still squabbling over level 10 mines. (But that's just me.)

On older servers we all want CTs, not resources :)

• It will be a beautiful wars

BVzIdVU.png

(player account)SaLeH YoUnIs(EN)(BR)

(player account)ڝڦڔ ڣڶڛطـﯧْـن(AE)

:saint:If you have a death wish, come close to me:saint:

Always keep in mind that you're not alone here and that behind every account there is a human being that does not want to be insulted or treated badly, just like you don't want to be treated that way.

8)(Alpha.AE)(Delta.AE)(Zelos.AE)(Ares.AE_soon.Ares EN).(Kerberos.BR)8)

My birth

IV/XII/MCMXCVI

• I think there is no merger or of that talk

badidol

pokahontas

BVzIdVU.png

(player account)SaLeH YoUnIs(EN)(BR)

(player account)ڝڦڔ ڣڶڛطـﯧْـن(AE)

:saint:If you have a death wish, come close to me:saint:

Always keep in mind that you're not alone here and that behind every account there is a human being that does not want to be insulted or treated badly, just like you don't want to be treated that way.

8)(Alpha.AE)(Delta.AE)(Zelos.AE)(Ares.AE_soon.Ares EN).(Kerberos.BR)8)

My birth

IV/XII/MCMXCVI

• If you do not notify the operators of multiple accounts and they found it - ban ?( (I think even without crossing accounts in the game).

If you notified the operators of multiple accounts - play, but watch for intersection of these accounts yourself. If the intersection occurred and the operators found it - ban ?(

Should be very entertaining after mass waves of bans are dished out and the already thin player base gets a machete taken to it.

Good job there GF.

• If you do not notify the operators of multiple accounts and they found it - ban ?( (I think even without crossing accounts in the game).

If you notified the operators of multiple accounts - play, but watch for intersection of these accounts yourself. If the intersection occurred and the operators found it - ban

Why do you think that we ban right away in such cases? Ban is not the only sanction we use.

• Quote from Draxo

Why do you think that we ban right away in such cases? Ban is not the only sanction we use.

Experience. I can think of one instance where someone I knew got a warning. Any other time it's happened to people I knew, it was instant ban no warning. Fair or not, GF has a reputation.

(Speaking of rules violations, are we even allowed to be discussing this?)

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Make a final prayer

• Why do you think that we ban right away in such cases? Ban is not the only sanction we use.

What else is there? (Serious question)

Take away my xbox?

No dinner before bed?

Withholding uh... intimacy?