Soft Merge Question Thread

• New servers are not negotiable. They are going to happen, none of us is going to stop that. It is therefore pointless to discuss them. They are going to happen and always were. We could just as well discuss about why the sun won't stop shining. Pointless.

With merges being possible again, however, new servers aren't really a problem anymore.

I do not see how you can say new servers are not a problem because mergers are possible. I am sure I am not the only player who joined a new server because of the bonuses - faster ships, recruiting, extra resources from mines - which many of the new servers were offering. But NOT ONE of the target servers for US is a bonus server. To me, that is a problem. Why in the world would I ever join another new server knowing that at any time, the features I signed up for can be whisked away in the next merge?

• Question for the group:

The FAQ says "all war servers will be merged into EN203." Is this the uk server? And how many war servers does "all war servers" include?

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Hold your breath be deadly calm

Make a final prayer

Don't forget what you have done

• So rude to tease...

GF - "We are going to make the game fair and fun again! No more multis!"

ME - "Maybe I'll actually start actively playing and invest more in the game..."

GF - "just kidding too many people whined so we will continue allowing them to legally cheat and the game will remain in ruins"

ME - "Nevermind"

• *ponders*

How is playing 2 or 3 accounts (or however many) "cheating"?

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Make a final prayer

• After the merge. Is there a chance for more interest by developers or will we be forgotten for years again?

Decades this time!

Seriously, all jokes and gallow's humour aside, how do you expect me to answer this?

We're trying to get as many ressources as we can but that's way above my paygrade, I simply don't decide these things.

I was promised some ressources.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• badidol, Sampisa @others

a bit off topic, but...

any rumors about creating international servers?

Ares becomes international (i know, on uk domain), could we have some hope for GF movement or it will stay as it is?

No.

pcmIK.jpg

Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.

Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• Here is a heads up for players who would chose to come to server 2 Beta in the EN community:

Quite a number of players (99% from Iran) are using a loophole in the rules by hoarding MILLIONS of generals scores with players who remain in perpetual hibernation so as to conserve their gold.

Number one in the high score list for Generals has right now 15,816,984 Generals score

Number two 12,958,076

and so on, totalling 82 million generals score for the first 10 in the Generals high score.

All of them are of course in perpetual hibernation, just coming out for a minute every 14 days.

Or when there is a war going on, they will distribute these multi million generals scores among their group to squash any other alliance or individual.

This is the situation on Beta Server.

Earlier in this thread, the game authority claimed that this is perfectly within the rules of the game.

We on beta server found that this practice is a huge game spoiler, it skews every war and makes it a mockery.

So, be warned.

A warned person is worth two.

But except for that, you are all welcome !

Gibon

• I hate to break it to you, but that happens on all servers. Alpha and Beta us, Alpha and Beta en. It is legal per the rules.

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Make a final prayer

• I hate to break it to you, but that happens on all servers. Alpha and Beta us, Alpha and Beta en. It is legal per the rules.

Thanks, I am not really surprised.

The rules should have been changed to avoid this "legal cheating" and it would have been very easy to do that but the game authorities have constantly refused to consider it.

That, and the legal 10 plus one accounts per player, took away all fair play in this game.

So be it. I suppose many players are in the same situation as I, we just keep the game going without enthusiasm, just because we have been here for years.

I do advise all players not to spend any real money on this game. That is also legal isn't it ?

• Regarding the new world, any player with a high score can immerse themselves in it

Number 43 44 45 46 47 48

badidol

BVzIdVU.png

(player account)SaLeH YoUnIs(EN)(BR)

(player account)ڝڦڔ ڣڶڛطـﯧْـن(AE)

:saint:If you have a death wish, come close to me:saint:

Always keep in mind that you're not alone here and that behind every account there is a human being that does not want to be insulted or treated badly, just like you don't want to be treated that way.

8)(Alpha.AE)(Delta.AE)(Zelos.AE)(Ares.AE_soon.Ares EN).(Kerberos.BR)8)

My birth

IV/XII/MCMXCVI

• Quite a number of players (99% from Iran) are using a loophole in the rules by hoarding MILLIONS of generals scores with players who remain in perpetual hibernation so as to conserve their gold.

I see that on Beta US as well, General banks.

It's not as wide spread though probably less than 10.. I've only personally encountered 1..

but then again Beta has less activity im sure, it's pretty quiet sever actually.

I fear it will increase with the merger though.

Someone suggested their be a 7 day troop "sale" cool down when coming out of vmode.. it wouldn't affect "buying" so players who come back and NEED to arm up fast could still do so.

Not a perfect solution but a reasonable one I think.

Diplomat - Raging Kings [Beta]

• @badidol

I think you are the person in charge so I want to sharemy requests with you.

I would like to ask for 1 billion of each type of resources as compensation for the new server players after the server merge.

Reason: TL.DR. Give us some resources as compensation can make us to be competitive again.

The top players in S1,S2 have more than 70 million scores and the top players on new servers barely have 10% to 20% of their scores Due to 100 resources are equal to 1 score, I think a few billions of extra resources can put us back to where we were. We will also lose our islands with high level mines on them. It will take several months to rebuild them because of the insanely long building time. We wont have deserved income for a long time after merge which will put us even more behind.

We chose to play on a new server and spend on there before because we want to compete with everybody under fair conditions. The server merge ruined the purpose of new servers. I think we deserve the compensation if you want us to stay.

You should also adjust the price of resource in your shop. You can calculate how much we need to spend in order to catch up. I am sure nobody will ever buy the resources in your shop after merge.

• Hi, i want to ask something more technical...

how exactly do we choose our destination server? is there an ingame option or through an e-mail link?

i am asking because somewhere i read about the second option, does anyone knows for sure?

thanks

Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember, nothing is true
    Where other men are limited by morality or law, remember, everything is permitted
    We work in the dark to serve the light

• You should also adjust the price of resource in your shop. You can calculate how much we need to spend in order to catch up. I am sure nobody will ever buy the resources in your shop after merge.

What's the amount you want to bet with that the resource packages will be bought even on the first day of merge?

how exactly do we choose our destination server? is there an ingame option or through an e-mail link?

There will be an in-game option once the merge period starts.

• 1. Is it this Tuesday that you cancel the IP Shares or next?

2. Do we need to send separate tickets for each account or for each server or one ticket for all worlds will do? What do you want us to put in the ticket? Best will be to have some sort of step by step idiot-proof guide about this :D.

3. Also I have accounts in all target worlds in EN, but I also have account in rho, can I still move it to target server and what is the multi procedure?

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"

-Richard Le Gallienne

edited-image_8.png

"Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing"

• Quote from Cassiopea

Best will be to have some sort of step by step idiot-proof guide about this :D.

Agreed. :thumbup:

viZb6W5.png

Turmoil's in the air

Make a final prayer